Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I remember where I was when I found out Margaret Thatcher was dead. It was the Cuthbert Brodrick in Leeds, just off Millenium Square. Someone came by our table and just said "the witch is dead", and then we saw it on the news. There were people dancing in the street, everyone in the pub had a massive smile on their face, one of my mates broke out cigars he'd been saving for the occasion. We stayed there all night and got pissed as gently caress, the whole evening was a massive party and not one person I spoke to had a good word to say about the dearly departed or was sad to see her go. I've rarely seen such companionship and communal joy in a boozer, it was like New Year. You'd step out for a fag and people would come up to you and say "Have you heard?" and you'd say yeah, and they'd just smile and hug you or shake your hand.

I'm glad she's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I did not expect this thread to turn out nearly this interesting, so thanks to the effort posters who have made it so!

• Locked thread