Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

##vote
B. C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
C.
H.
K.

That conversational vote progression was slick as hell. Bravo.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

There's no way we could put that many words together with that much eloquence.

Quite. It's generous we've made it this far with full bladder control.

##vote
A.
G.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
A.
E.

We are not his personal killasaur. Any halfway sane sophont would reward his squirrely behavior on the gig with nothing more than a sound thrashing and a parting of ways. So he should take his share and shut up. Especially since we personally absorbed the Cartel job risk. We're the only one on the hook there and if he dares to keep bitching about it, we're absolutely picking him as a teammate when the time comes.

I did not know we were quite that personally lethal. I like that aspect though. We don't seem to be built for non disembowelly brawling so we don't throw our weight around physically. When personal violence is so final we end up looking like a coward more often than not simply cause we're not a sociopath. Cool beans. Neat change from the usual goon character.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Apr 8, 2016 around 19:02

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Invest is in quotes. We'd be putting our money into the bank of the local crime boss. It is unlikely to grow.

Also I'm far more interested in the shield and drone upgrades than the gun. Just imagine pulser bolts bouncing off us as we deliver a flying plasma kick to some thug's neck stalk. Not that we'd be so crude, of course. Curious how much the shield's battery packs cost to replace between jobs or if they're rechargable (at lifestyle levels with access to power)?

Finally, I feel like advertising will draw the wrong sort of clientele. We want discrete jobs.

That said:

##vote
B
J
L Datajack

Let's be a rigger! Having the drone be able to sneak around and access computer systems seems fun.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2016 around 03:48

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
A

Work! Well paying work! Well paying work that has the moral highground! *bzzzt* Oops, just tripped my too-good-to-be-true threshold. This is gonna go pear shaped. Ah well.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2016 around 18:27

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
Optional: Scuzzy!
A; B; E

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2016 around 19:43

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
B

I feel like it's harder to wriggle out of buying slaves than it is to justify passing them on to a random smuggler. He could claim he thought the guy was freeing them.

Also Ramadi deserves answers and stopping the slavers further upstream is the more moral thing to do. None of that is our official reasoning of course.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

CTake over. Ram's too flummoxed to come up with a good like at this point.
(Lie. Lie a lot.)

Yep.

##vote
C

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

#vote
D

He'd be suspicious if we just rolled over anyway.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

##vote
A
E
I

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

D

I believe I've already sung the praises of your immersive dialog and conversational voting thingies, but I figure it's a good time to reiterate it. This is a unique gem of a CYOA and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B I M N

I want a lair. Also for N treat your friends to nice stuff with the last two exos.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

C E F

I like this little bugger. Get some time getting to know him in case we need a "best at moving" sometime later. And more familiarity with the territory is a good plan as well. Gotta trust that our employer's rep will keep the pilot in line.

Also, see that lack of a hatch lock at the start? Told y'all we need better digs. Forget the neighborhood outreach and get someplace we can fortify and deck out.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

C

Fortune favors the bold. So let's knock.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Fine fine. But when we're being chased through the ducts by a horde of arachnislugs or some such and you really wish there was a blast door to slam in their freaky faces, think of your non C votes and despair.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Not Alex posted:

Fine fine. But when we're being chased through the ducts by a horde of arachnislugs or some such and you really wish there was a blast door to slam in their freaky faces, think of your non C votes and despair.

And E. Buddy system!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Plan Tran

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B
C

Oh my god, don't wait around for this thing to thaw.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B G

I like the idea of her being the charmed flip-side of our unlucky coin of a life. Plus childhood friend is most open to having the relationship evolve organically.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Blasphemaster posted:

Plus. Let's get Reeg laid. Cmon. Dude's seen some poo poo.

Our character is female. Not that that is any barrier to this potential lesbian lizard romance.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Jun 2, 2016 around 04:57

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B E I J M O P Q V X- Visor display for visual overlays. Withdraw our money from Vrade.

B Imagine having crazy liquid metal for arms

EIJMOPQ Awesome stealth drone with great sensors and hacking plus a laser surprise

V Please vote for this. I want a lair. The sub doesnt have room for the really fun toys.

X Let's not make our eyes vulnerable to emp. Just get a visor for our drone feeds.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2016 around 16:58

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

E. [5 xd] A military recon model, better able to withstand the rigors of combat and hostile environments. Less room for tools, but easier to upgrade with military-grade hardware. (6 slots, 1 slot discount on military upgrades)

Select Upgrades:
G. [3 xd; 1 slot] Blaster-baffling (armor, military)
I. [1 xd; 1 slot] Dataprobe
J. [2 xd; 1 slot] Electronic Warfare Suite (military)
K. [1 xd; 2 slots] Cutting laser
O. [2 xd; 2 slots] Improved Sensors
P. [4 xd; 2 slots] Optical Camouflage (military)
Q. [4 xd; 0 slots] Stealth Coating

I believe you're a slot over on the upgrades. I can math!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i like that but i think the cutting laser could be useful to cut through bulkheads to and whatnot

I figured the military laser could handle airducts and thin stuff as well. Anything thicker would probably take too long for usefulness even with the cutting version and we should have brought specialized equipment for the job at that point.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2016 around 21:01

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Nanoassemblers and Passing Gas

Yep. A and F

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B and E of course.

Been meaning to make contact with Tone again. And the idea of Kamula as some kids' clanky uncle K tickles me.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Xiphopagus posted:

You can operate the swarm within RF range; if you use your Phantom as a signal repeater, you can cover the sector without too much signal degradation. When you start to lose signal, micros will start to drop out of the swarm.

Yes, they can hover.

Possibly, if the shoe-wearer is distracted and the laces are not actually a vermiform parasite.

That codpiece is totally a hive projector, so mock at peril of crotch-bees.

Awesome. So when things get sticky we can send our infinitely pop-able methane breathing VIP an ablative drone shield and then focus on business.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Scuzzy MkII and D. Why Hire the Best at Moving otherwise?

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

Suddenly go dead in the water, minimal power and nose down to sink rapidly. Garble out a "power lost, we're going down" with some nice fake static. Wait to see how the enemy reacts. They will either break off or chase. Breaking off means we can can slam out engines back on on get to our destination, chasing means they have power diverted to engines and momentum Built up and we can pop off a torpedo they can't avoid.

This assumes they actually want to board us and/or are idiots. They could and should just torpedo us once we stop moving.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Look at that adorable mug.

A

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

BEHKMQ

So close Sir.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

B for sure

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

And another AFJK

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

D

Do the job. Get paid. Buy friend super fancy casket. Go nuts with guilt. Start talking exclusively to drones. Suffer from liver failure. Get more robo parts.

Actually let's just stop at step two there.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

BFL

B- Gonna need this for some trick down the line
F- Get this sleeb talking
L- Release a cloud of microbots and coalesce them into a coherent tube in the area where the Ymirez's shield will form. Once they intersects that plane have Skuzzy thread the needle with a laser. Aim low for a leg. The idea is exploit whatever computer assistance is boosting his reflexes. The microbots are probably too low energy to register as a weapon to the expert system. Skuzzy's laser charging up will register but the shot should be too low to deflect with the cape. So the shield will kick on but will be donut-ed by the microbots. Bam, he used to be an adventurer until he took a laser to the knee.

Probably requires a little nanosynthesis for the coordination.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2016 around 15:13

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Y

Xipho, that was a really excellent bit of writing. You're making me sad about space dinosaurs.

Seconded.

Also Y

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

So quick to divest ourselves from something truly unique. An interplay of the techs of two mortal enemies. So far ahead of the curve that time is meaningless.

Admittedly it came within a talon of erasing us at a terrifyingly intimate level. That can't happen again. We have to lock it down. But... tech sings. We take a healthy amount of pleasure and pride in our interfacing. We excise the DCC and we're a painter losing her eyes. We could continue but would we be bitter at the cost? And I doubt the good doctors' experiment will be as easy to stop as an off switch.

But first...

These crocs came after our people. They need to learn that we punch above our weight class. And they need to learn how unprofitable it is to associate with one Poole Midas.

C

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A

Let her think us at least modestly cowed.

F

Don't even want to hear his stupid and inevitably traitorous little angle. Roll your eyes and move along.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Too hard hard to trust, too dangerous to let live. The crocs at least have a twisted code of honor. This cheerfully pragmatic fellow was hired to slaughter and enslave an entire civilian population. He would have gleefully mindfucked us and made our implants kill our meat for his own amusement I'm guessing.

F- Unless there's a way to kick him offline permanently. And wipe his memory of who did it.
G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

No love for the amphibious labor mechs? Super useful for salvage recovery, ie this exact mission. Plus anything with a sensors is gonna hear the massive ping of the motes scanning the area so stealth is less useful. And we've got sixty four. Who cares if a few get shot? That's shots not heading our way.

AF, F, H

• Locked thread
«2 »