Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's super good news. Give him a good a life as possible. He seems so sweet. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

I'm headed for some surgery in a couple hours and as my childhood dog was a Bassett, this gif has cheered me up :). Long floppy ears and short stubby legs are the best

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Every day a thousand ducks are released into a South African vineyard to gorge themselves on delicious snails and bugs. They basically walk upright like penguins to fit between the vines :3

https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/quack-squad-on-the-hunt

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PerilPastry posted:

Every day a thousand ducks are released into a South African vineyard to gorge themselves on delicious snails and bugs. They basically walk upright like penguins to fit between the vines :3

https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/quack-squad-on-the-hunt

PSA: If you aren't thinking about clicking on this amazing link, perhaps this webm will change your mind

http://puu.sh/pmqZh/96b3af819b.webm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If that webm autoplays with sound on whatever device you are browsing on, I apologize, it did not do that for me and every piece of technology handles webms differently

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

PSA: If you aren't thinking about clicking on this amazing link, perhaps this webm will change your mind

http://puu.sh/pmqZh/96b3af819b.webm

THAT'S A LOT OF DUCKS!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

They sound like Beavis and Butthead laughing.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Linux Pirate posted:

LOOK AT ALL THOSE CHICKENS.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

quote:

However, the high costs of keeping the birds are a downside.

On a similar sized farm, growers could spend about 50,000 rand ($3,200) a season for pesticides, compared with 30,000 for just a month on ducks, which are kept in protective pens and are fed grain to augment their snail diet, said Jacobs.

Well poo poo dude, just pile them all into a truck and cart them around to other vineyards on different days. The ducks eat for free, and you can charge them a premium over their usual pesticide budgets because it's organic. Hell, you could probably focus on that and make double what the winery brings in a year.

Actually, gently caress you, I'm going to do this myself. Don't steal my idea.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

RandomFerret posted:

Well poo poo dude, just pile them all into a truck and cart them around to other vineyards on different days. The ducks eat for free, and you can charge them a premium over their usual pesticide budgets because it's organic. Hell, you could probably focus on that and make double what the winery brings in a year.

Please post pictures of your duck wagon train. I am assuming you are going for least effort/cost and pulling up to these vineyards in one of these jobs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUdJOfwokE

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

RandomFerret posted:

Duck Truck :3:

eta: if you don't decorate your truck like a giant fluffy yellow duck you're doing it wrong

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Linux Pirate posted:

THAT'S A LOT OF DUCKS!

:colbert: not enough.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

SynthOrange posted:

That's super good news. Give him a good a life as possible. He seems so sweet. :3:

Thank you! He actually had a mini-breakthrough today; I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and for the first time ever, he got all excited about it and said something like A-ROO-ROO-ROOOOOO, which is his very happy sound.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Cute Thread: A-ROO-ROO-ROOOOO, a very happy sound

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/jE8dAwc.webm

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Pookah posted:

Thank you! He actually had a mini-breakthrough today; I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and for the first time ever, he got all excited about it and said something like A-ROO-ROO-ROOOOOO, which is his very happy sound.

I would like to see a video of this please.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

One of my favorite things about dogs is how casually they'll get close to a thing on their own terms, but if that things gets close back, they're done.:3: Like, you just licked that capybara on its snout. Shying away from it now is kinds rude.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Huntersoninski posted:

I would like to see a video of this please.

Believe me, I've been trying, but he's so secretive about being excited :3:

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009

Pookah posted:

My parents have a shih-tzu; she makes that same noise when she's happy. Sometimes she does it with a toy in her mouth, so it sounds like "R-RRR-RRR-RRRRRR." It's the best sound. :)

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Seagull fell in a Tikka Masala tub at a food factory.

Look how fluffy (and grumpy) he is after being cleaned!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

For a moment I though it was a deffective guará

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Let's be friends! C'mon dude, let's be friends. WHOA TOO FRIENDLY NOW"

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

That's the look of a bird acutely aware of how delicious he is right now.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

ZoeDomingo posted:

My parents have a shih-tzu; she makes that same noise when she's happy. Sometimes she does it with a toy in her mouth, so it sounds like "R-RRR-RRR-RRRRRR." It's the best sound. :)

He does that too! All barky through a toy so that its all muffled and soft!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Schadenfreude threads over that way, dude.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Klaus88 posted:

Schadenfreude threads over that way, dude.

What schadenfreude? That kitty's having a great time!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Croisquessein posted:

What schadenfreude? That kitty's having a great time!

Play of the Game: Kitten

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I had a cat when I was a teenager who would do exactly that. Then would flop on his back between my keyboard and the monitor and snooze with his belly up :3: I wish I'd thought to take a picture of it while we had him. It was exactly as infuriatingly adorable and adorably infuriating as it looks.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://instagram.com/p/BGc8fNKDT9T/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

What's so cute about an empty couch?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

I didn't know the Spice Gulls were still around...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Away all Goats posted:

http://i.imgur.com/htz9it9.webm

Neighbour kid stealing hugs from dog

http://www.today.com/pets/world-s-cutest-trespasser-caught-camera-hugging-dog-neighbor-s-t97291

quote:

Mallet posted the video on Facebook, asking her neighbors, "Anyone know who this sweet little boy is? Every now and then when he rides his bike he will quickly come and love on my dog or play fetch real quick, but always leaves quick like he doesn't know if he should be here!

"I'd like to tell him he's welcome to stay and play, she loves the attention!" she wrote.

A mom from the neighborhood, Ginger Breaux, quickly recognized that the pint-sized trespasser was her son, Josh.

"Josh talks about your dog all the time!" she replied on Facebook to Mallet's post. "Every time we pass he looks to see if she was sitting where he could see her. Just didn't know he was doing things like this.

"Last night when I first saw it, I was torn as a momma being happy and upset because he knows he shouldn't be on someone's property, but I wake up this morning more happy that he just absolutely adores dogs so much."

Josh later stopped by a day later for a selfie with his favorite dog, this time caught on his own camera instead of a surveillance one.

The boy is now allowed to visit Dutchess for some hugs or a game of fetch any time.

quote:

The Breaux do not own a dog. Theirs recently died, and they have yet to replace her.

“We had our dog Bella since Josh was 2, but she passed away last year,” his mother explained in another post. “Things have been busy and Josh is active with after school activities so we have not jumped back into taking on the responsibility of starting all over again with a new pup quite yet. It will happen though!”

Mallet is thrilled her beloved black Labrador, Dutchess, has been able to fill that void for Josh.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I need to replace the central air filter; the dust in here is insane.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That boy is a thief! He's been stealing hugs! :3:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

You the man. This helped me chillax and I got my written offer today.

Thread delivers.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Rolo posted:

You the man. This helped me chillax and I got my written offer today.

Thread delivers.

woman, but yeah. congrats on the job offer!

my ex and i would trade pictures of cinderblock-headed and/or jowly dogs to cheer each other up so i am glad a small portion of my multiple-years deep collection helped

there was like, a whole mythology of an utterly perfect terrible fat lazy dog named Crumps we would one day adopt together

here is a bit more

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Duck Truck :3:

eta: if you don't decorate your truck like a giant fluffy yellow duck you're doing it wrong

I pictured something like this, only precariously overloaded with snail-hungry ducks

just wak-wak-wakking on up the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Holy :3:
http://i.imgur.com/bFYAOeY.gifv