Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
In like Flynn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
PM received. Vanilla town

Oh wait....

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

Good morning, looks like we have a couple people trying to move us out of jokephase.

##vote Max

His behaviour has seemed odd and good people are voting for him. We need to not waste our long day with a no-lynch.

Max is short for Maximus Scummicus.

When were we ever going to waste our long day on a no lynch? You seem to be saying that our only two options are jump on the Max train or no lynch for the day.

##vote anidav

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Day 1 vote is always a shitfest, so I don't care who.

Just seemed like an odd push to start swinging the vote at -2

Isn't this predicated on Max being scum? What if Max flipped town, how would you feel about the votes changing to Anidav in that circumstance?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I would shed a single tear.

Then get on with the game because the majority of us will be town voting town.

So then why describe the push as odd?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I am here for a few minutes to agree that Anidav's post was seriously very bad and I would also vote him but votefinder isn't working so I don't know what the votecount is and counting is for squares.

No way. I am totally groovy and happening.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Please stand up.

Please stand up.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

then count the votes for me fv

do the work so I don't have to

No, because I am also lazy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That's quite funny.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Whoever dies first, can you please make me and Asiina masons. I have personal life gossip to tell her and that seems like the best way to go about it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

you already have a scumdoc I believe, masonry just seems like overkill

Yeah but I didn't want Kash to overhear it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't know Sam, why don't you tell me all your personal stuff and then we can decide.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

"Hello my name is Infinitum.
I like long walks along the beach and holding hands.

My scum tells are.."

a/s/l?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I met a real cute girl who I'm into and she's into me but she lives in America and I'm in New Zealand which kind of sucks, and I don't have a job so I can't even save up to go see her.

Infinitum, why are you assuming the push on Anidav is an attempt at saving a scum Max instead of a reaction to that really scummy post?

Long distance is the wrong distance.

I think Infinitum is really set in the mindset that Max is scum and it is colouring all his other reads.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Would vote Gwyn for this

What is stopping you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Because I am capable of having an interest in voting multiple people

Ok, why would you vote Gwyn for that post?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

Asking questions is classic scum f_v

would vote

Yes, how scummy of me to ask someone to explain their motivations in a game of Mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

I'm just trying to figure out this rubix cube of where to lynch. A no lynch is not very good.

##vote Meinberg

Somebody should probably hammer.

Are you looking for scum or just looking for someone to lynch? Feels like the latter to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Very well.

Current Day 1 comedy shitfest scum reads:
Birdstrike - Would be my prime candidate for scum. Was the initial vote on Max for no reason, then others jumped on

Infinitum, can you expand on this a bit further. You say on D1 that he is your prime scum suspect, but then you never vote for him or even mention him again. In fact, you continue to vote for Max, despite criticising his vote on Max.

You haven't mentioned him today either. Do you think he is still scum? If not, why not?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Gwyn, Tremendous Taste, fiery_valkyrie, please post more.
If you're not going to post much, at least post some of your thoughts on people regarding alignment.

In particular I don't like the way fiery_valkyrie's post history reads.
Half jokes and half questions that were previously asked by other players.

Feels lurky.

I agree that I haven't posted much, which makes it suspicious to me that you've read my short post history and yet didn't notice the question I specifically asked you. Feels like you're faking an opinion on me.

I'll ask it again for clarity. On D1 you said Birdstrike was your top scum pick, yet you never voted for him or mentioned him again and continued to vote for Max, despite criticising Birdstrike for voting Max. Can you explain this contradiction? Can you tell us when your opinion on Birdstrike changed and he was no longer your top scum pick?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

First scum is Valkyrie. Chooser of the Scum.

Second scum is Infinitum. He killed Votefinder and became Votefinder, Santa Clause style.

Third pick for scum is maybe Asiina because of her actions but I think she sounded more town in how she talks.

Town is Max now and Khris.

This is terrible. You have no in game reasons that you can even state to explain your reason for your top two scum picks, and your third pick is maybe scum but sounds town? Can you actually elaborate on why you think I'm scum instead of just complaining that no one will case me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

This is pretty bad. There is still lots of day left and many people are being talked about. Why are you acting like you have to choose between two people right now? Who else do you think is scummy and why?

Agree with this. Sam, if you think someone is scummier than the top 2 vote leaders, then why not case and vote them? Why are you content to only vote where the thread votes?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I answered it earlier. I got a gift from Kash and it changed my opinion on Birdstrike.

Sorry I must have missed that post.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Gwyn

All of his posts are non-commital or sideline commentary or references to other games.

Gwynplaine posted:

I want to believe in infinitum, because they were doubted in the last game they were in even thought they were basically 90% correct in everything they said, but they just dont seem to be making any sense to me. It's coming across like a smokescreen. Or inexperience in whatever role they have. Which I can sympathize with, but makes me suspicious.

This post is the icing on the cake.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I think the top two vote leaders are the scummiest.

Ok, thanks.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You won't be that happy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

guys, if every single person in this loving game thinks anidav is scum...then maybe, just maybe, he's not.

I'm just saying, that looks suspicious if not a single loving person is defending him/her

What about if some people are just not mentioning him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Obviously infinitum has a post restriction. Duh.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

Valkyrie is still hiding away, too good for us mortal towns. Deciding our fates. The scum hurry to find a new target now that her own fate is linked to the town scapegoat.

##vote Anidav

Put your money where your mouth is.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Infinitum posted:

💩

Anifav town.

I removed it before.
His last will and testament.

Strong evidence.

That's not confirmation to me. Look at Jake, he was town and his will was a bunch of nonsense.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

Valkyrie knows she is doomed. She let her evaluation level get too low, now the Goddess of Love will zap her with lasers.

Odin needs to make sure her memories are not awakened. If a scum must die along with Anidav, then they must at least stay silent. Valkyrie will not post anything more useful today. So says Revolver Arngrim.

According to you I haven't posted anything useful at all.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gwynplaine posted:

My chief actual suspect at this point, despite being less vocal is actually Tremendous Taste, both for seeming aggressive and defensive , a trait more commonly associated with scum and for their poor choice of targets. That might just be their play style, haven't played that many games with them, but they seem more cagey than usual. Might just be me. Gwynstinct is far from an exact science, but it's also all I've got and has been right more often than not, even if only by a slight margin.

Money where mouth is.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Gwyn continuing with his vague, easy to walk back opinions. Every time he gives an opinion about someone he also gives himself an out for if they flip town. It's so scummy.

##vote gwyn

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

See I thought Asiina would leave FV something, but unsure why she would make FV love Anidav

Me too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The votes on me are all ridiculous.

Anidav is voting me for having a low post count. Bird is voting me for asking questions and Infintum is voting me because I didn't vote for Max.

How are any of these behaviours scum gotchas?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

always with the questions!

But do I ask questions as town or only as scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rude.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Do you have anything more substantial for why I'm scum bird?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

lunch yourself then

:ironicat:

Bird, I would like to hear you expand on your reasoning for why I am scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

nah for real f_v's one actual case this game is to vote Gwyn for being, well
Gwyn.
There's a whole lot of asking people questions about why people might be doing things (like SSV) but at no point does f_v actually give an opinion on those matters

But when I ask questions that's me being, well me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Revolver Anidav posted:

The real question is, does she think I'm town? If she knows she is town, she doesn't seem too worried about two townies dying at once.

Why do you still think I'm scum, Valkyrie? I just want to save the town.

You don't seem too concerned about lynching two town either.

• Locked thread