Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I discovered this possum named Mia Grey, she has her own facebook page and she is the cutest thing in the entire universe and I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Still mega obsessed with this opossum :swoon:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
This instagram is so adorable, it's a family with several pet rats and a dog that loves all of them https://www.instagram.com/osirisandfriends/

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Insufficient crabs!!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Dienes posted:

Tabbies can have spotted bellies without being part Bengal, there's even a variant of mackerel tabby in which the stripes are broken into spots. Bengals with spots (there's marbled varieties) tend to have at least a few rosettes, which tabbies don't have.

To contribute to SpotChat - Phyrexian Obliterator only has the one.

:perfect:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I went to the pet store to get a new tank for my turtle and accidentally adopted a guinea pig :shobon: Oops! Here's Morty.

He likes to run around a lot so I built him a deck. I later added vent holes to the lid of the deck and attached it because he gets so excited for his food that I was worried he'd fall out.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Cythereal posted:

I assume he has buddies? Guinea pigs are herd animals who do very poorly alone.

Not yet, but he will. We just bought a house and I want to be absolutely sure when we get him a pal, that it's not actually a girl pal because I can't afford to house babies/a 2nd guinea setup right now. Would be lovely to take in a rescue pig only to generate more that we can't care for, you know?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seconding that Morty really needs a friend. Guinea Pigs are herd animals and it'll keep him happy when you're not in the room. Also be prepared for him to learn the sound of the fridge opening, along with the rustling of plastic bags, and wheeking his fuzzy brain put in the hopes of veggies.

Ohhhh I know, it's the best part of my morning :3:

e. and to totally clarify! Morty was solo with his first family and was surrendered to the pet store because they couldn't afford to care for him. So we didn't randomly adopt a single piggo just because, he was in need of a new home. We absolutely plan to get him a friend once we can and in the meantime I go wayyy out of my way to make sure I spend a lot of time talking to him and touching him because I know they don't like to live alone!

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 17:48 on Aug 3, 2017

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Bit of backstory, I do a lot of crafting that produces scrap, dust, etc. and until recently lived in an apartment with no shop area, which meant no cats for McPantserton. Then my husband and I bought a house with workspace we could keep closed off, and we planned to get kitties right away! ....Until I fell down the basement stairs and broke my leg and couldn't walk! :downs: But after about 2.5 months of recovery, I can finally get around well enough that we were able to go to the humane society and meet these little dorks.

They're sisters, about 3 months old, and they are hilarious. Calico is Crowley and tabby is Dahlia.

Crowley is more hyper and she farts like the devil himself

Also thinks my mobility scooter is extremely amusing

Dahlia is a bit more easygoing and likes to sleep in between my husband and my pillow.

On occasion they will battle for my affection. Stoppp girls, I love you both!

They're excited for their first Halloween

Fortunately though they really get along so well and they are so sweet. I love them so much :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

SubponticatePoster posted:

Since you're out of commission temporarily but need to stay in practice, I suggest you start making cosplay for your cats, McPants.

I'm actually mobile enough by now that I can get down into my shop again!! :woop: Which is so exciting I can't even articulate. I am considering what the cats should be (besides little insane hellraisers) but I already am working on Princess Mononoke for me, kodama for husband, and outfits for both my turtle and guinea pig as well bwahahhaha