Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I got a new cat, Dickens (cause he was a tiny orphan and also a Devil Dickens of a cat). He refuses to wear anything but a pink color and has already commandeered all the good sleep spots from the dogs.

Check this amazing fuzzball:

He's obsessed, and I do mean that, with Dutch electronica. If I play W&W he descends upon the computer like a rave kid on too much cheap molly.

I think I got a good one, guys.

edit: I forgot the best part, he nearly died of pneumonia and a severe eye infection at three weeks old. We got him healthy through pure magic. He's a fighter!

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My boyfriend has the cutest roommates! This is his 4th roommate, Jasper. He pays rent by being too adorable.

PS: JJ Watt makes him angry, as evidenced in the photos. As a Texans fan I wholeheartedly salute this position.

OMG I'm surrounded by adorable animals. Don't send help!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That is the best "I AM HAPPY TO DOG." photo I've ever seen. You should let them take selfies every day. They're shillarious.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Haha, I love that name for gulab jamun. It's so adorably perfect. My very amazing Bangladeshi nanny used to make them with saffron and cardamom scented chashni. I'd pay a million dollars to taste that again. Thanks for the nostalgia bomb, dude.

In other news, my dogs are officially a ridiculous old married couple:

They sit like this for hours, every goddamn day.

Ana and Brick 4 eva.

vvvv Nah, she's chubby and 11 years old. That's a terrible photo of her, she's not a sentient bratwurst, promise.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 13:57 on Nov 5, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Nordick posted:

Some human-related cute/uplifting stuff for a change: Here's a goofy English gentleman rapping about how we should be more positive, accepting and open-minded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFL5GTKwonQ

This cheered me up in the weirdest possible way, thanks. Whoever works the tables for this guy is good, too.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Cows are basically giant dogs that love you SO MUCH and just wanna snuggle. It's a shame they're huge, cause they would be the best lap animals on earth otherwise.

Grant you I say this as an owner of 136 head of lapdo...Limousin cattle. They're the lap dogs of the cow world. Next time I feed I'm going to try to take thousands of shots of my delightful and delicious cows. They hate cameras but what are they gonna do? Snuggle me to death?

edit: oh god they're huge...maybe if the flash is too much I'll run away.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Dec 15, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Azhais posted:

That camera would be 99% squirrel pictures if I had one in my back yard

I fail to see how that's a bad thing. In my backyard it would be 99% photos of my silly dog trying to eat birdfeed.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

This is too cute. Their eyes! You just know that's a good dog. Oh my gosh.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Happy Birthday a day late!

Party Chin!

Piggy Hats!

Also you're not getting old, you're gaining wisdom through years of experience. Alsoalso, 29 isn't old!

(And omg google "party chinchilla" and just die of adorable.)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What is it and goons being so upset about fat-looking animals? You don't feed her, shut up.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not a "goon" thing, unless you think underfeeding/starving your pet is also something only goons get mad about. It's borderline whether you consider it to be abuse or not, but at the very least it indicates you don't care about the wellbeing of your pet when you allow it to get obese like that.

Oh god shut up. It's a cat laying in the worst possible way to convey their weight, and also a two day old post. Get over yourself. Also this is the cute thread and that is one cute cat.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is Luis Soriano, a rural Colombian schoolteacher, and his two donkeys, the Biblioburros Alfa and Beto. :3:

As cute as that picture is, it's nowhere near as uplifting as the story behind it.

PBS made a documentary about him:

Biblioburro: The Donkey Library

Well I can't stop crying, but this is amazing. I can't wait to see the documentary.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Today a good dog left this world and I'm gonna lionize her here, as she would have loved. This is Sophie and she is more awesome and bitchy than you could dream of being. She was so loved it hurt:

WALK. ME. NOW. This is my girl at her finest, demanding a walk. She never accepted excuses, you get out of bed and walk, Person. Ya Bitch.

She loved Sanrio more than me.

Her favorite angle for a photo. Maximum adorable:

Two days ago, she still had nothing but attitude. The best dog:

My blessed Grandmama told me that "We love dogs for their lifetime on earth, they love us for their's. Stop crying for a happy life!". I'm going to try that. I had My Sophie for over a decade, and I'm going to adore her for and eternity. I'm glad I was there for the best part of her time on this earth. She was 16 when we had to say goodbye, I spent more than a decade of that spoiling her. I wish I had more decades.

edit: I found my favorite photo of her. She would steal your shoes and lie on them if she liked you. For five years I had a green pair of flip flops I was never, ever allowed to wear.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jan 19, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Doggo seems totally happy about their liquid state. Obviously it's tough being the first puddgle, but ya can't fight biology.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Holy poo poo don't click that link.

Pilot Kitty, World Traveler and Basketball the Winter Cat are the only things that post has in it, don't click things!

(OP is 101% correct that big cat "sanctuaries" that let you close enough to hear purrs are almost universally poo poo, but drat. I cried too much at that link.)

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Feb 5, 2017

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Husky puppies are blobs of adorable. I think I watched that feed for an hour. Pro-est of clicks.
:3: You can almost smell the puppy breath.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

I have a Swedish Vallhund puppy. They are like wolf corgis but all the wolf blood keeps away things that corgis have from inbreeding, like hip and joint problems.

Obviously being a wolf does not stop their ears from the cutest thing ever! Ugh I just wanna snuggles that shortwolf!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
An offal mess. Ugh

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
A baby giraffe is the best thing on earth. They're just all ears and legs and serious faces and ugh it's too cute.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Also llamas will kick your poo poo in sideways just for breathing loudly at them. They're seriously amazing. If a strange llama ran at me like that I'd 100% be seeking higher ground. I mean, I'd still pet 'em, but gently and from a height he can't kick to.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

This little man is adorable. He looks like the grumpy climbing type of ram, aka the Best Ram.

You have beautiful animals, I envy you so drat much.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I got to pet a samoyed puppy in the park once. He bit me...ever so gently on the hand and guided me to his drat fat puppy belly. I nearly stole a puppy that day. Went back home with my favorite idiot instead.

Ana Banana. I adopted her exactly 7 years ago today! She's better than any samoyed puppy to me :unsmith:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The cutest of all the grue :3:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

The missing mice were actually Snake's friends. He was protecting their nest from the scary tall creature that was screaming and waving a swishy stick menacingly. He dazzled the creature long enough for a photo shoot as the adorable mice leisurely escaped to safety. They're frolicking/slinking about in the woods like Beatrix Potter characters, possibly wearing waistcoats.

I hope Snake has a secret top hat he wears when he's being fancy :3:

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Apr 15, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
"Then the shocking Creature voided their bowels in a clear sign of Territory marking. I knew thisss was my time. I was ready, I could dazzle him with my beauty and save the others. My keen sense of smell kept the Creature's location easy to follow for his stench was brisk and windblown. The mice scampered as I posed upon the metal cave. As the camera flashed, I knew I had won. He could have his Territory, and we could have our lives."

I should probably stop posting in the cute thread.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

vaguely posted:

the Arabian sand boa is objectively the best snake
look at this fat droopy idiot

i love him

I want make rabbit ears for him so I could find him buried in the sand. I'd name him Croissant and put googly eyes on his tail for funsies. I love 'em too.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I do that with my cat too! She gets visibly grumpy and increasingly louder if I don't pick her up and haul her around like a maniac. She's tiny so I'm her Autobot I guess?

One time I accidentally steered her into my water feature wall fountain doing that. She and I had a very animated chat about that particular incident. After she caught the fly, obviously.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't know how I didn't think of that. Her name is Master Cherry, totally checks out :3:

e: Comptroll, I think I want to read that version of history immediately. I'm thinking Kipling, but with trebuchets and on a large Texas plain. Neato.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jun 5, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Just received the following photo and text from my mom, who is pet sitting for me:

"Master Cherry has bullied Brick into keeping her warm in the barn. We tried to bring him in, but he won't leave her side. SO. Your Daddy moved his favorite chair out there WITH my favorite blanket! Because what if the animals are uncomfortable?! YOU'RE VERY WELCOME."

My mom is the best :3:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Do not gently caress with this donkey. These lambs are Their Lambs and they protect them with extreme prejudice. You will never love something as much as that donkey loves those sheep.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

This is how Elmore fell asleep last night. He's so cute I can't stand it. (And I did turn the light off again after I took these. It's strangely hard to take photos in the dark without a night vision lens. :shrug:)

Elmore is adorable :3:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Hey y'all! Elmore's in the holiday spirit, even if I'm not so much. Got the sadbrains kickin' in again in a big way. Nothin' like the end of the year/holiday season to make you feel like a complete and utter failure.

I have this photo of Elmore set as my desktop photo! I couldn't remember where I got it until now. His little smug face is great! I hope you never stop posting about him.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Bebe and her "gently caress you, gently caress your magic" is peak chihuahua.

I am suddenly very sad that I'm terrible at closeup magic. My dog would lose her mind over it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My cat bit the everloving poo poo out of me while I was watching that video. I'm going to pretend Dickens was saying he'd do that too.

Deep down I know he's just pissed cause he's on a diet and I am eating tuna salad :smith:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Mister Waffles seems self-conscious but he shouldn't because he's the cutest reindeer ever :kimchi:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Kidney Stone posted:

A rabbit, Belgian Hare.

They're fancy :kimchi: They like to run and eat and poo poo and sometimes when they're feeling particularly awesome, running while making GBS threads and eating. They're extremely fond of tejano radio stations and they will eventually try to eat one of your friends.

You have not lived until you've raised show rabbits for 4H and FFA.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Porcupines are like small, noisy lessons in self control. How do you not hug them until you're just one giant bloody mess?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Don't mind me just posting my adorable dog all over the forums today.

She's perfect.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I showed that to my little niece this morning to convince her to get vaccinated while we were at the hospital for something else. She got vaccinated! Entirely to shut me up because I won't stop blathering about vaccines. But it still worked.

e: My "little" niece is 21 years old and I didn't realize I still called her that in my head. She was so small like last week, I'd swear.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Jun 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That's clearly a Nosfuratu.