Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Transmogrifier posted:

I didn't search very far back to see if this was posted:

https://twitter.com/podoron/status/918451064050827264

Sounds like the baby Metroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Doors and corners. That's where they'll get you.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

OK. I'll get it out of the way.

New Godzilla vs. Gamera movie looks pretty good.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Who run Bartertown?

Masterblaster...... Blaster.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

The story behind this is pretty inspirational. A couple of teens drove around kangaroo Island rescuing as many koalas as they could and taking them to their neighbor who had a wildlife rehab permit.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

The new Boston Dynamics dog is looking really good.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

-Zydeco- posted:

Who run barter town?!

Alibaster-crabster.

I got nothing.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I don't know if this qualifies as cute or not, but it involves one of my favorite animals

Every night right around 9PM the opossum begins its patrol of the neighborhood. It likes to walk on top of the wood fence in our back yard. If we are out on the patio furniture, it will stop when it gets near us and just sit in the fence rail for a while. I like to think it enjoys hanging out with us, but it is probably just waiting to see if we are going to cause it harm. The top fence rail is about 5' off the ground, which is good because our rear end in a top hat dog will bark like a maniac if she sees the opossum. But the opossum was strangely active last night, and returned to the yard several times, once walking on the lower fence rail the is only a foot off the ground. So I went inside and made sure all the doors were closed in order to keep the dog in.

A few minutes later I heard an awful squeeking noise and rustling in the bushes. I went out with a flashlight just in time to the opossum run up the fence post with a dead rat in its mouth. So not only does it clean up the yard, it also helps take care of our rat problem.

Rat killer in question. Look at that face!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

cantwellmuckenfuss posted:

He's Abe Vigoda.

Thank you. I was trying all day to figure out who he looked like.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Helith posted:

I have an Australian possum living on my balcony. She had a baby, it was really cute and now the grown up baby lives on our balcony too.
We pretty much ignore them though and just let them live their possum lives in peace. We see them occasionally as night falls leaving the nest and going off to do their thing.

We have an opossum that walks our backyard fence several times each night, and if we are outside it will stop and sort of sit there and hang with us. On occasion it will jump down and scavenge for fallen fruit and veg. Usually it moves very slow and just goes about its business.

But one time it jumped off the fence and ran much faster that I ever would have though possible. It was only a few feet away when we all heard a horrible screaming. That was not the opossum, but rather a huge rat that had gone unnoticed by us humans. Opossum quickly ran of with the rat in its jaws, leaving us all with a WTF look on our faces. Turns out, some opossums hunt rats. Who knew?

I have a pic of the killer in question, but for some reason I can't post it. Too bad, he's very cute.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

I watched this way to many times, trying to make sure that all the penguins made it back to their original group. I like how one penguin from the group moving to the right went back for the straggler.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

ringu0 posted:

What is the word the narrator is constantly saying in all these videos? Sounds like "quish".

I'm pretty sure it is "Cush"', and I only say that because it is being said by the farmers on the new version of All Creatures Great and Small showing on PBS.

Yes, I'm that old.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

America's new mixed curling team is looking pretty sharp

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I wonder how many furries people have boned in front of wolves?

As a 15 year veteran of SA, I am pretty jaded. But this comment did catch me off guard.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Eureka!

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

PiCroft posted:

Cows have one of the most boopable snoots and I adore the cows on this account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XSJDkJ5S0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-bHreV0jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74ZLrHIXe0

This account was pretty instrumental in making me move from meat eating towards pescatarianism, I struggle to eat any sort of beef having seen these sorts of videos

My wife told me about a cow her family owned during her childhood. It was to be raised for slaughter, but over the years that they had it, the cow had become more of a pet. It would come when called, pet its head in your lap, etc. The relatives that did not live on the farm insisted on getting the money out of the investment, so her father agreed on the kill. To this day, over 40 years she can barely talk about poor old T-bone.

Along similar lines, I was once way out in the countryside fixing a flat tire on my bike. I was near a fence line, and over the course of the repair, cows started wandering over to check out what was going on. They were very curious and attentive. I sensed that if they could talk, they would have been offering me some advice on the repair. I have been pescatarian even since. No octopus either, ever since I read the octopus and the spatula story somewhere else on SA.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Bored posted:

This made me realize that I am sad that I don’t have real life friends who will laugh at a dog drawing fancy dicks in the snow... wait! I thought of one!

I am sad that I knew what the dog was going to draw before it even completed the first ball. Curse you SA for doing this to me.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

’What are you doing here?': ducklings joined by baby bandicoot in Mandurah

“Rex said he regularly sees bandicoots on his property as they came in to eat his chicken's feed each night but a bandicoot nesting with a duck was a first.

‘I wasn't that surprised, I've seen a lot of strange things in nature over my time,’ he said.

‘I've seen a kangaroo fornicate with an emu; I've seen an eagle fly down and pick up a snake then drop it and then fly back down to get it.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.’”

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

New Sardaukar chant leader sounding pretty good.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

IMJack posted:

Look again, yes the duck has little running shoes. That's awesome.

And it has a pretty good finishing kick.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

How do I get a job as a Kitten Judge? And will I get fired for giving every single one a blue ribbon for Best Kitten?

I like the little 1" toss into the air at the end of the vid.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

mystes posted:

I mean that's like half of pet owners even with normal pets

Exactly. I almost killed my dog 3 ways on accident yesterday and feel sick every time I think about it.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Evie putting in a hard morning at the office.

Too tired to make it to the dog bed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Well, that was fun while it lasted. <-removes glasses

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.mincingmockingbird.com/products/the-mincing-mockingbird-guide-to-troubled-birds

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

He took the bait. Now you better hand over $5 (worth of salmon) or that cat will curse him out like the drunk MJ impersonator that inhabits every major city.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's real good marketing, if i was going Paris any time soon i'd be tempted to book that hotel

lol she's actually in one of the photos on the hotels website

We are visiting Paris this summer. And we will be staying at an AIRBnB pretty close to that hotel. Here is my modified list of activities.

5) Louvre
4) Versailles
3) Eiffel Tower
2) Rue Mouftard
1) Find cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

The new The Frighteners sequel is looking pretty good.