Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Ben Fatfleck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

gfanikf posted:

I am very excited for a potential solo Batman movie.

Why? I honestly can't see him doing anything new or different that would warrant another solo movie.

Maybe a Batman: Beyond movie with crazy art style where hes just a retired old rear end in a top hat and crazy futuretech. Id probably go see that.

Henry Rollins could even play Mad Stan.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

a starwar betamax posted:

I'd love a movie that is 2 hours of batman being drug behind a truck while slide music plays

Can Henry Rollins also drive the truck while ranting about society and "the man"?

I'd go see that too.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Ben Affleck is very sad about the BvS reviews and that makes me sad.

He's old enough to know if screw up something as loved as Batman, fans will hate you forever. Its not like he wasn't in that terrible Daredevil movie.

Warner Brothers has always exerted hilarious amounts of interference and incompetence with how the DC comics movies are presented. The exception is the Nolan movies I think. Going by that Goyer quote from 2005, it seems like they were forced to deliver some haphazard project to get the Justice League movie out the door as soon as possible.

I feel worse for Brandon Routh who I think was a better Superman, but got the shaft compared to Caville.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Immortan posted:

Are they still giving Zack Snyder directorial duties on the JL films given how badly reviewed this one & MoS was? Because lol

He is supposed to start filming Justice League PART 1 on April 11th and a bunch of people wondered if a really bad reception could halt plans. Because apparently thats happened like twice before in the last 10 years with DC comics movies where they cancelled filmings just weeks before.

exquisite tea posted:

The way these modern superhero movies are all 3-hour bleak epics with ridiculous plots yet demand to be taken totally seriously is extremely lol. Tim Burton's Batman looks more and more like a masterpiece every day.

2 hours of contrived bullshit for a bunch of cameos at the end doesnt sound fun to the normal moviegoer? Who knew.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Almost 9 million views. :allears:

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Moon Atari posted:

But then disney made the surprise move to buy marvel, which was considered risky at the time because the only characters they retained the rights to weren't considered popular enough to star in films (hilarious in hind sight). With Iron Man's unexpected success and marvel's plans made clear WB decided to restart their DC shared universe this time shooting beyond Vs to the Justice League, leading with a new to film "obscure" character like marvel had done with Iron Man. So they put all their eggs in Green Lanterns basket, sinking a ridiculous amount of money into it only for it to fail massively at both a critical and commercial level, loving them up big time as they had already planned sequels, a bunch of tie in media, and there were hints that Flash movie plans were riding on it as well. They even had a bug budget Green Lantern video game halfway completed that would feature wonder woman's first introduction.

Disney didnt decide to buy Marvel until after Marvel had already been well underway with its Avengers plans and had a strict "no interference" clause written in the deal.

Marvel aquired the rights back to their characters on their own and did the movies in house which was amazing at the time. The Incredible Hulk was kind of a miss but when Iron Man hit, Marvel stock went through the roof. There was a detailed timeline of movie releases they had planned for 4 years. Disney bought Marvel during the production of Capatin America and Thor.

So yeah 4 years and 5 movies before the Avengers came out. DC is trying to do with with less success and its kind of hilarious.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

The Insect Court posted:

So what's the deal with X-Men stuff? Does Sony or Fox still have it? Any chance of DIsney/Marvel getting it back, or anything else happening to produce X-movies that aren't poo poo?

Fox owns the film rights to X-men heroes and villains. Also the Fantastic Four heroes and villains including Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr. Doom etc. Basically if they don't make a movie every 7 years with those characters the rights revert back to Marvel.

There was a hilarious low budget 1994 Fantastic Four film that was made strictly to stop that from happening and they never told the actors it would never be released.

Sony has Spiderman film rights but Disney has negotiated deals that are just too good to pass on, that Marvel independently could never have brokered.

literally a hog fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 27, 2016

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

the 1994 film wasn't for fox, it was for some german firm who used it as an ashcan to hold onto the rights which were eventually sold/lost

Yeah, its still really funny thing that happened, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

that's why a lot of people think that fox will eventually just hand off the rights back to marvel or sell them to disney when the time comes because they simply don't want to pay a hundred plus million for a very very damaged brand.

Probably yeah, they quietly cancelled the sequel to the FF movie.

Theres also all kinds of crazy maneuvers at Marvel comics going on where they seem to be sabotaging the characters comics that Fox owns the films rights to. They cancelled the Fantastic Four comic,their longest running series ever, in advance of the summer 2015 Fox movie. Xmen writers being told not to create new mutant characters because Fox could use them in their movies. poo poo's cray.

• Locked thread