Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Time to contribute with a cat.

This is Cassius, he's something like 13 years old, but still a smug, adorable pain in the rear end who 's basically a dog rather than a cat. Loves people, will follow people around, will approach strangers and their dogs for pats which tends to startle people's dogs because he's huge, will wait by the front door to be taken for walks(though these days he's well-behaved enough that we can walk him without a leash and only need to chase him a little on occasion when he's about to fall into a creek because he's too curious or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Tendai posted:

That's not a cat, that's some kind of fuzz elemental :3:

Welcome to Norwegian Forest Cats, they're basically the size of Maine Coons.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

queserasera posted:

Feel free to contribute Cassius anytime. :kimchi:

How about some kitten Cassius and his slightly older half-sister?

She was the smarter one of the two, but sadly she passed away last year. But no reason to dwell on sad things, let's celebrate how cute she was.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/SjEVkfF.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5cH7D-8-U

This is an excellent bird.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/kqzUav6.gifv

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/K54p54X.gifv

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/b6MLrT9.gifv

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh for christ's sake. Nothing about that cat's body language indicates fear or discomfort. And my cats' pupils look like that all the time in bright rooms. A cat that's been drugged heavily enough to make them sit in a warm bath like that if they otherwise never would without freaking out isn't going to be standing up and alert and looking around the room, they're going to be lethargic and sluggish.

Yeah, that cat's in the water because it wants to be and is mildly curious about something outside the bath, the only thing it's missing is a bit of attention, hence the bit of mewing.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ7EaYRvVrA

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How well do hairless cats deal with the cold, anyway? I've honestly always thought they looked a bit weird, but this thread has brought me around on it. But do they need to kept more warm and comfy than cats with big fur coats, or do their skin/fat deposits handle it for them?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Dienes posted:

They definitely need special care in the cold. A good rule of thumb is if you're cold, they're cold. It dropped into the 50s this week in Florida, which meant Rexie was bundled in a poofy jacket and blanket for her trip to the vet for a recheck. (Good news - her diet+meds regimen has improved her intestines so much that her dose has been reduced to 25% of what it originally was and her ultrasounds look almost like a normal cat's!)

You also have to be careful in warm weather - unlike furred cats, they can get sunburned.

On the one hand, I'm amazed at the idea of a cat that won't make everything around the house fuzzy. On the other hand, not being able to bring him/her out into the snow in the winter would be a major loss of cuteness and fun.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Every cat seems to have some weird non-meat thing it's crazy for, though. One of my cats could just not get enough of apples, for instance, and my current red lump of fuzz loves plain white mushrooms. He will literally ignore meat on the same plate just to scarf up every single mushroom chunk or slice in sight.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I have no idea why it's so goddamn cute when sealife enjoys cuddles and pets and playing with people.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Ever since learning that sharks like belly rubs a year or two back, I feel like the world has been a more bright and positive place. There's just something uplifting about a thing that simple and pure.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It sounds so displeased, yet I imagine if it actually wasn't happy it would have done more actual biting, less playbiting, or just hosed off. Foxes are weird.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

my cat is norris posted:

The thing that eliminated my arachnophobia was this forum's fine series of critterquesting threads. Something about those threads completely rewired my brain and helped me to see spiders and similar creepies in a whole new way! :shobon: I am grateful.

Bugs of all kinds used to terrify me, I once spent a night sleeping on the couch just because there was a big moth in my bedroom. No idea what changed things, but these days I'm aghast at even accidentally washing a silverfish down the drain and I've almost been late for work a couple of times because I had to rescue spiders from the shower area before I could get ready in the morning.

The only things on land that still horrify me are slugs. gently caress those awful things.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/thisfoxwrites/status/1126493399803211776?s=21

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Former DILF posted:

:stonk: life is magnificent

I honestly thought we were going to see a panda eating its own baby.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/kiEjcFK.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Yeah, it's some genetic disorder where their front legs turn into more like little T-Rex arms. Mostly, if treated well, the cats with that seem to live pretty normal lives.

Problem is because it's a "cute" disorder, I believe some psychopaths have tried actively breeding cats with the defect.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The sound on this one makes it.

https://i.imgur.com/PVMPMAb.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/NERxKYd.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Listen to his meow! Heart melts every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQFQsVnxuhY

I think I can pretty definitely say those are Norwegian Forest Cats, because I've never met one that wasn't adorably chatty like that. They're very good cats.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/qqI7sgW.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

That's one heck of a long dog.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The sea has a lot of dogs.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

She looks ferocious(ly adorable). Sounds like you've just made a great friend.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Jailbreak.

https://i.imgur.com/mxuBESZ.gifv

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://gfycat.com/bewitchedpleasedbongo

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

withak posted:

It's a trick to get you to stick your hand through the bars.

Well it's a good trick. I don't think any amount of self control or warnings would prevent me from losing a finger and/or hand trying to pat.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

God, what I wouldn't pay for such a beautiful friendship. Or just to have a no-hyperbole loving majestic and adorable animal chilling out that close by.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/bKf2jjS.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Vultures are very good birds.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Oh man make sure to click through for the rest of the thread. Much cat, good ending.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

God, mantises are so perfect.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Those honey badger snuffling sounds are adorable.

Also goddamn I had no idea they were that smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Holy poo poo that's a lot of loving bats under that... what, is that an AC unit? A heat exchanger pump's external section?

Either way also pretty surprised by how chill they are about the whole thing. Cute bats.