Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got a new phone with a not-crap camera so here is my pig Blade!

Goshdamn she needs her nails trimmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Then don't quote it, you dingus.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cash crab posted:

:kimchi: Is this like when rabbits do that little happy dance?

This is what guinea pigs do when they are excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPsXnmOqFs

One of mine, when she was younger, would do it so hard and high that she would almost never land on her feet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

neongrey posted:

Explanation: cows are Good.

They have best friends :3:

Seriously, seeing how chill and nice cows and pigs are, I have a little trouble eating meat.
Except for chicken. gently caress chickens.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For me it was one of those yellow recycling tubs.
Those make for great snow brick molds as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://i.imgur.com/9hrFuhX.gifv

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I just saw the ASPCA dog fighting commercial and now I'm sad as poo poo. I need to see happy rescue pups.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I've posted all these pictures before but my rescue mutt is pretty darn happy. He was returned to the rescue twice before I got him but I've had him 6 years now and can't imagine my life without him. Part of me is sad that someone dumped him and then he kept getting returned but if he didn't go through that he wouldn't have ended up here so I guess it's ok. I'm pretty sure he's glad that he ended up on 16 acres where he can murder vermin all day and then force me to go to bed at 9 so he can snuggle too.

That's an excellent pupperino, thanks :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:cry: he has human eyes!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alter Ego posted:

It really doesn't bother him when you give him hard pets? I've never met a cat that would tolerate having its head petted like that.

I had one that would get mad if you weren't basically peeling her skin off with pets. She was a good catte.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You know who else likes hard pets?
:wink: :wink:

Most dogs I've ever had as pets. I miss having a dog.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey friends. I've been sick all week but I'm not able to take days off due to low staffing.
Can I get some rodents being adorable? Maybe being friends with comically larger animals?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the rats, friends. That helped a lot.

For those of you considering them as pets: Expect two years or less and you are going to lose them to tumors.
They are extremely social, loving and quite intelligent. A properly reared rat is as loyal as a dog.

A+ pets if you can handle the heartbreak.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pustulio posted:

I have a story that starts out pretty depressing but ends with happy news.

I used to work at the Moda Center in Portland, OR. Like any big stadium it does a bunch of events and it hosted the Circus last September or whatever when Ringling Bro's Barnum and Bailey rolled into town.

When I arrived for work that day I found the employee entrance had been blocked off and I would have to go around, the reason? They had decided to keep the elephants in the section of the underground parking garage right next to the door we usually use. Cool I though, I'll look at the elephants and then go the long way in to work, that was easy enough, they were in a fenced off 40x40 or so pen set up right there on the concrete and within easy view.

It was one of the more depressing things I have seen in my life, now I was under no illusions as to whether or not the elephants were having fun in the circus, I think live animal acts should be illegal, but it's one thing to know it and another to see it, they looked so drat sad standing there in the dark on their light dusting of hay surrounded by concrete and cars, one was rocking back and forth slowly, which I think was the only thing it could do to feel anything, they had no toys, or anything interesting to look at, and nowhere to go. I don't think there is an environment more different than the one they were designed for than an underground parking garage.

It bothered me for a while then I forgot about it until the other day when I looked around and found that Ringling Bro's had managed to retire them earlier than planned, and all the elephants now live on a sanctuary in Florida where they are subjected to no other discomfort than the occasional blood draw so that people can try to figure out why elephants don't get cancer that much. The place is not open to the public and they get to be outside and eat nice food with all their friends.

The last eleven arrived in may and they got a nice brunch to start their stay.

It pleases me when the right thing ends up getting done, even if it takes a long time.

Yay! Elephants are such wonderful creatures. I agree with you that animal shows should be illegal. I don't know anyone who delights at the though of an abused bear riding a tricycle.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Second Sun posted:

Plus 99% of doggos are super psyched to be part of anything. Like sheep dogs or sled dogs, you can just tell they freaking love it. Can't say the same for bears or elephants.

For a while I trained hounds (beagles mostly) to do tracking field trials. I swear those dogs are not happy unless they are tracking a rabbit (that is long gone but they don't know that).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Excellent album. Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Small birb status: SMALL

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You know when a cat walks into a room, flips out and runs away?

They know

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

nulldev1ce posted:

When we lived in Florida, my brother had a friend who ran a rehab/foster facility for exotics -- he worked with the local zoo and several rescue centers. Here, enjoy some (mostly mid-90s) pics of lemurs, baby white tiger, bush babies, a caracal, tortoises...

http://imgur.com/a/rw3e1

My heart exploded.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sometimes guinea pigs get real fussy when you try to clip their nails.

So you have to give em the ol' burrito wrap-up

Blade is normally okay with the process but this morning she was too excited for breakfast.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Minarch posted:

While capybaras evolved to be pretty chill about everything, guinea pigs evolved to look completely indignant about every minor offense. Five minutes late delivering dinner? Initiate shrill squealing!

Haha. I got lucky. Both of our girls are pretty drat quiet unless you have treats.
It's true that they have impeccable internal clocks and know just when they should be fed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's a real good beef cat.

I took a road trip with this little guy recently.

He's three hundred years old and cannot walk without some pretty serious painkillers.
However, he's one of the sweetest creatures in the world and I don't really like cats.

No matter what, he must have one or both of his paws up like that or buried in a couch cushion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have never seen an old cat that looked quite so geriatric before :corsair:.

Hahaha yeah.
Even when he was young he had this look like he just took a drag off a cigarette and said, "I just don't fuckin' know, man."

He doesn't meow anymore. He just makes these low howls in short bursts. Still very vocal and sweet. He gets a whole roast chicken every week.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pretty sure I've said this before but skunks are pretty drat good pets and it's a bummer that more people don't like them.

Yeah, they can spray you with stinky oil but if it does that, you're horrible and don't deserve such a cool pet.
Seriously, they don't spray unless they fear for their lives and you can get them de-glaned if need be.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tendai posted:

Are they like ferrets where they still have a pretty strong smell naturally?

Because drat that's a cute skunk :3: I never knew I wanted to fuss a skunk's belly till now.

Nope. They love being clean and don't require as much upkeep as most exotic pets.
They do have very sharp claws but those can be trimmed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That ancient cat I posted earlier?
I just found out he was killed by coyotes.

Please send anything. My dad and stepmom are inconsolable and I hate that I can't go visit them right now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It does! Otters are our water friends!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Butterscotch is a very cute butterball but what a cute kitten! Thank you for sharing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I've always disliked small yappy dogs

We adopted a chihuahua mix from a rescue and she never yaps and is a huge sweetie

We took her canoeing today. She's pooped.

Same here. I hate those purse dogs (even though most of their behavior is learned from their lovely owners.)
My grandma has a chihuahua/yorkie mix this is tiny, adorable and silent for the most part. When she runs -and she runs a lot- her tiny legs are such a blur that she looks like the Tattooine landspeeder pre-special edition.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would like to subscribe to Frog Facts.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EVERY DOG IS A MIRACLE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Me flirting at the bar for jaypeg

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RareAcumen posted:

People said the same thing about that cat I posted in here before.

That looks like that one coworker that is always enthusiastic but is terrible at their job.

Is that dog named Jerry/Gary/Terry/Larry?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Boogalo posted:

I think this pic of my friend's idiot Luna says it all.

Sometimes she looks normal

Oh gosh I love grumpy cats.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

a life less posted:

"Check out this kitten that just came in to Pets Lifeline with 24 toes. He should be up for adoption in about a month. "No additional charge for extra toes," says the center."

More beans for the bean god!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's a real good birthday boy!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Eodoin posted:

Don't worry they mention in the article that he's just photogenic and they only feed him bits that are okay for him. Also check out the article there are more pics of him!

In case you were to lazy to scroll up

I normally don't like small dogs but that little terrier (?) is making my cold heart melt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bert Roberge posted:

This cat in a lion outfit is named Bear.

There's a DnD podcast that I like that has a character who was raised by bears, named him Dog, has a pet dog named Bear and a bear named Dog.
It's confusing and often very funny.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zombear posted:

You guys have tiny versions of my cat, Ham. :neckbeard:

Ham is an excellent name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looking after my brother's pets this week and this little guy is real cute.

What is less cute are the calcium-covered cricket antennae that stuck out of his mouth because he refused to eat it with me looking.