Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
A local cat rescue posted on Facebook that they had two 15-year-old male cats surrendered from a neglectful home, one boy orange and the other white. I commented that I wanted them (senior cats chillest cats), so they got them both to the vet for checkups. Turns out, the orange one was in such bad shape he had to be put down after a couple days living with a shelter employee, given the best couple days he probably ever had. I picked up the old white man, who the shelter called Grandpa so I named Pawpaw.

When I got him, he was stiff and sore and barely leaving his box. After a week of loving and pettes and good food, he's now chirping, jumping up on couches to cuddle, and soaking up sunbeams in windowsills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I'm honored that y'all enjoyed my tale of Old Man Pawpaw. I drove to Dallas and back yesterday to grab a friend from the airport, so this morning he made up for lost time by trapping me on the couch as his heating pad.

(don't knock the sweet robe)

And the last thing I'll see before my vision goes black:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Tendai posted:

Birds are close to dinosaurs which are close to lizards so it works!

This is Judah. He is eleven years old today :toot: This little fucker has been with me through multiple poor life choices, moves, and at least one mental breakdown. Chances are good that he'll be here for another decade at least, and if he is and SA is, I will post a picture of drinking-age Judah then. The best :toxx:.

Happy birthday you noisy-rear end middle-aged man, and yes you are a pretty fuckin' bird. :kimchi:

You have a wonderful birb. Please scratch under his crest for us, and add an extra millet stalk to his cake.

I just started reading the Cosplay Photos thread and needed to put these here:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
This isn't the greatest picture, but this is my other rescue cat besides Pawpaw.

She's extremely aloof during the day, doing her own thing and only popping out to yell if her dish is empty.

However, as soon as I start getting ready for bed, she transforms into The CuddleFloof. She will follow me, meowing, then race into my bedroom and leap atop the comforter. Once I lie down, she molds to either my stomach, arm, or face, purrs and biscuits, and within seconds is out like a light, snoring like a human. She has to be part Maine Coon, and her belleh is never a trap.

I'm ridiculously allergic to her but have started sleeping in earloop masks because those cuddles are worth it.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

WHO IS A GOOD BOY?!?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Scathach posted:

My husband was super allergic to our first cat, it took about seven months until his body decided the cat wasn't an issue. The second one made him sneeze but not for long, and by the time we got the other two he was fine :) Hopefully it'll happen to you!

Thank you for the words of hope :3:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Sociopastry posted:

So it turns out I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Please post your favorite cute picture.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
That extremely fluffy cat I posted earlier, the one who needs to be on or in my face with her floof in order to sleep, is currently breathing her last after a day of sunshine and much petting. She insisted on laying with me until I told her I'd see her later in Kitty Valhalla, and that's when she chose to go.

If I could please get some pictures of floof and non-floof cats, I'd really appreciate it. This room is awfully dusty and this thread helps.

Kitty dump; pardon the reposts:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

SynthOrange posted:

Sorry to hear that. She looked like a sweet cat. What was her name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MncBLKKCeag

Thank you for that. My roommate named her and, since she was constantly sleeping flopped in the weirdest positions, he called her Dead Kitty, or Le Chat Mort. The irony will flame eternal.

I usually called her Fluffybutt, Tinybeast, Old FloofLady, or Stripes McGee.

e: That video is serious gingerfloof. And thank you too, Tasteful Dickpic.

Busket Posket has a new favorite as of 10:48 on Apr 11, 2016

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Thank y'all for your kindness and sharing of cutes. This thread helps a lot of people.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Hnnnnnnngh my cuteness glands

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
The other day, I posted here about the passing of my cat, Dead Kitty.

We took her body to the local Cat Doctor today, because they do little cremations. The vet there took the box we brought her in, walked to the back, but soon came racing back out as I settled the fee.

The vet does brief checks on each kittycorpse before processing. This cat had been in there since Saturday, hadn't moved or made a peep, but she detected a faint heartbeat.

By some grace of something, a liter of fluid later, some steroids and antibiotics, and a nebulizer treatment, she's now asleep in the doorway to my bedroom.

Her name is now Lazarus.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
OMG Butterscotch is so great.

And the vet said to let Lazarus rest tonight so the insane amount of hugs and pets and tuna smoothies will have to wait, but I wanted to share the :woop: with you people who helped me earlier.

:woop:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Some sort of monstrous sinus/respiratory infection that left her unable to smell or eat, and produced massive amounts of mucus that clogged her throat. The vet said she pulled massive strings of snot out Lazarus' nose and mouth, and it likely gummed up her digestive tract which is why she wasn't voiding. As Dr. Coker said, "millions of years of evolution and they can die from a chest cold."

I was 100% sure I heard the death rattle, but she had been somehow breathing so shallowly her chest didn't perceptively move. Or she stopped breathing for a few hours and started again? There doesn't seem to be any cognitive damage, though she's still in rough physical shape. Her eyes are clear now though, and she's trying to meow but creaking and wheezing instead.

Tomorrow I have to blend up some wet food with warm water and syringe it into her mouth to get her strength back up. I'm just so glad to have my cuddlefloofmonster back :3:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

mick ohio posted:

My fluffbutt, Otis:

Otis looks like an excellent fluffbutt who cares about the cleanliness of your face.

Lazarus update: The prognosis was 2-3 days of syringe-feeding her warmed slurry to get her strength back enough to eat on her own. I got up at 6:00, and she started the mega-meows she does to say I'M HUNGRY. Mind you, she showed no interest in food for two days prior to her 'demise,' so it's been almost a week since I've heard that meow.

I put some wet foods with gravy on a plate to see what she'd do.

Here she is, demolishing said foods. :black101:

Two hours later, she's kept the food down and got a solid hour of cuddles and pets while purring like a muscle car.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

MikeJF posted:

You might wanna mush up her food some more for a few days, just to make it easier to digest, even though she's keeping it down.

Also goddamn that story is amazing.

Yeah, I was in a state of sleepy/amped and figured I'd food-process it if she didn't feel up to the little chunks. It's probably best to blend up the tuna-vitamin smoothies for the next couple days now that she's on the mend.

She even licked her butt for the first time in a week, which is not a thing I thought I'd ever be excited about.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
And now I'm unreasonably happy because her story has cheered people up. An ouroboros of happiness for all!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

:shittypop:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

lord funk posted:

now with auto align and gif tech

Beautiful.

Lazarus will be so apathetic when I tell her about the title change :neckbeard:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I just figured "is cat; output will be apathy or disdain."

Pictured: excited Busket, apathetic Lazarus trying to mash fur up nose

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

You.

You are wonderful.

To take time out of your day to nurse a tiny Squiggle is awesome.

Chili, because of your av, in my mind Butterscotch is owned by Cpl. Ray Persons.

Now taking requests for Lazarus-pics during my day off tomorrow.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

My god, the stories that kid must have told at school the next day :3:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I've been trying to do housework today, and Lazarus has been glued to my side, either rubbing on my legs or loafing in the nearest doorway (she never used to do this doorway thing). Any time I get close to her with the camera, she just wants to rub her face on it or enter hyperspace.

"You need help mopping?"

"No?"

[releases the rankest fart] "Hnnnngh."

"You've gone three seconds without petting me! Unacceptable."

[BLUR MODE ENGAGED]

Resting with Papaw, who is much better at modeling.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Good news, friend! There's a dogge thread for all your non-catte needs!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Such marvelous Goon Doggen!

It was an earth-shattering day when I learned to image search for "blep" to find animals sticking their tongue slightly out :3:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
site:imgur.com "mlem"

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Slothpost.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Lazarus is still chilling only in doorways. She's so Jungian.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

cash crab posted:

ahhhhhhhhhh

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Did someone need animal friendships?!?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
It was a good day to capture the doorway fetish and Lazarus' new penchant for meowing loudly during every waking moment.

Purr-anormal Activity, ft. Lazarus

https://youtu.be/k1k_JqHNgIY

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

That kitten always has the greatest facial expressions.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Oh my goooooooooood :3:

Chili posted:

Well I'm posting more extensively in the foster thread, but Tic Tac is just too drat cute to not be posted here:

It's one of six, still not totally sure of the sex, but lookitdatface

Aaaaaaaaaah the cuteness levels are off the charts! Core breach! Imminent cutepocalypse!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Chili posted:

One last buttercross post, only because the goons from the previous thread were demanding butterscotch on a treadmill...

Fair warning, this isn't Butterscotch on a treadmill. We actually have acquired one for own purposes but he won't go anywhere near it. For now, this will have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q

:swoon:

He's so agile! You two are the best people Butters could have hoped for. He's clearly healthier and happier with each update!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

JackMann posted:

Someone in chat wanted me to take a picture of my two idiots, so here they are:

Rocky's the big one in front. His sister Jessie is in the bed.

I approve of all three of these cats.

Here's Laz the Flooflord, being a flooflord:

EXTREME CLOSEUP:

And sleeping on my foot :3:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
May I present, the Indian Giant Squirrel:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
xposting cutes

Busket Posket posted:

Lazarus got her first syringe-feeding of liquid Benadryl to keep her allergies from leading to another infection. The vet said a common side effect is dry mouth and foaming, and I had to try not to laugh while she wandered around mega-blepping and plotting my demise.

Imagine a tiny old man in a cat suit, trying loudly to moisten his mouth.

Busket Posket posted:

You motherfucker what did you do to...me...I'm. Gonna. Kick. Your.

...azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Current status: I can't use my hand

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Instant Jellyfish posted:

When I saw my dog's petfinder page the rescue had a video of him posted where he was waggling his dumb little nub and I knew I had to have him.

Love this woggle doggle and his silly butt flag :3:

The front end is pretty ridiculous too.

I would pet all these dogs. They look like Good Dogs™.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
New baby sloths at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay!

https://youtu.be/Sa9I9EFBHiI

(Sloths are my only weakness.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Strenots posted:

Yes, yes she is.

What happen to Annie feets? :ohdear:

Knorth posted:

Here is a new foster kitten, relaxing in a basket :3:

Ahhh~

Oh no!! :kimchi:

Also, some kittens playing in their kitten fort, formerly known as the 2nd bathroom

(sorry for the crappy quality, my phone is bad and these kittens don't stay still)

Is that... A shower stall made into a jungle adventure kitten terrarium?!? :neckbeard: