Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

a kitten posted:

Keep on keepin' on there, cat.

I love the pause where the cat looks at the camera with one eye, goes "what are you looking at?" and then goes about his sandal scooting business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I'm sorry this isn't a cute puppy or Capybara, but this used to be called Cute and Uplifting thread, and I found this pretty uplifting.

The premier of Victoria recently formally apologized in Parliament to everyone jailed or even charged under our old anti-homosexuality laws.

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/apology-to-those-convicted-under-unjust-laws-against-homosexual-acts/

But best of all I like this quote from his speech:

"If you are a member of the LGBTI community, and there’s someone in your life that you love – a partner or a friend – then do me a favour:

Next time you’re on a tram in Melbourne, hold their hand.

Do it with pride and defiance.

Because you have that freedom."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

These were cute up until the end when I noticed the size of the cat, and then they got awesome.

Ultraman is truly a friend for life.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

"Do you have birdie num nums?"

Not a picture but a story.

When I was little, I was at a party with my parents and some family friends. Peter Sellers's The Party was on the TV, and that scene came on. When it came time for dessert, they served Gulab Jamun, ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulab_jamun ) and I , in my little kid mind decided that they were now "ball num num"s.

Now even though it has been more than 20 years, whenever I see them, or any other family friends, they ask me if I want any ball num num.

To which I always say Yes. Because Gulab Jamun is the greatest thing ever! (My dad used to make it and add rose essence in the syrup.)

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Nov 5, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This isn't cute, but this used to be the Cute and Uplifting thread, and I thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/brisbane-asylum-seeker-mojgan-shamsalipoor-graduates-year-12-20161117-gsrhd9.html

Iranian refugee in Brisbane gets dragged from school by armed guards and taken to a Detention Centre. In the Detention Centre, she finishes her year 12 studies via Skype and corespondence. Finally, aged 22, she is allowed to go back to the High School and receive her diploma in person.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

What this video doesn't show is the cats ringing the bell again mere milliseconds after getting their treats.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

All dogs should have generic human first names. If I had a dog I would name it Todd or Ron.

And all cats should have fancy human names. Like Reginald, or Archibald if a boy and Rose or Francesca if a girl.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Kitty itty bitty but bean bag big.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

God-drat ivy-league educated elites taking all our puppy-snuggles!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This video is a damnable lie! Logan Handsomepants is clearly not wearing any pants, handsome or otherwise.

This calls into question the entire inegrity of the grand and noble sport of Corgi Racing. I demand a parliamentary enquiry!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The seal's little bark of confused outrage when it can't get the snack is awesome.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Not a picture, (and I'm sorry for that), but I just want to say that this thread is my go to for when any of my year 3 students come into my office during lunch time, or when I don't have class.

You cannot imagine the squeals as I scroll past picture and picture of capybaras and kittens and puppies etc. to amuse them and do the important work of keeping me from planning lessons or anything boring like that.

So I thank you all.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

little one: "Hey guys, can I be friends with you?

medium sized one: Whaddaya reckon Dave, can he?

big one: I dunno, he's awfully little.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A baby Quoll.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

You'd think a guy with a sweet bad-rear end cat like that would be happier.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

The face of an innocent angel

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

This 6 week old puppy's name is Odin.

If you haven't put a bowtie on that collar yet, then you are history's greatest monster.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Stolen from the football pics thread.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Wifi Toilet posted:

One of my favorite videos, here's a bigger/longer version.

https://i.imgur.com/e8Ffe3N.mp4

Is the baby goat doing a little dance of victory because he won the headbutt contest with the chicken, or is it a crazy dance of frustration because the chicken seems to win, and then nonchalantly walk away.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I want to know what University Professor PuddinPop teaches at, and where he/she got his accreditation.
I want to know in what branch of the services Colonel Snazzypants served. (I also would like top know what use a kitten has for pants, snazzy or otherwise.)
And I need to know over which kingdom the good King Snugglewumps reigns, and how one can become a citizen.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/AFLBarwon/status/1141637443101188096

Go granny go!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

I've never had a dog that would actually be able to maintain their position like that and wait for their turn to hit the ball instead of just running in like a goof every time it's in the air. Looks like an aussie shepherd? They're supposed to be really smart.

If you look, it's always the same guy that passes it to the dog. So maybe that is the dog's owner, and has trained it to only accept passes from him.

But yeah, that is a smart and patient dog.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Wombats do cubical poos.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Trabant posted:

These guys look like they're dropping the best stoner/fuzz rock album of the year:

I see your furry animal band album cover and raise you:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Carnival of Shrews posted:

The wombat lives across the seas,
Among the far Antipodes,
He may exist on nuts and berries,
or then again, on missionaries;
His distant habitat precludes
Conclusive knowledge of his moods,
But I would not engage the wombat
In any form of mortal combat.

(courtesy of the great Ogden Nash)

From a few pages ago, but his reminds me of another wombat poem I remember from a childrens book I had when I was a kid. I forget the name of both book and author, but it was a book of funny, silly, gross and edgy-for-a-10-year-old stuff. And this was on the last or second last page. I remember it exactly.

Wombat, wombat,
So deadly in combat,
So brave and so handsome,
So fearless and free.
Your enemies fear you,
They dare not come near you,
No matter how evil, or cunning they be.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Not shown is the cat immediately deciding that it wants to go back to the other side of the street.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This is more heartwarming than cute:

Remember that NZ guy who gets all flustered as he does traditional Maori carving on twitch? Well he got Jacinda Ardern on with him, and he is just as flustered and blushing like s schoolboy using his best soft spoken manners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViVVRpZoEw

She is dreamy, and he is adorable. I will say that again, because it cannot be oversold. Motherfucker is adorable.

Jacinda even has a go at chiseling, and the dude is supportive and helping her.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Stolen from the Wrestlers on Social Media thread:

For context, this is a Japanese female professional wrestler, who does not speak English very well, so has started a second twitter account to try and practice speaking/writing in English, and to learn more.

I think it is awesome, and wish her all the best in her studies.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Gromit posted:

I want to see the corgied version of that dog that looks like a mop with dreadlocks.

I would imagine that would look like Dougal from the Magic Roundabout.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If this cat's ownerbutler hasn't made him a bed that looks like a Fokker triplane or an E-Type Jaguar then they should have the cat taken away from them immediately.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Cute until you think about it from the other perspective. Does that dog know this is all a joke, or is this a terrifying high stakes Saw scenario?

At the end of the video, when the bloke touches the pink bucket, the mother dog puts her paw on his arm to politely say "Hey, that's enough. I won your game, now leave my babies alone."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The anchor is ice cold. Not even a smirk. Or concern for her colleague either to be honest.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

What a cute bunch of bugs.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Those are 3 males, so most likely brothers.

And I like the way the (I imagine) eldest brother wanders over and goes "Hey fellas, relaxing over here are you? Well I'm gonna flop on your heads. Ha."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This is from 10 pages ago, so I'm sorry. But I just saw it.

And these pictures are indescribably awesome.

Most ye olde photos show people looking solemn, and in stiff poses, (largely due to the time that they had to stay still). But this series of photos show a couple(?) who clearly enjoy each others company and are having fun.

It is a beautiful glimpse that shows the past was not only stodgy dour people posed in their Sunday best, but also involved people in love being happy.