Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote jedit

I'm out from now guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Infinitum - who'd you jail last night and why?

Jailed imgay.

He was my D1 vote, and was trying to block the gun he's claiming.
Didnt have anything else to go on and I was basically just trying to survive the night.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mate it sounds like you've got it out for me regardless.

What would you have done in my situation? Like the entire tone of this game is different to what I'm used to, I'm the D1 Lynch target, and then have to full claim in overtime.

My cards are all out on the table now, what do you want from me?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Can you go over your traveling salesman flavor and paraphrase it in its entirety?

Paraphrasing - I'm a down and out purveyor 'fine' goods and shoddy life insurance policies. Times were tough so now, carrying only what you I can hold in my day bag I hopped onto this wagon train attempting to travel the land and take my wares to the savages of the west.

MG3 posted:

Who's your scum pick?

imgay from last night.

Didn't have much chance to get a read on anyone yesterday.
I've just woken up so I've got some RL stuff to do this morning for a few hours, then I'll come back and have a proper read through the thread.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MG3 posted:

Deadline in 15 mins. . .

##vote infinitum

MG3 posted:

Lmao no not reall

MG3 posted:

I figured it would be obvious deadline wasn't in 15 mins when the day just started.

Everyone is having a go at me for joke posting D1

Get fuckedddddd
##vote MG3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No that's scum trying to get the 'easy' lynch in.

I'm at 4 or 5 votes I think now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many to lynch today Jimson? 6-7?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MG3 posted:

I hadn't considered it was April fools today before I made the joke but it could probably be considered one.

Yeah dance your way out of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's been asked to confirm already.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Instead of pursuing that train of thought

It's 1pm in Sydney.
I literally also just got back from lunch mate, and I see that poo poo.

I haven't had a chance to read through the thread/follow up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I actually forgot because he's been doing the role play thing and then posted regularly

I'm slowly going through the thread and doing a big arse post now, but you are pinging me hard at the moment and not just for the tunneling aspect.

He just said in his first line he had to drop the PR.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr suss on imgay and kash. imgay yet to confirm jail. Voting MG3 for super loving scummy 'joke' move earlier.

-----------------------------

I feel like I'm constantly on the back foot here at the moment and that's just rubbing me the wrong way.

D1 I'm the lynch target
OK fair enough, D1 is usually a shitfest for picks half the time anyway.

Lynch doesn't happen, overtime happens, and I need to full claim D1 of all things

Kashuno posted:

That literally he waited until "overtime" to claim?

Then I get crap like this from Kash for claiming in overtime.
The initial D1 deadline ended at 5am here, I was asleep. I'm not happy that I had to do it, but it was lucky I have overtime to claim.

Then D2's barely started and MG3 does this poo poo.

MG3 posted:

Deadline in 15 mins. . .

##vote infinitum

MG3 posted:

Lmao no not reall

MG3 posted:

I figured it would be obvious deadline wasn't in 15 mins when the day just started.

MG3 posted:

I hadn't considered it was April fools today before I made the joke but it could probably be considered one.

"lol joke jokes"
And the votes just keep piling up after that. gently caress that noise.

-----------------------

As for my suspects, I'm going with Kash and Imgay

I'm not going to to quote the full slapfight, but they were going at it hammer and tongs D1, then today Kash goes on a mega rampage tunneling me super loving hard.
Just push push pushing the lynch that didn't happen yesterday. Just look at his posts from the last few pages, just constant "WHY AREN'T YOU VOTING INF IT'S SO OBVIOUS"

To explain my imgay vote and jail, these 2 posts initially had me concerned.

imgay posted:

i have a gun but im not scum

imgay posted:

I already told you I can't fire my gun yet

imgay mentions a gun 2 times and he already has people convinced he's a vigilante for some reason.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it.

I breadcrumb, admittedly slowly as it was only D1, that I was a jailer and then suddenly that claim gets knocked back because "scum jailers are a thing"?
Some weird sort of disconnect there that doesn't grok with me.

Which is why I jailed him last night, as he was pinging me hard like he was collecting votes yesterday to activate the gun. Don't even know if he's dayvig or nightvig.
So until someone else investigates him, or imgay is willing to fullclaim properly, we just need to take his word for it.
As I said earlier he was asked to confirm the jail and he hasn't.

:siren: imgay please confirm or deny the jail :siren:

Something just doesn't grok with the way he's posting, and Kash is just angrily tunneling me hard.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Infinitum went from suspecting imgay to suspecting MG3. That's all.

See above.

imgay is still my pick for scum, but I'm constantly under pressure at the moment and MG3 pulls that 'joke' poo poo.
Pissed me off and was a scummy move.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems like a lovely thing to do when I got called out by every man and his dog for trying to extend joke-phase yesterday and you pull that poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MG3 posted:

You say you're posting to gauge a reaction, but then say it's a joke when you get called out on it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

self-awareness isn't really mags' strong suit

I haven't played with him before, does he normally post like that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or is it, as they say, 'A dick move'?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Figured.

I'm the super easy push today, scum weeding off as much town as possible seems the logical move.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Who you wanna vote

Are you even reading the thread mate?

I've voted already.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I got a successful action, so I don't know what to tell you.

iajanus posted:

I'm working on the assumption that being gaoled would get you some sort of message.

He'd get an action blocked message if he did anything, you know that and that's a lazy rear end "me 2" vote if I ever saw one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How about you unvote until you get the confirmation then?

I'm pretty sure I'm close to hammer here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I did express an opinion..

quote:

To explain my imgay vote and jail, these 2 posts initially had me concerned.

imgay posted:

i have a gun but im not scum

imgay posted:

I already told you I can't fire my gun yet

imgay mentions a gun 2 times and he already has people convinced he's a vigilante for some reason.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jailer is a very common scum role and I think jailing a claimed vigilante is a scummy use of it.

I breadcrumb, admittedly slowly as it was only D1, that I was a jailer and then suddenly that claim gets knocked back because "scum jailers are a thing"?
Some weird sort of disconnect there that doesn't grok with me.

Which is why I jailed him last night, as he was pinging me hard like he was collecting votes yesterday to activate the gun. Don't even know if he's dayvig or nightvig.
So until someone else investigates him, or imgay is willing to fullclaim properly, we just need to take his word for it.
As I said earlier he was asked to confirm the jail and he hasn't.

:siren: imgay please confirm or deny the jail :siren:

Something just doesn't grok with the way he's posting, and Kash is just angrily tunneling me hard.

This is just another lazy vote without even reading the thread.
I'm starting to agree with BHB's and MT's on iajanus, and I'm gonna laugh my arse off if you end up being scum in both games Bird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flying Leatherman posted:

Infinitum's flavor claim is not one that I believe, and the justification was extraordinarily weak (this and this). The fact that he's still alive today instead of wins is honestly baffling if he's really a town PR. I'd vote him again today, but I'm not going to put him at -1 with 11 hours left.

I'm sure there's at least a few other flavour texts out there that don't match the players abilities 100% either.

Leaving me alive is a good Scum play, as all the suspicion has been on me at the end of D1 and into overtime. It's the smart move to keep me alive to get lynched.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Another town dead.

Good job idiots.
:ughh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*puts clocks back to regular times*

:ghost:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also gently caress you Kash for tunnelling the poo poo out of me. :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

... I feel like I need to start a sequel Mafia game now where you guys are all in valhalla after killing god lmfao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcTrIHrpUM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I didn't have any gun, nor did I have any other abilities aside from being the traitor. I made up my own fakeclaim to survive the 1st day.

I was honestly just trying to survive till D3 then I was going to reveal I was a traitor to get lynched in the hopes of giving scum team 2 back-to-back nights of kills.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I'm still trying to figure out why Kash would tunnel me so hard when we were on the same team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I read the role PMs and scumdoc and it didn't look like everyone knew I was on the scum team.

• Locked thread