Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play as well if there's room still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Turbo the pony

Is that any relation to Sonic the Hedgehog?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

I'm sorry you lied and broke our promise to each other.

Are you guys getting a divorce? :smith:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

i have a gun but im not scum

You should shoot someone and get this party started.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

TNL your posting style has been a lot of fun to read. Where did you get the unscrupulous businessmen thing for scum flavor? I didn't get any explicit flavor stuff about it and on reread of the OP it seemed like a little bit of a jump from the given flavor to your post.

One thing I noticed so far that has stood out: BK seems really engaged this game, and he's been making interesting points wrt imgay (even if I don't agree) which makes me think he's town. It feels a lot different than the last game I played with him, where he felt less immediately involved and active in thread, and was scum. (That was Generic Mafia, for those keeping score at home - a game from late last month).

##vote Leatherman

Things that I'm usually suspicious of in the early game:

(a) town reads
(b) politeness
(c) taking jokeposts or insignificant details too seriously

And I feel like Leatherman is doing all three here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

well gently caress you too then

Kash is town!

While politeness is a wonderful thing I feel like it's sometimes how people channel self-consciousness associated with being scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I think MMT is definitely stretching

Are you implying that my first case of the game isn't a slam-dunk? Wow dude.

Barehanded Brother posted:

:agreed:

"I'm going to mention some things that make it look like I've read FL's posts!"

*neglects to mention miller claim*

It doesn't have anything to do with my read on FL - obviously the implication is that I'm accusing him of being scum fakeclaiming miller. It doesn't detract from my point that I see things that I perceive as scumtells in that specific post I quoted.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

"I'm going to mention some things that make it look like I've read FL's posts!"

*neglects to mention miller claim*

I wasn't a huge fan of this post because it (a) doesn't address the actual points of my case and (b) makes the implication that because I didn't mention FL's miller claim, that I didn't read his posts. But I wanted to sit on that out of fear that I was just mentally OMGUSing. But then

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since he did actually roll scum in Kash's last game but I'm down with policy lynching him forever.

##vote imgay

I dunno, this post also feels scummy. It's an easy stance to take that involves voting someone for a reason other than imgay's potential alignment.

##vote BHB

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Woah everyone has different avatars now - so far I approve :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG3 posted:

I think bottle knight is feigning outrage

I agree.

Kashuno posted:

also killing people for no reason is bad and dumb.

Did I miss the part where imgay killed someone? Because getting that mad at someone threatening to kill someone else doesn't feel like a real reaction.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

c u c k

I've always wondered what words are censored but never enough to look it up :effort:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

"This feels like an easy suspicion for you to pursue," Ninth said. "A lot of these traits could be ascribed to a newer traveler who just wants to fit in. For example, I've seen a lot of fresh faces confuse friendly banter for more serious discussion. I also think they tend to be more polite than your normal abrasive adventurer. Not all of us are as used to the harsh realities of the open road. Couldn't all your points here be explained by Leatherman's inexperience?"

I feel like casing in mafia is like dancing at a bar - it's awkward when no one else is doing it, but all it takes is one brave soul to start things off.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG3 posted:

##unvote kashuno kash is probably town guys.

What makes you say this? I'm null-lean-scum on Kash, I feel like when he does the "post a lot but don't actually say much" thing it's suspicious, but he might just play every game like that and I can't remember. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable declaring him "probably town"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

yeah, atleast thats what it felt like, thats why i was so hurt at the start of the game by him

That post with that avatar makes me want to give you a big hug. Feel better :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

also mmt I know imgay is gonna shoot me tonight so yes I'm frustrated about it.

Sometimes people die on N1*, it's no big deal. And you don't know he's going to shoot you, you're jumping to that conclusion in a way that doesn't feel genuine to me.

*(to me imgay having a night vig is the most obvious reason he wouldn't be able to do it today)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

My impression (having not read whatever other game you're referring to) was that it was playful banter but maybe I'm just not in the loop.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

i got legit mad at kash for awhile

I never thought I'd be telling imgay this, but don't take Mafia too seriously :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

[quote="Venom Soag"
murnur seems not annotign this game which is ankoyign as i wanted to have a go at then
[/quote]

I'm sorry I'm not annotating my cases as much as normal but we're still early in the game. Feel free to have a go at me regardless

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

So you think I'm faking outrage not to defend my scumbud kash from death, but just to blend in as town?

I can't read your mind, I'm just saying that you seemed to get awfully mad at something that hadn't actually happened.

I'm kind of surprised that people don't seem to find BHB's low-effort votes and then excusing himself from casing people to be scummy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just got home from an all-day road trip and am catching up now. I just saw Infinitum's claim and would prefer not to vote him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jedit posted:

##vote TNL

Ain't no better way to hide scummy postin' than puttin' on a flavour gimmick.

Jedit posted:

And when a motherfucker talks about himself in the the third person, it's definitely time for a lynching.

##vote Jedit

That's the extent of his casework so far, and I'm suspicious of the fact that other people aren't bringing him up as a scum suspect (which makes me think he's protected scum).

I'm still suspcious of BHB but don't want to get rid of someone who is actually trying; I'm suspicious of Kash and BK but not enough to feel confident in my read; I think infinitum is town and don't want to vote there. I don't buy the case on iajanus but if someone wants to sell me on it they're welcome to.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

My hope, of course, is that there are people here to actually vote for who town thinks is scum; failing that I'll vote to help break a no-lynch if need be.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Are there enough people here to make the lynch happen and/or does someone want to stick up for him or bring up a better vote?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG3 posted:

That's lame. Also please remember to unvote when you vote because votefinder is broken

##unvote
[b[##vote Jedit[/b]

My bad.

And I would argue that anyone who doesn't want to be lurker lynched is welcome to actually make cases and play mafia. In the meantime, there's a realistic possibility that lurkers aren't posting because they're scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Jedit

:bang:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Half-hour. MT is the puppetmaster and the animes are her puppets, but anything's better than a no-lynch.

Don't let me stop you from making a better case!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Is that enough of a case for you MT?

I get more of a "new" impression than a "scummy" one on iajanus, and more of a "lurking scum" than "distracted town" impression on Jedit. Apparently I wasn't the only one.

Admittedly I'm suspicious at how easy people moved off iajanus to Jedit but that's information for town regardless.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Obviously the lynch isn't happening today and I'm okay with the case being tabled for tomorrow but MT if you genuinely think I'm scum then theoretically you've read my posts and it doesn't look like you have.

Of you and iajanus I find the nature of your case (that you seem so sure of it) to be more suspicious than the content itself - but we can save that conversation for D2 if we're both still here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Fair enough, having not seen any other games he's in I can only really base my impressions on what I see here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum - who'd you jail last night and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

mg wouldn't do wins like that, I assume this was the cause of australians

Were you jailed last night?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I want you to die, infinitum. That is what I want, you scumbo.

On a scale of 1-10 how sure are you that infinitum is scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I don't usually get this aggressive about my reads but this one I know

Duly noted. I'm curious to hear from everyone before I start drawing conclusions.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG3 posted:

I figured it would be obvious deadline wasn't in 15 mins when the day just started.

Was that an April Fool's joke or was the timing just a coincidence?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Everyone is having a go at me for joke posting D1

Get fuckedddddd
##vote MG3

I personally think you're scum because there seems to be a disconnect:

(a) you jailed imgay because you're suspicious of him
(b) imgay posts in the thread but doesn't mention being jailed

I feel like if you were town in that position, you'd be asking imgay to verify you're claim that he was jailed, which would at least help prove you're telling the truth about your claim. Instead of pursuing that train of thought, you throw a vote at MG3 for what appears to be a vote on you and a joke about deadline.

I'll hold off on voting for the sake of not rushing through things but this is an unofficial vote for infinitum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

verify your claim

mafia edit :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

what is he supposed to do? further badger someone who hasn't posted since he's been asked?

Let's say everyone's telling the truth:

D1/N1:
(a) Infinitum was almost lynched yesterday but survived by claiming jailer.
(b) Imgay goes to shoot someone (for the sake of example we'll say Kashuno) and is jailed.

D2:
(a) Imgay posts but doesn't mention anything about being jailed.
(b) Infinitum switches to MG3

So if I was Infinitum, I would be aware of the fact that imgay can verify my claim that I'm jailer and would ask him to do so. It'd be the first thing on my mind. Since imgay hadn't mentioned it, my next thought would be "is imgay, my primary scum suspect, lying about his vig claim?" and I would probably use that to try and sell people on the fact that imgay is lying scum.

That said, much like with Jedit I'm concerned with how willing people seem to be to quickly vote for him, which is concerning.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

So if I was Infinitum, I would be aware of the fact that imgay can verify my claim that I'm jailer and would ask him to do so. It'd be the first thing on my mind. Since imgay hadn't mentioned it, my next thought would be "is imgay, my primary scum suspect, lying about his vig claim?" and I would probably use that to try and sell people on the fact that imgay is lying scum.

I didn't finish that thought.

I get that I'm making a lot of assumptions about how Infinitum would play and I'm not saying I'm 100% sure of it, only that I find it suspicious that nothing really changed and yet Infinitum went from suspecting imgay to suspecting MG3. That's all.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I do think Infinitum's claim is more and more bullshit the more he posts though. He should have been the lynch yesterday until BK went all bleeding heart over the claim and then MT cottoned on and picked Lurker Jedit out of a hat to be the easy sacrifice, ignoring my case and the healthy suspicion on iajanus.

In order, I'd vote iajanus->Infititum->MT.

I'm not a huge fan of the narrative that I pick a name and whoever I say goes, goes. And I didn't ignore your case on iajanus, I just didn't agree with it - there are plenty of other players in the game you could have convinced.

While it sucks that Jedit was town, I feel reasonably confident with how easy that vote went that scum was probably in on it to some degree. One of whom may be iajanus!

Right now I'm back on Infinitum - I think giving a claim the benefit of the doubt is fine but the story he's telling feels fabricated to me (as mentioned already).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

i didn't try to shoot anyone last night and didn't get any message saying i was jailed or anything

Why didn't you try and shoot anyone last night?

(I can think of various reasons for this but want to hear it from imgay)

iajanus posted:

Well that sealed my vote. I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

##vote Infinitum

Aren't you the slightest bit concerned about "What if Infinitum is telling the truth and imgay is the one who's lying"? I'm starting to come around on BHB's initial read.

• Locked thread