Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PerilPastry posted:

Ever since learning just how intelligent octopuses are I haven't been able to eat calamari. I just don't feel comfortable eating something with that level of intelligence. Next someone will probably tell me Kit Kats are made from some kind of chocolatey lizard with the problem solving skills of a 10-year-old and I'll have to give those up too :(
Isn't calamari made out of squids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

rocket_Magnet posted:

I'm not sure what an airline can do for a passenger who is dead as well.
Don't those usually fly as cargo?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair the only reason cheetahs weren't domesticated centuries ago is because they have issues breeding in captivity and by the time we figured out artificial insemination we suddenly decided to start having ethics when it came to domesticating new animals(and we aren't even all that consistent about that), otherwise they are a nearly perfect candidate for the process
They already seem to be fine hanging around humans.
https://twitter.com/videocats/status/879268106845270016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Khazar-khum posted:

Why not rescue--our local shelter is overrun with cats that are feral and little more than wild animals. A few years ago we adopted a feral cat we were told was friendly and well-socialized. I don't want to see what that shelter considers nasty and unsocialized. It took months for him to let me pet him, and then he was skittish and nervous. One night he punched through a window screen, and that was it. He stays in our yard, we feed him, but no one can get near him. I don't want a repeat of that fiasco.
... Did you not interact with the cat before you took them home or something?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JackMann posted:

They still need us to tell them who's a good dog.

(It's them. They're the good dog)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

*did not have a cat

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Meatbag and This Guy are extremely pro cat names.
I like Atmosphere.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

I love how the dog is freaking out and can't decide whether to bite him or let him help, and then as soon as he's free he immediately goes to "YOU HAVE SAVED ME AND I HAVE PLEDGED A LIFE DEBT TO YOU"
The dog seems to be trying to bite the thing it's stuck in

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What an adorable modem! :3:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

THREE drat guard-dogs, and the duck still snuck up behind them. smh
Snuck up? Who did you think the dogs were guarding?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BlackIronHeart posted:

But... Capybaras don't stand on things. Other things stand on Capybaras! That's how it works!
That's a capybaby! It's not big enough for that yet.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Cheetahs don't attack people so you would be safe to pet one.
I've seen footage of them just, like, approaching and laying down on wildlife photographers, too. Cheetahs just don't seem to consider humans prey or threats.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Samovar posted:

I thought it was pronounced 'sword'.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Every single sound and song that you hear outside, is something trying to get laid.
Sometimes they're yelling at people to get off their turf instead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ah, this is Updog

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

They've evolved to look like leaves, is that it? Owns
No, those are leafs, that evolved to look like frogs.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Well, I suppose that makes sense. Cat stays dry but gets nice and warm from the water. Also, gets to sit in a box.

Everything a cat wants from life.
AND hang out with Big Weird Cat Friend!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I like that when he's grooming the cat, the cat's making vague tongue motions like "Yeah this is me doing this, not the big monkey".
It looked like he was licking the man. "Oh you groom me! I groom you too."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anybody know what song this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

orange sky posted:

Relevant to the Islam and cats discussion

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/pd7tsm/4_men_who_rescued_a_pregnant_cat_falling_from/

e: what the gently caress can't make a imgur mp4 work

https://i.imgur.com/vKYwEzV.mp4
Post it with URL tags.