Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

This is VEEP in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

As a New Hampshirite, it tickles me that we get to see the state in the show...wonder what comedy will be extracted from our great state. So far I see "north country bumpkin"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Jonah Ryan is going to cast the deciding vote for Tom James' presidency in the house.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The lesbian storyline with the Secret Service agent is loving amazing for so many reasons.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
:geno: I can't stop smiling.

:geno: Neither can I. I'm giddy.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Hollismason posted:

The lesbian storyline with the Secret Service agent is loving amazing for so many reasons.

Wasnt she the one that everyone kept mistaking for Selina?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

From behind, yes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

EccoRaven posted:

I hope the actor has a good sense of humor about it because making fun of Jonah Ryan is one of the best things to ever happen in the history of television and I don't think it'll ever get old.
He's mentioned that early on in season 2ish he realized how everyone loved to hate Jonah and clown on his face/mannerisms/physicality. He's done a good job separating himself from the Jonad as a result.

The guy himself, Tim Simons, is kind of a goofy awkward nice dude. Jonah's his total polar opposite.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

This show is so loving good. Pretty excited for the payoff with Catherine's tapes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I didn't think it was possible for them to do a better Jonad story than Ryantology but this is loving amazing.

Kind of sad CUNTGATE wasn't about Selina calling the queen a oval office but at least we got her going full Nixon. Also I hope this wasn't Slattery's last appearance.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Lol at the bit about Jonah's only two brain cells buttfucking each other in the dark recesses of his misshapen skull. I like to imagine the writers watching the fan compilations of insults and looking around the room, all agreeing "we can do better."

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

That wood won't burn well :mad:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Wasnt she the one that everyone kept mistaking for Selina?

Yes, she was.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Propaganda Machine posted:

That wood won't burn well :mad:
I just about pissed myself at this line.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ben continues to be the best. "I thought I called her that to the reporter that wrote the article."

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hi i just binged the last 3 and a half seasons on hbo go now, all caught up now and my jaw just literally dropped when I realized Catherine is dating HER MOTHER'S LOOK ALIKE

how is this show so perfect

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is shaping up to be my favorite season of the show. Jonah's uncle might be the best new addition this season. "They make you look half-smart, you loving goon! You know what they called people like you back in my day? Retards."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I really, really can't wait for Catherine's movie to drop. It's gonna be glorious.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
"I was just getting some b roll of the fax machine." <- killed me.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

This is shaping up to be my favorite season of the show. Jonah's uncle might be the best new addition this season. "They make you look half-smart, you loving goon! You know what they called people like you back in my day? Retards."

Jonah's uncle is definitely the best new addition. The joke he feeds to Jonah and then he's the only one laughing when Jonah tries and fails to stumble his way through it had me losing it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This is probably the best episode of anything ever. Perfection.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When I saw the episode title I thought they were gonna recycle the Thick of It episode where someone accidentally calls a random little girl a oval office over email. Glad they did this instead.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I was convinced last time I saw Jonah's uncle that it was the guy from Ally Mcbeal, and just went to confirm it right now. He looks identical to himself almost 20 years ago.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"My boyfriend's not a billionaire!" End shot of him and Dan holding hands in front of a cheering crowd.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

whalesteak posted:

Lol at the bit about Jonah's only two brain cells buttfucking each other in the dark recesses of his misshapen skull. I like to imagine the writers watching the fan compilations of insults and looking around the room, all agreeing "we can do better."

AM I the only one who finds the insults to be a bit forced and unnatural compared to TTOI?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Throatwarbler posted:

AM I the only one who finds the insults to be a bit forced and unnatural compared to TTOI?

I do too but some of it might just be the accents trowing you off. "I never see those so called people talk normally so maybe its always like this when the British speak." But some of it is just a little forced, like the joke takes too long to make or is to complex to occur in real life.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I was convinced last time I saw Jonah's uncle that it was the guy from Ally Mcbeal, and just went to confirm it right now. He looks identical to himself almost 20 years ago.

He was also the guy who helped Vigo in Ghostbusters 2.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dazerbeams posted:

"My boyfriend's not a billionaire!" End shot of him and Dan holding hands in front of a cheering crowd.

Oh god! That flew absolutely and completely past me. This show has so many little stuff.

Also I loved it when Gary came in, confessed to have used the C word, Amy was reasonably surprised and Ben just said: "Nah, you didn't." And of course he's right with that.

How is every single one of those characters the best? I can't think of another show which has so many great cast members.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 30, 2016

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know a few friends who have claimed that this season is lacking something.

Maybe that was true with the first few episodes, but Mother and C*ntgate are instant classics.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Richard Splett is my favourite TV idiot of all time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

bog savant posted:

Richard Splett is my favourite TV idiot of all time.

Poor guy couldn't pass Jonah's campaign manager vetting.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

I can genuinely see Jonah seeing enormous success as a gay candidate as a result of that misspoken work and then he and Dan are basically forced to pretend to be BFs for the entire campaign in the hope of winning the election.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pentyne posted:

I can genuinely see Jonah seeing enormous success as a gay candidate as a result of that misspoken work and then he and Dan are basically forced to pretend to be BFs for the entire campaign in the hope of winning the election.

Oh my god please yes. They'll be fighting like normal but everybody will think its a bickering couple.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I didn't notice that at all. I imagine they won't tell him that he's climbing in the polls as an out and proud gay man, because he'd gently caress that up too.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

Oh my god please yes. They'll be fighting like normal but everybody will think its a bickering couple.

Anonymous sources from the West Wing will talk about how often they saw the two of them sneaking around together.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I loved the end of the cuntgate investigation.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

There was a bit of understanding bromance right before Jonah's speech. I think it will turn into some kind of awkward sometimes friendship that no one else gets.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What was the joke with Mike seeing O'Brien at the Korean BBQ place? Is it to do with being stood up at dinner, the fact he is making moves for the presidency with key bigwigs or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

"I was just getting some b roll of the fax machine." <- killed me.

I laughed pretty hard at that too.

Also, I was wondering why they casted Clea DuVall only for her to be so underused barely getting a line per episode and just standing in the background. I'm glad that they are giving her more to do as Catherine's girlfriend.

xcore posted:

What was the joke with Mike seeing O'Brien at the Korean BBQ place? Is it to do with being stood up at dinner, the fact he is making moves for the presidency with key bigwigs or something else?
Didn't he see Tom James, Sidney Purcell and Jim Marwood having a meeting? Which was obviously weird because of the place and because they are already suspecting Tom James having his own agenda and making moves behind the president's back.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 31, 2016

• Locked thread