Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

Dad's wife doesn't like animals but he got grandfathered in. Jake never much liked her either so he decided to live to the age of 20.
:laugh:
Spite is a powerful, powerful force. Good boy, Jake. Good boy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ham clown car

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What's this? There's white things in the air. What's this? I can't believe my eyes, I must be dreaming, wake up, cat, this isn't fair! What's this?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A pup most excellent :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"You, with the hands! Do the thing!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Man I'm pretty. Ho, ha, hoo!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'll try to get pictures of them later but we have similar moments with Rayne and Cassandra. He is just so much bigger and longer and just larger than her, she's barely above adolescent kitten size, you wouldn't imagine that they're brother and sister.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ours do it too! We have one of those Amazon Fire stick tv things for streaming, we'll pull up YouTube on it and set it to a video of birds and/or squirrels. Athos and Porthos will watch that poo poo for hours.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah, sled dogs really only have two speeds: full stop, and :byodood:WOOOOO!:byodood:

E: gorgeous cats is what they are

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Claaaw

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The gods have spoken; they say your shirt is delicious

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For cats in trees, I don't have a picture of it, obviously but when I was about 10-12 years old, we were still getting real actual trees for our Christmas tree, we didn't get a reusable plastic one until about halfway through my teens. This is important because the real trees have sturdier branches, which our cats at the time loved to climb, particularly MK (Miss Kitty; my sister named her) who we're pretty sure was a Maine Coone/Tortie mix.

I get up at 3 in the morning for a glass of water, shuffle down the hallway, and shuffle past the tree in the living room. And stop. Shuffle back, turn, stare at the tree.
MK has, somehow without toppling the entire thing, wiggled her way up the tree to head height and popped her head through the branches like a fuzzy ornament. We stare at each other for a second.
"... Get out of the tree."
-Rustlerustle, THUMP- -Sound of cat running away-

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

There can be only one!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mcbexx posted:

I bet you never knew you needed Capybara agility training in your life until riiiiiiiiiight now:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnlightenedUntidyBaiji-mobile.mp4

Link is broken :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I feel like that needs to have more water in it. It's not really doing the whole "buoyancy" thing if all you do is get kittys feet wet

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Two bellies. Rubbing one means life, the other means death. How can any human deal with such a choice?

(Abby, 12-year-old Labrador on the left; Roro, "who knows?"-years-old moggy I adopted earlier this year on the right).
This is why god gave you two hands; pet both. The one will cancel out the other.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Baby heffalump is so loving stoked :kimchi:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Well he also owns poki so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393jPL8fkxc

Poki isn't in most of the cooking videos for... obvious reasons.

I love Poki :kimchi:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Antioch posted:

That video put me more on edge than anything in the OSHA thread ever has.
If it's the one I think it is, the puma has mental development issues and wouldn't be able to survive in the wild. It's perfectly happy being around people, and hasn't been aggressive that I know of. That vid of it being bathed is ages old, there's others of it in pajamas lounging around the caretakers home. I'd post them, but I'm on my phone at work

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's a big-rear end rat :stwoon:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My Porthos does it, too. She'll jump onto my desk front of the monitor to drop her latest cat toy kill and demand acknowledgement of her hunting skills and affection.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Both are silent when hunting (or at least the competent ones are) and both are goofy-looking motherfuckers when wet. The evidence supports the theory :hmmyes:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'll take a hundred

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We do not deserve dogs. :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Remove this immediately and I'll leave you a few fingers."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The universal "A'ight you little poo poo you're going in time-out" grab

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A brief history of the human race: "What the hell is that?!
... Let's eat it."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

I think if you give them a long enough time to process and express themselves some reptiles seem pretty communicative huh

My girlfriend has a ball python who is every bit as attached to her as a dog would be. I call him The Love Sausage because he is -all about- her (and the fat little tail ball pythons have is hilarious and adorable). He's escaped his enclosure once and immediately made his way to her bed, where she was, to demand cuddle time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Could be a mara. Ears are the wrong shape to be a capybara.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When in Rome...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yoshi Wins posted:

how are bunnies alive, even
Same as quail: the shotgun approach to reproduction. Have a whole lot of babies, and surely some of those will live long though to have a whole lot of babies themselves, repeat ad infinitum.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mystes posted:

It looks like pancake batter

I wasn't gonna say it, but I was thinking it

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Big deal, so does my cat. (jk it *is* a cute lizard)

E: the beans

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Oct 18, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My thought process: "What the hell is...? Oh. Oh! I didn't know they could be that ruffled."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Thing I don't like about this video is how they're clearly antagonizing the cat to get it to bark.

Nah, the kitten is playing. If it was being antagonized, the whiskers would be back and out of the way for biting; they're forward the whole time. It's playing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Beep is an excellent name.

drrockso20 posted:

Cute Thread: Boop Beep's Snoot

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Picking flowers bright
Woos ladies left and right
But you're not a man
You're a pigeon, coo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"Ah'll ask 'im but ah don't think e'll be very keen. E's already got a grail, y'see."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You can see the determination in that cats eyes; amazing.