Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

Baby turtle with strawberry:

I've been wondering about baby turtles. Does the shell grow along with them? Or do they shed it once in a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

That kind of pic gets funnier after you find out that Khajit in Elder Scrolls can also look like regular cats, and not just the anthro kind you see in the games(they can also end up as big cats as well)

I'm aware it's not a problem because of the packaging, but don't they get in trouble with the health inspection for this?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ms Boods posted:

When I was a kid, my sister who in general has no redeeming features, rescued a dog that was in a similar condition (and disposion despite the neglect). People who rented a trailer from the folks opposite our house had got a poodle for their 3 year old, to teach the child responsibility. She was given exclusive care over this dog. It was as grown out, matty, and emaciated as you might imagine -- sometimes it would break free of its rope and end up in our yard, sleeping in my dog's bed or playing in our yard with my dog's toys. It was really, really affectionate. One of the times when it escaped, my sister was over, and was shocked at the condition of the dog (and that my dad would not do anything about it -- he was one of those 'well, dogs take their chances person', or, as they are more formally known, a dickhead).

Anyway, she went over to their house and offered to take the dog for free since they weren't interested in it. Oh no! Said the dad. That's our little girl's dog. It's her responsibility.

My sister gave up after a while, but the next time she was over, she went back to their house and offered them $100 for the dog (this was around 1975 or so. She wasn't going to gently caress around and figured daddy would sell the kid for $100).

She got the dog all cleaned up, and turned out it was a he -- dog lived like a spoiled king the rest of his life, really good natured and funny as hell (he learned to ride my nephew's boogie board down the beach).

One of my best cats was one I took in from a neglectful neighbour. Mr Nuts practically lived at my house anyway, and when they moved away and left him behind, well yeah. They came back a week later to finish cleaning up the house and the wife demanded him back. The husband had the grace to look embarrassed when I quarreled with her, then Mr Nuts came wandering up the street. The husband said, 'Well, you each call him, and whoever he goes to, he belongs to.' She started calling and cajoling him. I said, 'Nuts, get your arse over here.'

I like stories of people who rescue pets (even though I still think my sister is a tosser of the highest order).

I'm sensing that you have unresolved issues with your family.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Where does this person live, I'm lucky if I see a sparrow in my backyard

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This is my Niece's catte, Belle:

More fluffin for the lovin.

Belle is a very dignified creature.

That is a great cat but I feel like your niece might be overfeeding her a little.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She's just big boned is all

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That actually is cute in the sense that is disinterested on their owner. I mean, I'm assuming that it has no effect on milk production or meat tenderness.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Agent355 posted:

You assume incorrectly. Happy cows make more milk, the dairy industry has been moving towards keeping the cows as happy as possible for production reasons. Which, IMO, is every bit as cute and good all the same.

A win-win works for me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What language is that? I'm going to guess somewhere in Southeast Asia.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Venezuelan tries to travel to Finland to compete in a cross-country skiing tournament, gets deported from France on his first attempt, when he finally does get there it goes something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVcsaDha2m4

That big smile at the end makes it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I thought cats hated water.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Last summer, my stepmom went to go let him out in the morning. Of their three cats, Sam is the only one who's allowed outside unsupervised, because outdoor cats in the woods lead short lives, but it's hard to turn a previously feral cat into a 100% indoor cat. Too late she realised there was a bear sniffing around in their carport, and tried to close the door, but Sam bolted. He leapt, snarling, onto the bear's back, and sank all his claws and teeth into it. The bear panicked and tried to run, Sam rode it down the driveway, it crashed through some juniper bushes and tried to leap the fence, failed in this but managed to break the fence and shake Sam loose, it got up and clambered over and took off through the neighbour's property at a run, probably off to poo poo itself in the woods.

Sam came back to the house extremely pleased with himself. We're talking black bear, not grizzly, but still. He got extra treats that day.

He is a good catte.

Cats are scared of everything except bears for some reason.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

People say cats are stupid, but I think they've got human constructions figured out pretty well compared to other animals. You rarely see them running into glass doors, either.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think it's true that they're the friendliest cats. They should do research on that. My parents' orange cat you can manhandle all you like, he will never lift a paw to defend himself.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Plato's Cave illustrated

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want to get into gunplay to impress people

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What is being offered here that this dog is having none of it?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That dog is like what the gently caress

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

dupersaurus posted:

A friend of mine tells a story of an uncle who rescued a cub and kept him as he grew up. The boys of the family would wrestle with the bear as a cub, and he learned that wrestling with men was fun. Fast forward to a grown brown bear, women could enter his pen safely, but men would risk playful flesh wounds in the name of fun.

I'm surprised a bear can tell human men and women apart.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Goddamn, dude. Did they catch the piece of poo poo who did it?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What a low-hanging cat

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We need cats to beat the Skaven, why didn't we think of this before

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Double Punctuation posted:

All I know is Brightly Colored Cold-Blooded Thing = Do Not gently caress With

Sometimes that's just what they want you to think

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This election appears to be serious business

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Visited my dad last night. Their dog has some sort of crush on me and he loses his mind every time I'm over. I feel special and also cannot explain it.

But he makes some dumb faces while he's trying to ingratiate himself with me:

Looks a lot like the dog that kept trying to hump our legs last weekend, you'd better watch out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

When it wants to be petted, you pet it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_(spider)

There are spiders that appear to have high level intelligence!

slow but steady.

I got stuck in the Talos Principle, this spider is smarter than I am

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That punk squirrel can eat

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm sorry to have to say this, but that wasn't a dream.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You're a good brother.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stop doxxxing me at work

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That picture is art, with the shadows and all

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Trip report: wife was nagging at me so I calmly placed a towel over my head. She sighed and walked away.

Success! :toot:

If you do it long enough you won't have a wife at all, problem solved permanently

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She likes Iron Maiden, that's a keeper

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

gently caress the police

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JackMann posted:

One must imagine Sisypuss happy.

Haha

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cassius is an excellent cat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

I'd hope so, they're married to each other

I also had this idea of your mom and your dad's new wife going camping together, the actual situation makes way more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Former DILF posted:

the only problem is you cant put an outdoor cat on a diet, these motherfuckers go house to house eatin snacks

I was just about to post this. My parents recently moved, and they've already had neighbors asking around if the 'very friendly ginger tabby' that's been hanging around their house belongs to anyone. It's their cat, of course.