Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQD-_BeRCk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Well gently caress. You're not wrong, I did play it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt play it. i played the dragon ball half life mod esf though

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I played it op and whats more, I remember this music

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you didn't manage to bring all the z-warriors to namek you should rethink your life choices

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I didn't play it but I played Xenoverse.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think there were 4 or 5 kids in my fifth grade class who spent recess playing that GBA DBZ RPG

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I was just trying to download that fighting game rom

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I didn't play it OP. I didn't play Xenvoerse either.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

trying to jack off posted:

i didnt play it. i played the dragon ball half life mod esf though

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I didn't play it but I played Xenoverse.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Extra posted:

I was just trying to download that fighting game rom

you must've really made someone mad to get a title like that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DAE get feels from remembering this game?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That feel when you remember something from before you cared about cumming. :negative:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I didnt play this game OP. I only played the cool games no one heard of as a kid, So I probably can't relate to you on any of your child hood feels

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think there were 4 or 5 kids in my fifth grade class who spent recess playing that GBA DBZ RPG

the top down one? i played the first one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There was like 5 GBA action rpg dragon ball games and they all Pwned.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

I didnt play this game OP. I only played the cool games no one heard of as a kid, So I probably can't relate to you on any of your child hood feels

Same, but for me it was games for pussies nobody ever heard of, like Wallace and Gromit for the Gamecube.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

Same, but for me it was games for pussies nobody ever heard of, like Wallace and Gromit for the Gamecube.

mine is okage: shadow king

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i loved those gba games

i just found it rly bizarre that somehow everybody in middle school knew about this game and would go to the darknet on their first emulation ventures to find hacked versions w/ 20% english translations

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

getting control of vegeta in namek but there was a 50/50 chance hed go "I dont want --^!***^" and just loving waste your cards

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i never played a dbz game. i love the manga though. + the anime filler :-)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i never played a dbz game. i love the manga though. + the anime filler :-)

not even the budokai games??

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

one of the first ROMs I played was a cool SNES DBZ fighting game where you could fight in mid-air and the screen would split and stuff, don't remember this RPG tho

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr2Ez_BsURE

i can confirm the game was beatable in japanese OP once you figured out what all the battle menu cards did

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

d0s posted:

one of the first ROMs I played was a cool SNES DBZ fighting game where you could fight in mid-air and the screen would split and stuff, don't remember this RPG tho

that was butoden

the rpg was pretty good and had good secret stuff like if you beat Earth fast enough you get to Namek earlier, so you actually get to wish on Porunga once

you can also kill Goku during the Ginyu fight and keep Ginyu until the final boss and then do a body swap

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what could you wish for? i think i remember one of them being a huge perma power boost

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh what, you get it if Nail manages to do damage to Freeza

porunga heals everyone fully, halves the health of every enemy, and levels everyone up once

or you can get a Moon/tail card which turns gohan into a great ape at any time

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 23, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

what could you wish for? i think i remember one of them being a huge perma power boost

I would wish for sex.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I would wish for sex.

we all would

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I would wish for sex.
Him name?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
*His

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

not even the budokai games??

no, are they good ?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
they arent good but theyre fun and they come with a bunch of different game modes for variety
dbz budokai 2 had a main story mode which was a board game and everybody was a flat piece of card board attached to uh its been a while but i think they looked like plungers rofl its still kind of neat though because there were different objectives and there was some board manipulation and secret areas you had to do certain things in order to unlock
super secret mod edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-bTqJOzAQ&t=64s

starbarry clock fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 23, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

no, are they good ?

they werent very balanced for high level competitive play but holy poo poo they were fun, especially the later PS3 ones.

burst 2 on ps3 had everyone in dbz ever including the background bushes and you could go through all of their storylines unlocking mountains of poo poo. idk give it a spin one day

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

mine is okage: shadow king

they just put the remastered version (or upscaled, however they're doing these ps2 ports with trophies) on ps4

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I liked the budokai alt storylines like Goku fusing with Hercule and Cell accidentally absorbing krillin instead of an android

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

piccolo obviously

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Vegeta was loving obnoxious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Vegeta was loving obnoxious