Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

gently caress yes, more Samoyeds please
I need to figure out where she walks him so I can skulk around there and hope I run into him

Darth Walrus posted:

Two weeks ago, I attended Crufts on the Working and Pastoral day. Here is the album. It has what you need, and more.

Previews:

A+ dogs, v. jealous, and I must say, my Great Pyr is far worse at dancing than her ability to rear up much like that one in photo #2 there would imply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Welp if I get a new avatar I know what it will be! (I love this)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:swoon:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

sketchshark is amazing.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

God Over Djinn posted:

My parents have a lab/newfie mix. She has the most incredible mane. Like their entire pack of (spoiled-half-to-death) dogges, she was adopted from the rescue my sister works at.

The picture is her with their Great Pyrenees. They are basically the two dumbest, but sweetest, dogs I've ever met. They also both love water like crazy, the Pyr will sit next to the pool with his paws dangling in real casual-like :3:
My parents just moved down to Texas with their Great Pyrenees mix, and I miss that huge dumb fluffy lump a ton. Fortunately, I will keep finding her fur on my clothes forever, because that poo poo works its way into everything.

More Pyr/Newf/other massive fluffy beasts photos? Any of these two playing together?

Here is said Pyr with my dumb cat.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Get a greyhound. They're basically housecats.

Cythereal posted:

PI seems to agree.
Don't forget that much like cats, they also love to get all up on your counters.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Chili posted:

Butterscotch's original owner reached out to us...
This made my day. :kimchi: Thanks so much for sharing.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Please post cats being fuckin' weird, I'm having a bad day.
Sorry to hear that! Here is mine from a few years ago.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I am mopey because I have been stuck at home with an illness. Cloud pups (Samoyeds and Great Pyrs especially) would be greatly appreciated.

For x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx, here is my doofus snuggling with the awesome stuffed shark I got from IKEA. Two ferocious predators:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

That is A Good Horse. Most horses would flip out at least a little with something jumping at their face like that.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

That is also a gorgeous snake. Google says regal ringneck? Where do ones with this coloring live?

My bf gave me this book as a gift, it's full of beautiful and adorable sneks. Highly recommended: http://a.co/0NXGc8a

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Dienes posted:

You might also enjoy the Puget Sound garter snake, which I think is both cute and gorgeous.

:swoon: Yes, yes I do.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Why didn't the other Good Dogs get pets? :colbert: I am outraged

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Bored posted:

I was trying to find a video showing how great pyranees politely keep people from entering their territory when they've assessed the intruder, decided they aren't really a threat, but the dogs still feel they have a job to do. It involves leaning and requesting pets. You really can't go very fast or push past them. And if there is more than one pyr, they will cooperate with eachother to effectively box you in. It's very clever and polite.

I can't find a video that illustrates that behavior, which I have experienced on multiple occasions when visiting friends or family that have pyrs, but I did find a clip about a great pyranees that has won his 3rd mayoral race.

https://youtu.be/0ghcGzwHXcI

"I don't know who would run against him, as he's done such great things with the community."
Just confirming this is absolutely a thing my parents' Pyr does (don't have video though). This, however, is a video of another breed trait, which is her favorite method of requesting pets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62AxuGG_e8I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

dog nougat posted:

Lookit this adorable puppy face!!

Now that's an excellent snoot.