Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

the strife is o'er, the battle won.

time to roll scum and show you suckers how it's done :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Rarity posted:

##vote FL

Not feeling it.

##vote Rarity

no racists on this wagon train

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I think MMT is definitely stretching

:agreed:

"I'm going to mention some things that make it look like I've read FL's posts!"

*neglects to mention miller claim*

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

No, you're acting deliberately anti-town and it's probably because you're scum but even if other people disagree they should vote you on principle.

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since he did actually roll scum in Kash's last game but I'm down with policy lynching him forever.

##vote imgay

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

lol these anime avatars are great

sorry I haven't been posting but NA CS takes precedence

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

oh mags never change :allears:

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Apparently answering questions, being sarcastic in general, and being unfamiliar with more than half the players, is a surefire scumtell these days.

Deadline is 5am here in Sydney, so imma be asleep for it.

I'm cool with my vote on imgay. Not liking the way he's tunnelling Kash and being an arse about it.

Ugh this post is awful. Look at it. Self-pitying, self-conscious, and self-satisfied all at the same time. How that's even possible I'm not sure.

imgay is still my policy vote but this is a Bad Post and I Don't Like It.

Also he referenced how there was no Day 1 jokephase, but it feels like this entire day has been a joke, both during my initial read and my reread this morning. Kash, imgay, Venom Soag, and mags shitposting relentlessly, people seriously voting for a D1 miller claim, the mod joining in on the shitposting, it's just...ugh. I mean when the most reasonable person in the game is posting in-character for the early 1800s all you can do is just wait for them to die or get sick of it.

iajanus is my Dark Horse pick for scum, his posts have been mostly metagame conversation (e.g. "oh wow look at the time! i'm just posting!" "great flavor" and "yes that is how this game mechanic works") and one question that it doesn't seem like he cares about the answer to.

also lol kash:

Kashuno posted:

I am going to get a gently caress ton of use out of this av.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

3PM deadlines are...questionable.

Kashuno posted:

##vote infinutum If I haven't

You have, and on this very page. Now, it's my turn.

##unvote imgay
##vote Infinitum

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

By my count, that's 5 votes for him and we need 8. Anyone else around or is this going to end in a nolynch?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Actually it's 6 votes. C'mon y'all two more, is anyone here?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

iajanus posted:

Infinitum isn't that new to mafia, and has played pretty well in previous games as both scum and town. From D1 posting I'm not sure if his posting means anything yet but I'm worried he's trying to push towards imgay or Kash under the guise of jokephase. Hard to tell at this point. I'll vote him to avoid no-lynch which at this stage just helps scum, and then at least we get some information for tomorrow.

##vote infinitum

iajanus posted:

As for thoughts on bk, I don't think he's been particularly suss so far.

and no, MG3, not guilty. Just the usual D1 annoyance at not really having any decent information to work from yet.

Oh my god could this guy be scummier.

If people are still around and unsure on Infinitum this would be The Best Lynch for today

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

this isn't a case FYI

Barehanded Brother posted:

iajanus is my Dark Horse pick for scum, his posts have been mostly metagame conversation (e.g. "oh wow look at the time! i'm just posting!" "great flavor" and "yes that is how this game mechanic works") and one question that it doesn't seem like he cares about the answer to.

Maybe this is more what you're looking for? But to me the posts are self-evident. He's playing like Baby's First Scum Game: Let's Try To Be As Innocuous As Possible

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

You should try posting less like scum then

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

MG3 posted:

Ok fine.

##unvote ianjanus
##vote infinitum

We can table this discussion until tomorrow

Glad people see what I see though.

##vote Infinitum

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Revolver Anidav posted:

How is a salesman a jailer? I thought the breadcrumb was your "entrapped" scum. I approve of catching scum beavers in traps.

Yeah that's some weak breadcrumbing

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Infinitum posted:

It's D1 mate, would you have breadcrumbed super hard?

I mean it's just so vague, and doesn't scream "jailer" to me. Mags is right as well, jailer is useful for both alignments. I've been a town jailer before and been on a scum team with a jailer before.

Also no way is town going to investigate and clear you on N1, are you serious? Waste an investigation on someone who, if cleared, would just get NK'd.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Hypothetically, if I were scum and you were town, I wouldn't NK you just so town would waste more time trying to lynch you tomorrow when you didn't die. Only thing I can say is try not to post so badly when you have a town power role, viz. never post like this:

Infinitum posted:

Apparently answering questions, being sarcastic in general, and being unfamiliar with more than half the players, is a surefire scumtell these days.

Deadline is 5am here in Sydney, so imma be asleep for it.

I'm cool with my vote on imgay. Not liking the way he's tunnelling Kash and being an arse about it.

On another note why are the animes unvoting, we've got less than an hour left.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

iajanus posted:

Jedit's posted nothing of any substance so I'm happier lynching him D1 than someone claiming something.

##unvote
##vote Jedit

welp this is gonna be a town lynch

##vote Jedit

i hope we learn a lesson from this :bahgawd:

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

imgay being a redditor who frequents r/4chan and r/The_Donald is perhaps the least surprising thing

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

MG3 posted:

Come on guys.

How long until deadline?

Half-hour. MT is the puppetmaster and the animes are her puppets, but anything's better than a no-lynch.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Don't let me stop you from making a better case!

I did, it was on iajanus, and you ignored it. It was even getting traction until we decided on Infinitum, who then claimed and then everyone forgot about him because apparently he posts like Scumposting 101 in every game regardless of alignment.

How will he learn unless he gets lynched for posting nothing but:

iajanus posted:

Jesus, you guys get up early...

no content

iajanus posted:

I'm still readjusting to AEST so 7am feels like 2 in the morning :'(

and Kash I joined at the last minute, almost literally.

no content, woe is me

iajanus posted:

OK, I'm just putting it on the record that I love this flavour.

no content, buddying with the mod

iajanus posted:

From reading the wiki I have no idea. I understand what the role does, but not why you'd want to claim it now. I don't see how we get any help from it.

I haven't played with a miller before - can we assume that if a miller is in the game a) there's a cop,and b) the miller is town (since it makes no sense to have a scum one) ? Or am I misunderstanding how it theoretically works?

"look how helpful i am! but maybe i don't get it :downs:"

iajanus posted:

Can you expand on when you're able to?

"what a helpful question i am asking! (that i will never actually follow up on because i don't really care about the answer)"

iajanus posted:

Infinitum isn't that new to mafia, and has played pretty well in previous games as both scum and town. From D1 posting I'm not sure if his posting means anything yet but I'm worried he's trying to push towards imgay or Kash under the guise of jokephase. Hard to tell at this point. I'll vote him to avoid no-lynch which at this stage just helps scum, and then at least we get some information for tomorrow.

##vote infinitum

A safe bandwagon vote which has more hedges than the gardens at Versailles

iajanus posted:

As for thoughts on bk, I don't think he's been particularly suss so far.

and no, MG3, not guilty. Just the usual D1 annoyance at not really having any decent information to work from yet.

"there's no information D1 guys what a rough time i'm having"

iajanus posted:

I think I've only played with a jailer once and they were scum.

never played with a miller(?!) but have played with a scum jailer. OK maybe SA mafia has changed but really??

iajanus posted:

Jedit's posted nothing of any substance so I'm happier lynching him D1 than someone claiming something.

##unvote
##vote Jedit

:ironicat:

Is that enough of a case for you MT?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I mean just hit the ? under his av and tell me about the world in which a town poster types that series of words in a Mafia game

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Obviously the lynch isn't happening today and I'm okay with the case being tabled for tomorrow but MT if you genuinely think I'm scum then theoretically you've read my posts and it doesn't look like you have.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Don't let me stop you from making a better case!

Murmur Twin posted:

Of you and iajanus I find the nature of your case (that you seem so sure of it) to be more suspicious than the content itself - but we can save that conversation for D2 if we're both still here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_effect

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

iajanus posted:

Without confirmation from imgay we can't judge much about this claim, but it sounds pretty shifty. I don't believe it from the flavour, which sounds more like fake flavour than real with the role.

Am I the only person seeing this guy post?!

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I do think Infinitum's claim is more and more bullshit the more he posts though. He should have been the lynch yesterday until BK went all bleeding heart over the claim and then MT cottoned on and picked Lurker Jedit out of a hat to be the easy sacrifice, ignoring my case and the healthy suspicion on iajanus.

In order, I'd vote iajanus->Infititum->MT.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Had a very busy work week, just going to drop the PR so I can get straight into posting in the game. I'm having real difficulty getting into this one possibly because of my unfamiliarity with the majority of posters here.

I really don't know what to make of Infiinitum getting a million votes yet not getting voted out yesterday. I probably wouldn't have voted for him if I had been around, but I'm surprised that a player who so many people wanted voted out still escaped the lynch pretty easily. Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it. Consider me on board with this lynch today, I just don't want to vote without knowing the exact vote count.

I wish votefinder had been working for that day yesterday. I'm unclear about the hammer rules too, it seemed like 14 out of 15 people were needed to preemptively end the day which is something I haven't seen from other games before.

This post pings me as well. It seems a little too self-conscious and apologizey for TNL.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Jimson posted:

Quick explanation PM sent, sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing Jimson Inc. Mafia games.

Please stop posting anything but votecounts and flips in the thread. I understand the urge to appear responsive and caring but stuff like this can very easily give away more about the game than you think.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

You don't even have an eye patch you liar

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

##vote venom soag lynch all liars

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Revolver Anidav posted:

This seems like a weird reason to joke vote on D2.

Many Auspol goons have photo or rl evidence of this eyepatch.

Really? My bad then, I was p. drunk last night and don't even remember posting that.

Sorry VS ##unvote

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

uh wins i hate to break it to you buddy but you're dead :(

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Wait so has anyone pointed out how there was no NK, and imgay has claimed to both a) have a killing power and b) get roleblocked last night? I'm a bit drunk from a work happy hour and catching up now, but that pings no one?

Would still definitely lynch iajanus. Want to reread MT, BK, and basically the entire overtime where Infinitum's claim bought him an extra day, but I'm tired and need fresh eyes. No one do anything stupid in the meantime.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Help I want to get off Bizarro Shitpost Mafia, someone send something

Also doesn't the day end in a couple hours?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

After Further Review of what happened in OT and beyond, I'm pretty sure BottleKnight is the scum. Would vote him or iajanus happily.

##vote BK

preview edit:

There is good discussion happening, it's just happening around the periphery of the posting of imgay, Kashuno, and Venom Soag

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I'm okay with lynching either one of them just so they knock this poo poo off.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

"I keep traveling for work" is my excuse for lurking this game, with a side of "votefinder being down and not providing updates on deadlines and such", and a soupçon of "reading this thread keeps sounding like white noise in my head no matter who's posting". I go through individual post histories and all of it looks like content that has to do with the game but then in context it just seems like so much nothing is being said, really by anyone. Sure the kash/imgay slapfight is annoying and takes up way too much time because a) Kash would have to have hard-committed to a total bus of a scumbuddy super loving early in the game to be scum and b) imgay is at least playing the game differently from the other game I was in with him when he was so blindingly scum it hurt; and Venom Soag posts like my drunk ex-girlfriend when she thinks loving me is a good idea again (nb: it is, ladies :wink:); Magnus is a stream of mafia consciousness; there are so many anime avatars that I can't tell when birdstrike is posting; iajanus is a string of How To Successfully Get Coached By Your Scumbuddies posts since about midday yesterday; BK starts playing like a beep boop scum robot who hits the high notes of "unvoting on a lovely claim" and "OMGUS"; MT and TNL are people I remember from bygone times that I want to keep around because at least I know they'll play the game; and...I think that's it? That's all the players I can remember. Oh wait Revolver Anidav. He seems alright. This game does not capture my interest even when I have time to post because I don't know what I would post, it seems like people are playing a different game than I am, with the exception of Flying Leatherman, who actually seems like he's looking at the same things I'm looking at and reading them similarly, even if we don't completely agree on everything.

Anyways, rant over, so far iajanus has mollified me with no longer posting like Scumposts 101 and has moved on to Scumposts 201, but from my understanding of the Current Mafia Situation BK should know better than to post the way he has since OT of D1. The unvote was super scummy, he's too quick to believe claims, his D1 posts were hedge as gently caress until he went hard on imgay (which I believed in because of the previous game I played with him), and this post:

BottleKnight posted:

iajanus's posting is so vanilla I barely even register it. People say he's like that in every game so I've almost entirely disregarded him for the moment.

the day after he said "I buy it" to Infinitum's claim and switch his vote to iajanus in OT is super loving sketchy. I urge people to look at BK's D1 OT play and try to find a way it comes from a town perspective.

##vote BottleKnight

would still vote either Kash or imgay or officiate their loving wedding so that they stop posting at each other because my goodness is it loving counterproductive.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I kind of agree with BHB about this game being challenging to follow. Right now I'm suspicious of all of, from most to least: Kashuno, TNL, Anidav, Birdstrike, BHB

I've been suspicious of Kash for awhile now (yes, I think he was bussing Infinitum; no, I don't believe his suspicions on me or imgay) and since no one is dying on either end I haven't had any strong reason to change my mind yet. #vote Kash

Questions for you:

Not even a little bit suspicious on BK? If not, why not?

Why do you think Kash would hard-bus Infinitum the way he did? I mean, I know generally why scum bus, but that was an Extreme Unnecessary Bus

What is your theory on why no one has died at night?

Unlike other posters, I am genuinely interested in your answers to these questions and will hound you until I get them or die.

IRL :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

So now the question becomes: is this game about winning, or is this game about making the other team lose...

I'm cool with just winning, honestly.

• Locked thread