Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MockingQuantum posted:

Nah the coats they have now will basically be what they look like as adults, the black spots on the merles might get a little darker, and it's hard to tell at this point how much copper any of them will have in their coats, but the merle coloration sticks around. They mostly get scruffier as they get older, the short puppy coat doesn't stick around. Here's their aunt with her very lovely merle coat:

Also we got to see one of Waffles's puppies from her last litter this weekend, he's about 10 months old and it's the first time I've seen him in person since he was about 8 weeks old. He is GIANT, he makes his mom look little and if anything she's on the bigger side for the breed. He was very sweet and friendly and found a very cold stick:

Look out, that dog's about to commit an unsolvable crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I would hug all those dogs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Look out, that dog's about to commit an unsolvable crime!

That dog's about to assassinate Trotsky

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Phlegmish posted:

That dog's about to assassinate Trotsky

I knew Trotsky was a cat boy

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wanna snuggle those pups SO BAD. :kimchi:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
What I want to see is my mom's reaction if she saw those puppies irl.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Look at this weird little puppy
https://i.imgur.com/oSlXPAg.mp4

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quoting this gain because look at that little guy go

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I just like how fast it seems to learn it has wheels.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

mobby_6kl posted:

That's an afghan hound. You can tell by the majestic mane :3:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

mobby_6kl posted:

So fast

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Henry just had his annual checkup and vaccination and the vet that performed his hip surgery last year was extremely pleased with his mobility today.
His hip/leg is basically fully flexible compared to his normal leg, and his floaty kneecap has stopped being an issue, maybe because his hip is fixed, so the stability of the whole limb is better.

Old boy is snoozing beside me right now, and I am so happy my silly puppy is well and healthy:3:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6IFJWtR.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You have collected 1/50.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7fjzlIMGUo

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Reminds me of a story my dad told me about when he was in the military. He owned an Oscar & it used to love swimming around his hands for pets, he said whenever he got up & walked by the fish would go from calm on the gravel to swimming up excitedly to greet him. :3: Any time he got deployed he'd have someone babysit his fish & when he got back it acted like a dog, going crazy for attention. Fish are definitely underrated & misunderstood sometimes.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

People seem to think fish are dumb but that's just not true. Like you said, they can learn to differentiate which members of a completely alien taxon dispense treats and react accordingly.

Some individual fish will also bond with divers and remember them for years.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

People seem to think fish are dumb but that's just not true. Like you said, they can learn to differentiate which members of a completely alien taxon dispense treats and react accordingly.

Some individual fish will also bond with divers and remember them for years.

When I was in college, my roommate had an aquarium tank with a starfish that he'd feed by hand every day, and it always knew when it was feeding time, probably through some sort of internal biological clock--it would climb up the front face of the tank, detach two of its legs from the glass, and lean back so he could put the pellet right in the middle of its stomach. But weirdly, it would only ever let him feed it this way. If I tried it would somehow know I wasn't him (I assume because I was brushing up against it in some way he didn't, or something) and wouldn't let me place the pellet, so instead I had to just kind of put the pellet near the starfish and it would eventually find it on its own. Not exactly the same as a fish bonding with a diver, but still kind of fascinating to observe.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sa3xwlKzsB1viuiy1.mp4

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Sound on for free meow:

https://i.imgur.com/96BCxYa.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Poor neglected child, not fed for centuries, has never been pet.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Reminds me of a story my dad told me about when he was in the military. He owned an Oscar & it used to love swimming around his hands for pets, he said whenever he got up & walked by the fish would go from calm on the gravel to swimming up excitedly to greet him. :3: Any time he got deployed he'd have someone babysit his fish & when he got back it acted like a dog, going crazy for attention. Fish are definitely underrated & misunderstood sometimes.

My brother had an Oscar. Can confirm. I'd pet it when it was asleep, and it would wake up and just sit there chillin.

Never tried that with his Piranha.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

MockingQuantum posted:

When I was in college, my roommate had an aquarium tank with a starfish that he'd feed by hand every day, and it always knew when it was feeding time, probably through some sort of internal biological clock--it would climb up the front face of the tank, detach two of its legs from the glass, and lean back so he could put the pellet right in the middle of its stomach. But weirdly, it would only ever let him feed it this way. If I tried it would somehow know I wasn't him (I assume because I was brushing up against it in some way he didn't, or something) and wouldn't let me place the pellet, so instead I had to just kind of put the pellet near the starfish and it would eventually find it on its own. Not exactly the same as a fish bonding with a diver, but still kind of fascinating to observe.

Huh, I'd never expect to hear anything like this regarding a sea star. I couldn't even guess what it would use to differentiate between humans. They have "eyes" but can't really resolve clear images. They *are* basically covered in countless sensory organs, though. The tube feet are sensitive to chemical cues. How cool would it be if it could tell people apart based on something like that? A form of recognition alien to ourselves but obvious to a starfish.

Then again, some insects can tell individual humans apart and those are even more distantly related to us than starfish.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

We had a photographer come to the dog training place where I work so you know I needed Easter pics of my two.

They have their own Easter baskets. Scout knows how to hold it but was in A Mood and refused.

Gamble did an excellent job remembering stay.

Scout broke a mug, a plastic egg, a decorative carrot and my will to live.

Getting them to pose together without devolving into a wrestling match was just as challenging as you’d expect but we got the shot.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Huh, I'd never expect to hear anything like this regarding a sea star. I couldn't even guess what it would use to differentiate between humans. They have "eyes" but can't really resolve clear images. They *are* basically covered in countless sensory organs, though. The tube feet are sensitive to chemical cues. How cool would it be if it could tell people apart based on something like that? A form of recognition alien to ourselves but obvious to a starfish.

Then again, some insects can tell individual humans apart and those are even more distantly related to us than starfish.

I think we have that form of recognition, and we call it smelling and tasting.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Ariong posted:

I think we have that form of recognition, and we call it smelling and tasting.

yeah this is how I usually distinguish between other humans

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Gamble is growing up!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Jake status:

Still big.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

In 2004, my Mom gave me three convict cichlids. Within a year I had 20.

They really like to gently caress. Then they spend all night bulldozering the gravel to bury the egg clutch or something, almost making a loving island while uncovering the under-gravel filter pan (which is no bueno).

I made my Mom a Christmas card:

I let them breed the first year. Found out you had to screen the parents & fry off from everyone else, or they fry would uh disappear. Then you have to toss the parents over too, because they'll go after them, too.

They were highly entertaining to us & the cats, and they were aggressive enough to prevail against any fishing efforts. Eventually, the cats stopped trying.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nordick posted:

Jake status:

Still big.

IT'S BIG JAKE!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Which one is Jake?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
BIG JAKE BIG ONE

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
HEY GUYS THEY'RE GIVING SCRITCHES HERE:

https://i.imgur.com/RkVSs98.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/38q0Wj6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/b0Ie2Fb.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/1f5NSNn.mp4

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Let's see that turtle try catch me now!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kennel posted:

Which one is Jake?

one is jake

one is less than jake

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LifeSunDeath posted:

one is jake

one is less than jake

I appreciate and get this reference. :allears:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/9wFbBey.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Yqv7EuE.mp4