Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This episode was the best, mostly because Jonah and Richard are the best but also because Selina and Tom.
"gently caress you!"
"gently caress you!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Hollismason posted:

Wow that was a loving killer episode.

The best has to be

" I got us here you sentient enema"

Also

" Oh you know what I did the same thing"

If you were 10% less black I could make you president.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Selina's takedown of that Colorado congresswoman was some next-level poo poo

"I'm gonna send the IRS so far up your husband's colon, he's gonna hope the only thing they find is more cancer"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

So Selina and Tom's source of tension was really just that they wanted to gently caress each other? I wasn't totally sure how to read that scene.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

ShakeZula posted:

"I'm gonna send the IRS so far up your husband's colon, he's gonna hope the only thing they find is more cancer"

The district in Colorado where they are going to build warships?

Also Patton Oswald did this after his wife's death?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Throatwarbler posted:

You can think it's implausible, but that's where they said she was from.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jfc this show is the best

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what other show has this many tertiary characters making a real impact in comedic roles? the broad casting is what makes this show great

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"The letters from Tom Petty's lawyers continue, and they're getting angrier"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the campaign of JON H RYAN will live on through poetry and song

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Aliquid posted:

the campaign of JON H RYAN will live on through poetry and song

Speaking of which I'm pretty sure the campaign video on the front page of his web site is new or at least isn't the one with him chasing the kid around and chopping wood. https://www.jonahryanforcongress.com/

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This show is so god drat good

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Great episode, for some reason the biggest laugh for me was I KNOW ALL ABOUT HOW YOU'RE TRYING TO gently caress ME WITH THAT ABSTINENCE PROGRAM OF YOURS

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 6, 2016

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Throatwarbler posted:

Also Patton Oswald did this after his wife's death?

She died April 21st and the season premiered on April 24th. It was probably already filmed.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
That reaction of Gary's to the Tom/Selena hook up is just waiting to become a HOF worthy gif. I laughed more at it for 2 mins than the take-down of the soccer mom congresswoman.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oh right, I knew I forgot something

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jon H. has several new ads up on his campaign website. The Sick Eagle is an absolute masterpiece :allears:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jon H. has several new ads up on his campaign website. The Sick Eagle is an absolute masterpiece :allears:

Is that sick bald eagle... America?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Air is lava! posted:

Is that sick bald eagle... America?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhbHTlOiX8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god the loving flies

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Haha, the Helpful Links section is seven links to various New Hampshire things and then a link to Tom Petty's website at the end.

And the Donate page says his campaign has raised over six grand so far. :)

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 6, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
loving spectacular. Mike downgraded to PGA and then LPGA was a great kicker.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I live in Brattleboro and, to be fair, I can actually see New Hampshire from my front window.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

That might honestly be the most vicious thing they've ever done on this show. I had to pause I was laughing so hard.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I remember Ben turning from cuddly, cowardly loser to murderous bastard on somebody last season, but that was about the only other time I saw it at that level on Veep.

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Found this placeholder page: https://www.jonahryanforcongress.com/testimonials/

Wonder if they plan to use it in the future.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Man, that cancer line was next level. I was genuinely shocked by that (still laughed my rear end off).

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

I remember Ben turning from cuddly, cowardly loser to murderous bastard on somebody last season, but that was about the only other time I saw it at that level on Veep.

Is it Dan when he's getting fired and threatening to talk to reporters about the data breach thing?
And Kent then says something like "I do not condone the tone of the delivery, but I completely agree with the message."

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Barbe Rouge posted:

Is it Dan when he's getting fired and threatening to talk to reporters about the data breach thing?
And Kent then says something like "I do not condone the tone of the delivery, but I completely agree with the message."

It was either that or the guy they set up to fall during the inquiry.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Selina whispering "nobody's gonna help you" to Tom while they were dancing was the most hysterical goddamn thing I've seen all year and seeing her in pure rage monster form for the last half of the episode was magnificent

this show is the best thing on hbo right now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

drainpipe posted:

Man, that cancer line was next level. I was genuinely shocked by that (still laughed my rear end off).

How appropriate

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I wonder how they manage to translate Veep into other languages for the DVD sets. Just the Jonah nicknames alone would be challenging. How do you make Jolly Green Jizzface work in Spanish?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Throatwarbler posted:

Well...they were amphibious

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

drainpipe posted:

I wonder how they manage to translate Veep into other languages for the DVD sets.
From my experience watching nothing but dubbed movies and TV shows for the first 15 years or so of my life, my guess is "very loving poorly".

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

If you were 10% less black I could make you president.

"Thank you!"

I also love how Richard's analytical mind works, after his spy mission when they see that he recorded nothing of use.

"I think I see what happened here. I went to turn it on but it was already on, so I actually turned it off. Then I went to turn it off but it was already off, so I turned it on."

Thanks for clearing that up, Richard!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I loved how Richard was still so in character as Jonah's old teacher that he scolded Jonah for swearing.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
This season feels really fresh for some reason. You'd think by now it'd be tired and done, but cast additions like Richard and Joh*h running for congress really make it compelling.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, and it's weird because at once it feels like nothing changed after Iannucci's departure, but as you say it also feels like it got some new energy. And this episode in particular was ridiculously strong, drat.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The moment when they realise that Richard is a full blown moron is absolute gold.

"I had such great plans for you ..." :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I love Jon H. bonding with Dan a little bit.

And in Season 6, Jon H. is going to be a congressman, but still come by to hang around with the main cast all the time.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 7, 2016

• Locked thread