Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What a great cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There used to be an aquarium store near my house where the owner had a pair of colossal Dalmations. They'd just walk over and lean on you for affection. If you were unlucky it was while you were near a wall, and you'd be trapped there petting them.

There's a great Dane named Odin that lives near us, he leans affectionately too. He's heavier than my wife and he's quite fond of her so she needs backup to pet him

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My dad's old Labrador died on christmas day. She was a bit frail and it was 36 degrees and the heat was too much for her heart in the end, she hung on at the vet for a few hours with IV fluids and then just went to sleep and then stopped breathing. Being Christmas day the whole family was there to be with dad and my brothers and I were able to drive out to dad's property in the country and bury her under her favorite shade tree. We then drank to her memory at a late christmas dinner.

Chillest dog ever, did everything at her own pace, I think I heard her bark a handful of times in 15 years. She loved eating, watching people eat, and whining for food, was pretty ambivalent about going for walks, she followed dad everywhere.

Rest in peace, Molly

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the condolences, thread. Molly will be remembered on Christmas day from now on.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I vaguely remember that show from my childhood but god drat if I can recall a single detail what it was about.

They had more fur than any turtle ever had.

Also they were stronger than old cheese.

Good show

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That cat has seen some poo poo, and also grown an awesome mane

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George the Wombat's first birthday video

http://www.theage.com.au/video/video-news/video-nsw-news/george-the-wombats-birthday-videos-20170712-4w16f.html

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In the wild many ducks nest in trees and when it's time for the ducklings to enter the water they just jump out of the tree and bounce on the ground. Granted its probably softer than concrete but the ducklings would have no problem with falling from that height

https://youtu.be/bDJw43BJtCE

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
loving awesome dogs

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pookah posted:

A Water Spaniel
A Pooldle
A Seahuahua
An English splashstiff
A Floodhound
A Wetter English Setter

Weimariner

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's like a tiger taking down a deer or something, paralyzing bite to the back of the neck and everything

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sininu posted:

What is this creature?

echidna

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Are you ready for some BLOOD?

I dunno if this is cute but it's page 666 so here's my digital sculpt of a Tasmanian Devil

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

I'd maybe keep my everything away from their claws but wild wombats are definitely chill enough to let you pat them.

I saw some on a trail near cradle mountain asleep right by the trail, they barely bother waking up when you walk past
Certainly shouldn't pat them but I doubt they would care if you did

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ILL Machina posted:

Does anyone have a link to this vid I lost with my phone upgrade? It was my favorite. Was in this thread, a twitter post, I think. A sorta floofy grey cat hissing and then audibly mleming and happily licking on a finger, the videoer says "I love you" when the cat's done and looks away, and the cat hisses again.

https://twitter.com/disharryland/status/1184564314591694850

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

Are they sitting on the baby Jesus?
I was hoping to see the baby kicked out of a cradle after enlarging the pictures, but it is a hay bail.

Jesus isn't placed in the Nativity scene till Christmas day or Christmas Eve or something

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

American opossums are cuter than Australia opossums. There, I said it.

Brushtails probably, ringtails maybe not
Definitely not pygmy possums though

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried to make a cute 3d sculpture on the computer

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Coincidentally, I just finished a digital sculpt of some Asian Small-clawed otters today
I've been trying to make cute things to ward off lockdown depression

I know it's self promotion but I think it's cute (the otters, not the self promotion)

EoinCannon has a new favorite as of 07:29 on Oct 26, 2020

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SerthVarnee posted:

I wonder if the wedding going on in the background found his music wonderful or "memorable"

You blaming the blind guy for not knowing there's a wedding back there?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We used to live near a old bloke with a 75kg great Dane called Odin. He was super chill and he would lean against people he liked. My wife had to brace herself against the lean of love to stay upright.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MockingQuantum posted:

Hi cute thread, thank you all for posting cute things this year, I have quietly appreciated this thread more than usual in 2023.

In repayment, here are some pictures of dog babies. My dog Waffles had a litter of puppies earlier this year and they were so stinkin cute.

Goddamn, those are some cute pups

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

I wonder if the big cats think the house cats are just kittens.

This is dogs not cats but they've studied why dogs can recognise other dogs by sight given the massive variability in the species

https://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/dog-spies/do-dogs-know-other-dogs-are-dogs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Adorable gang of dog misfits