Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?
Yes, it's a Sandwich.
No, it's not a Sandwich.
View Results

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
One sausage in a bun, please

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A flatbread is a bread made with flour, water and salt, and then thoroughly rolled into flattened dough.

You'll notice the conspicuous absence of a leavening agent. Checkmate.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
a hotdog is a friend

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This is the definition of a sandwich: A sandwich is a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein two or more pieces of bread serve as a container or wrapper for some other food.

You are just making things up to seem smart. Hot dogs and burritos are sandwiches

Not at all according to the specifications laid down by the Earl of Sandwich, two pieces of bread is all that he sought his name be applied to. A single-bread item is something held in a trencher.

And the USDA definition of sandwich only focuses on the percentage of bread vs non-bread content.

Only sandwiches are sandwiches, everything else has a proper name.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

No, as they can be held sideways and hoagie bread and hoagie fixings will remain in place. Horizontality is an overlooked but absolutely necessary condition for an item to be a sandwich.

A hot dog can never be held sideways because of its true nature as an open-faced comestible. Its true designation is as a "long tartine", not a sandwich.

get a load of this fancy boy

i got a long tartine for you right here pal

also, what would you call an open faced turkey sandwich, you big idiot? did you learn that in college in between your marijuana hookahs and your sex yogas?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You'll notice the conspicuous absence of a leavening agent. Checkmate.

A flatbread is a bread made with flour, water and salt, and then thoroughly rolled into flattened dough. Many flatbreads are unleavened—made without yeast—although some are slightly leavened, such as pita bread.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Not at all according to the specifications laid down by the Earl of Sandwich, two pieces of bread is all that he sought his name be applied to. A single-bread item is something held in a trencher.

And the USDA definition of sandwich only focuses on the percentage of bread vs non-bread content.

more BS that has nothing to do with sandwiches, you never even tried to say why I am wrong, just made up definitions that don't even exist.

Come back when you have some real sandwich knowledge

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
ya'll needa worry more about making bread than making bread if you catch the lingo

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
get back to work

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

im sick and bored and about to make a burrito sandwich

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im gonna get a footlong, hth

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

get a load of this fancy boy

i got a long tartine for you right here pal

also, what would you call an open faced turkey sandwich, you big idiot? did you learn that in college in between your marijuana hookahs and your sex yogas?
Fancy boy? I'm not the one eating large turkey canapés, put a god drat second or third piece of bread on there and quit acting like a french duke trying not to soil his silk gloves. Open faced sandwiches are an aristocratic invention.

The Earl of Sandwich was the first man of nobility to buck this vulgarity of the landed gentry with their gross displays of heaped single breads.

May he rest in peace and his ancestors never see this terrible thread.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

im sick and bored and about to make a burrito sandwich

you sone of a bitch thats a casserole and you drat well know it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle: :gay: :monocle:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101: :a2m: :eng101:

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
I really want a hotdog now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Flour tortillas are also used to make fajitas, sandwiches, casseroles and stews, and there are numerous other uses.

Game. Set. Match.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If the Bocuse d'Or put held an international, seeded, all comers Hot Dog challenge and you brought out a mirrored tray of two-bread covered sandwiches you'd be loving eliminated because a Hot Dog is not a sandwich.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
if a hot dog was listed under "sandwiches" somewhere id probably not buy it lol

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Corn tortillas > flour tortillas, summarily, and in each & every possible way.

Also, W.T.F. is a tartine LOLOL?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

excuse me, phyllis? i will have a slice of pie, a long tartine and a turkey canape. also, tell that gang of truckers what i ordered while i prep my ribs for the well-deserved savage beating im going to receive

Anderron Shi posted:

Also, W.T.F. is a tartine LOLOL?

go ask your mom

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

This thread's idea of a what a 'sandwich' is:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

excuse me, phyllis? i will have a slice of pie, a long tartine and a turkey canape. also, tell that gang of truckers what i ordered while i prep my ribs for the well-deserved savage beating im going to receive

go ask your mom

You're lewd.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Then Trump is elected he will appoint Doobie as his Dog Czar and we will finally have an official answer.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is that a motherfucking pizza cone?

Yes I want to know more.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

lookit those tasty sandwiches

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

no it's a cheap sausage made from pig anus you 20 retard fucks

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
On its own a hotdog is simply a piece of meat. No bread. Now a hot dog AND bun. Well now you've opened up a can of worms.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Wafflz posted:

Yes I want to know more.

this is america buddy and thats all you need to know. we've got food that'll make your dick wet and your pussy hard

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

i like every word of this post

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Listen up you idiot sons of bitches! If the bread is cooked with the fillings, it is not a sandwich. Pizza not a sandwich, calzone not a sandwich, taquito not a sandwich, corn dog not a sandwich. This doesn't settle the issue of hot dogs or burritos but it is a good start.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Wafflz posted:

Yes I want to know more.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BZ9AWK/?tag=097-20&ascsubtag=v3_1_4_61_21956_0_

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Pound_Coin posted:

now put that between some buns and you got yourself a sandwich

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

Yeah, but if you put it in a bun is it a cheap pig anus sandwich? You've solved nothing, idiot!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Germstore posted:

Listen up you idiot sons of bitches! If the bread is cooked with the fillings, it is not a sandwich. Pizza not a sandwich, calzone not a sandwich, taquito not a sandwich, corn dog not a sandwich. This doesn't settle the issue of hot dogs or burritos but it is a good start.

its called a parm and im gonna have to ask you to turn in your gun and your key to the executive five guys

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Shaquin posted:

its called a parm and im gonna have to ask you to turn in your gun and your key to the executive five guys

TOASTING IS NOT COOKING! I EXPECTED BETTER OFF YOU! FUUUUUUCK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Germstore posted:

not a sandwich lol

• Locked thread