Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Trackmania Turbo was released on March 24th. We don't have a thread yet for this fun game, so this is the thread.

Platforms
- Playstation 4
- Xbox One
- PC - requires Uplay.

Ok, but for those of us couch surfers looking to play one of the best arcade racing series of all time. Trackmania has finally made the move to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 gaming machines.

Trackmania Turbo contains 4 different racing environments. It brings Trackmania 2's Stadium, Canyon, and Valley environments as well as a brand new "Roller Coaster Lagoon" environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBnVGJMieC0

The game comes with over 200 premade tracks along with a track editor to create new tracks, Trackmania Turbo also has a random track generator, that randomly builds a track while you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJgV5h11DiI

Multiplayer allows you to do time trial racing with upto 100 other players (collision free for new players to the series).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlnV1tRTdU

Trackmania Turbo also has what sounds like a pretty bad game mode (maybe it's fun, I dunno). It allows you to do um, COOP driving... Um yea, 2 players driving one car with 2 controllers, really not sure how that one works, sounds weird as gently caress to me! Also has 4 player split screen.

Like I said above at the beginning, this game on PC seems to have lost a lot of the customization that's fun in Trackmania2, also gone is the dedicated servers and the mod-ability of Trackmania2. Oh and it also requires the use of UPlay.

Looks like a really fun game for consoles. Maybe a good game for PC, but probably better to just wait for them to release the new environment into Trackmania 2 instead.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had it for an hour on PC, then returned it. The driving itself? loving awesome. Seriously, it's probably better than TM2. I've played every version of Trackmania and it's up there with the best of them. Everything AROUND the driving though is a hot mess.

- I've got a Joystick as well as a XBone Controller. If the joystick is plugged in, your car will accelerate for you 100% of the time. While this is great for a PF track, if you ever need to ACTUALLY slow down, you're screwed (obviously). Note that when I was looking into this bug, some people reported that their car would reverse 100% of the time.

- The Xbone controller drops out and cannot re-connect.

- When you exit the game, it kills your mouse driver. You can drag your mouse around the screen (at about 5FPS), but you can't click on anything and the mouse will make weird noises while you drag it uselessly around the screen. The only fix so far is to reset your computer.

- I had 2 crashes to desktop. Both of which resulted in the mouse bug. So it would crash, then I'd need to restart the computer anyway.

- There's basically no car customisation. While I couldn't care less about that, this seems to be an issue for people.

- The "Classic" track maker is buried in an option menu within the track maker itself. Interestingly enough, in this menu I found the options to rebind the keyboard\mouse controls for the racing. It wouldn't let me change anything, but so far this is the only place where it MIGHT be possible to change the key bindings.

- Nobody's really sure how you share those awesome tracks that you can make.

- Motherfucking UPlay

+/- The moddability of the game seems to be in question. It doesn't look like you can do much. I think this is a good thing because I hated all the extra crap that would clutter up a screen on some servers, but a lot of people seemed to like that poo poo.

+/- The controller issues MIGHT be a problem on Microsoft's end. However I have no controller issues in any other game so I find those claims to be awful suspect.

+ Once you find the classic track maker, it's as good as ever.

+ Works fine with KB\Mouse. Except that it seems to kill your mouse.

+ Seriously, the driving is awesome. I'm a sad panda that everything else is broken because I was having a blast.

It's definitely NOT worth the price of admission at the moment. If it was half price I would tentatively recommend buying it and hoping they fix all the controller issues later, albeit hesitantly. The game itself is awesome, it just breaks everything when you play it. I'm gonna give it 6 months, then pick it up in a sale after they've fixed everything. Or maybe in 6 months the game has died a painful death. We'll wait and see. If there's a patch that comes out and fixes everything, do let us know because then I'll probably buy the game again and be as happy as a pig in poo poo.

H13 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 25, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I hadn't tried it on PC. But they did just port Trackmania Turbo to PC from the console versions, and they did a really bad job of it. The best option is to wait until Nadeo releases the Roller Coaster environment into Trackmania 2.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh man. It gets worse.

I found out how to share tracks.

https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/

Now since you can't NAME your tracks, when you click on "Tracks" you get a whole bunch of <NUMBER> by <USER>

That's gonna make it real easy to identify specific tracks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No, I was serious in the OP, don't buy this for PC. Nadeo never intended this to be a PC game. Its literally a port of the console. Buy it for PS4 or Xbox one and have a nice time chilling on the couch.

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011
I like track 45 by Nadeo, so that naming convention works out for me. As is the game on PC. Runs without any problems, no controller woes neither using the xbox 360 wireless controller.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I want more leader board people with times to race agains and get upset by. I'm playing on ps4, 'neilinnyc'

We're moving into a new office this week with a gaming projector, I'm so hyped for hot seat multiplayer.
You can do double driver in hot seat too, so up to 16 players making up 8 teams.

Anyone found a list of which codes do what in the 'secret' multiplayer mode? Wouldn't mind having the split screen Mario kart style one and micro machines ones on hand (both feature collisions and 'weapons' are boosts and a car launcher, with the cars staying on and cluttering up the track)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Platforms
- PC (Don't buy this, it's just a console port that somehow doesn't have controller support). Requires Uplay.

:confused: My game detects and uses my 360 pad just fine? It even dynamically switches input prompts between pad and keyboard if I swap what I'm using.

Having said that, the game and the driving itself owns but the UI for the editor is goddamn awful.

I'd like more friends for ghosts if anyone still has this on PC, I'm BearRaid on Uplay.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

AirRaid posted:

:confused: My game detects and uses my 360 pad just fine? It even dynamically switches input prompts between pad and keyboard if I swap what I'm using.

Having said that, the game and the driving itself owns but the UI for the editor is goddamn awful.

I'd like more friends for ghosts if anyone still has this on PC, I'm BearRaid on Uplay.

I'm not playing it on PC so I am just posting second hand information. But a lot of folks have had severe issues with setting up controllers with the game.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I've spent a pretty good amount of time with this in the beta, and more recently, the demo. It seems rad, but i've got some concerns about its long term appeal if playing custom tracks with others is difficult to impossible. One of my favorite things about nations when I played it all those years ago was hopping on to a server and discovering some hot new garbage that someone spent a few minutes slapping together in the editor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OneDeadlyBum posted:

I've spent a pretty good amount of time with this in the beta, and more recently, the demo. It seems rad, but i've got some concerns about its long term appeal if playing custom tracks with others is difficult to impossible. One of my favorite things about nations when I played it all those years ago was hopping on to a server and discovering some hot new garbage that someone spent a few minutes slapping together in the editor.

Yes, this is a just reason to be concerned. You can join random servers started by someone with random maps on it, but it's not nearly as good as it is with Trackmania2 (and nations) where they have actual dedicated servers just running with thousands of random tracks in circulation.

Also, it's really brave of Nadeo to put the rankings the same way in this new version, it directly shows the user base for the game. As of when I played it Friday night, there was less than 30,000 people in America that have the game on Xbox One (it's like in the 200ks for worldwide). Although Trackmania has always been a national game with more players playing outside of America, it's still interesting to me.

I think ultimately, the real appeal of Trackmania Turbo is the split screen options and the super arcade style of the game. Would be a good fun game to have running in the background of a party. Especially with being able to have upto 16 people playing with the double driver mode.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This game is really fun and I like the rollercoaster lagoon setting.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
There are a little over 400k on ps4, but only 10k in the US. Should break a million sold on consoles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

cubicle gangster posted:

There are a little over 400k on ps4, but only 10k in the US. Should break a million sold on consoles.

Beta data carried over to the full release, iirc. The demo version definitely lets you participate on the leaderboards too, so these numbers might be slightly inflated.

I enjoyed the demo enough on PS4, but decided to pull the trigger on PC instead. In spite of the awful reviews, it seems to be doing okay for itself, as evidenced by my screenshot and Steamcharts

edit: The initial setup sucks. It's annoying to have to go through an extra step by setting up a uPlay account. Fullscreen mode can be weird, the interface was the right aspect ratio, but the game was rendered in 4:3 and then stretched to fill which looked bad. My controller is accepted as a dinput device (even though it's xinput), so both triggers can't be engaged simultaneously. I adjusted by using A to brake and initiate drifts, which works well enough. Apparently, patches are coming to fix controller issues, and i've heard that some method of track sharing / naming is coming eventually, too. Most of the problems I had with the game on PC were solved with a little bit of tinkering, and haven't been a problem since. YMMV.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Big Bad Worf fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 27, 2016

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
like the other games in this series, this is fun as poo poo.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
the campaign certainly does not gently caress around. I think I spent an hour getting gold on level... 44? The second tier of canyon that involves a shitload of drifting.

I'm kind of dreading going into the second tier of valley, that's deffo my least favorite area type.

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008
Canyon and stadium are fun, gently caress the swamp buggy races

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Looks like playing the maps you want online is easier than I initially thought. I was just kind of joining whatever servers that were showing me they had players in them, but making your own room allows you to specify exactly what's going to be played and for how long, down to little details like what order for the maps, how long, which environments, or even your own custom tracks. Your playlist gets sent to the master server, and then a server with your name on it is created.

You don't have to pay for it to be hosted or keep your PC on, and if you edit the room instead of deleting it, others can favorite it and come back at a later point. It's a little less direct than pasting in an IP, but with a tiny bit of extra effort in terms of coordination outside of the game itself, most of what you'd expect with a dedicated server is possible in this game, even on the console versions.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

AirRaid posted:

the UI for the editor is goddamn awful.

Just in case you didn't know (I didn't realize it for a while myself), you can switch to "classic mode" in the editor, and never have to think about the console-centric shitfest that it defaults to again.

OneDeadlyBum posted:

Looks like playing the maps you want online is easier than I initially thought. I was just kind of joining whatever servers that were showing me they had players in them, but making your own room allows you to specify exactly what's going to be played and for how long, down to little details like what order for the maps, how long, which environments, or even your own custom tracks. Your playlist gets sent to the master server, and then a server with your name on it is created.

You don't have to pay for it to be hosted or keep your PC on, and if you edit the room instead of deleting it, others can favorite it and come back at a later point. It's a little less direct than pasting in an IP, but with a tiny bit of extra effort in terms of coordination outside of the game itself, most of what you'd expect with a dedicated server is possible in this game, even on the console versions.

That's good information--I wasn't really sure what was going on with that. Now that i know, I'll probably have a room soon for those who are feeling masochistic and miss the old platform tracks. :)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
No idea there was a new one out. loving love this series. Shame about the PC port, since thats what I want it on.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I think my final verdict on the PC port is, if you have the option to buy it on one of the consoles, do it. I happen to think that the technical issues with the PC port are forgivable (and the major ones are being patched), but even the Xbox One version simply has more players and you'll have an easier time playing the maps you want with other players online, just by virtue of the fact that there's more players around to join your room instead of someone else's.

If you aren't too picky about what you play online or the console versions are inaccessible to you, the PC port will probably be perfectly serviceable for most people in a patch or two. If you have any doubts, apparently a demo is coming to PC "soon", i've seen next week thrown around as an ETA.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
This is my first time with the franchise. I was lucky enough to be in the closed-beta, and my time with that sold the game to be big-time. Have been playing the poo poo out of it since it came out (or rather, since the Euro pre-order kerfuffle was sorted :argh:). I'm giving it a break for a while now, however, since its done a number on my hands :haw:

One thing that was interesting to learn, initially when seeing the beta, but *very* much so when seeing the full game, was that contrary to what I'd previously been exposed to (people chillaxing on heavily customised servers, listening to Cher remixes and dub-step), Trackmania has got some legit challenge to it. The campaign progression is pretty brutal.

9 tiers into the campaign was enough to get me to 63/404712 ranking :stare:

So to see the Black Series tracks *at all* in a solo-campaign context, I need to gold the previous 160 tracks? :crossarms: Trials (traditionally my favoured time-trial poison) uses medals (mostly) to open up its campaign, but is nowhere near as harsh. Unlocking the 'Extreme' track tiers doesn't require you to gold-medal every prior track.

Moving on, a couple of questions:

* What is the deal with 'Joker' medals? EDIT: As summarised by someone over at the TMT forums: "You race on a track, get stuck on silver medal and after 2x getting the silver you can trade those 2 silver medals for 1 gold medal on this particular track."
* When 'stunt' mode is available, are stunts worth doing from a time-trial perspective? [1]
* What crazy junk do I need to smoke to be able to understand what the bloody hell the Record Center is trying to show?

[1] If it turns out that stunts are worthwhile, I'm in some trouble. Not so easy to use the analogue sticks when you're racing with buttons and DPAD.

Add magimix2000 on PS4; I crave leaderboard friends

magimix fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 27, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

aas Bandit posted:

Just in case you didn't know (I didn't realize it for a while myself), you can switch to "classic mode" in the editor, and never have to think about the console-centric shitfest that it defaults to again.

Where is this option hidden? I didn't find it and I'd love to start making GBS threads out track like I did with sunrise and nations.

E: gently caress, need to remember to actually check that top bar settings button, found it. My single disappointment about this game is gone. :krad:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 27, 2016

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Any major advantage to getting it on the PS4 over the Xbox One or vice versa?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

de la peche posted:

Apparently runs somewhat better on PS4 - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-trackmania-turbo-performance-analysis

Beyond that, I figure there'd be a capacity for greater sales on PS4 due to install base, and thus more scope for leaderboard competition, lasting multi-player, user-created content, and so forth.

Not that I'd call any of that *major* though, with respect to your question.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

de la peche posted:

Get it for the system you like best and the system you and your buddies have controllers for the split screen action! Seriously, you can have upto 16 people play this poo poo with double driver.

From what cubical gangster posted, it looks like the game has 3 times the userbase on Xbox One in the US with about double the playerbase worldwide on PS4. But, there is basically no chat functionality in the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 27, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Played about with the proper editor and knocked up something half decent pretty quickly.

https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/maps/mOwJc74wr96kkmAbZbINoc8JZtc

Forgot to set a proper thumbnail though.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

magimix posted:

* What crazy junk do I need to smoke to be able to understand what the bloody hell the Record Center is trying to show?

I spent some time trying to figure this out last night. (If I was near my PS4 now I would get screens) When you first go in it shows how you compare to the other people on your friends list. The first number that's highlighted gold is how many tracks you have a better time on, and the second is the number of tracks their time is better than yours. An example would be

You vs. Me 25 - 10
In this case, you have a better time than mine on 25 tracks , and my time is better than yours on 10.

Once you pick someone to compare to, it has separate lists of track records for each player. Your times are on the left, the other person's times are on the right. Then it breaks down into a track by track basis, showing your time and the split time for your friend.

One thing I would like to see is a master list with all your friends for each track in the leaderboards rather than having to select individual tracks to compare.

Feel free to add me, I am Backup_Snacks on PSN.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

AirRaid posted:

Played about with the proper editor and knocked up something half decent pretty quickly.

https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/maps/mOwJc74wr96kkmAbZbINoc8JZtc

Forgot to set a proper thumbnail though.

Added you and your track to my favorites. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it will make it easy to find. :) Also, yeah, the thumbnail thing. Goddammit. I did the same thing on my first track and apparently there's no way to delete/redo upload, whatever? Bleh.

Edit: Okay, that's pretty fun! I had to add it to a room to play it--is that the way stuff works, or am I missing something?
The room with your track is here: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5892

I got 40 seconds and change, after a couple of runs. Is there some way to see how that compares to medal times or master/author time?

Do we want to make a general "Goon Tracks" room for PC? I'd be happy to add whatever tracks in there people make if they post them...
Disclaimer: If something's really lovely, like going around in an oval for 23 laps, I'm not going to force people to play your lovely troll tracks. :)

Anyway, if anyone wants to give this a try, it's a relatively short (master time 50 seconds), but balls-hard valley platform track. I'm curious how long it takes someone to finish it. :)
https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/maps/pqQTwt2PQfdUy6EFhJAKjtSCCK7

My room with the track is here: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/8601
I'll be adding more tracks to that room that will make you swear a lot.

Edit2: I'm on PC and am "aasBandit" on UPlay if anyone wants to add me.

Goku, how about adding a list of platforms/users to the OP?

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 31, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Would this be worth picking up on PC for $25.50? I know the multiplayer is dumbed down but I use to play Nations Forever back in the day and all I liked doing was getting zen, cruising around the track while listening to the radio.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Call Me Charlie posted:

Would this be worth picking up on PC for $25.50? I know the multiplayer is dumbed down but I use to play Nations Forever back in the day and all I liked doing was getting zen, cruising around the track while listening to the radio.

I already bought it for full price, so I'm kinda biased, but in my opinion while the UI and various features are a little hosed up, the gameplay itself feels really good. I've driven all the Trackmania games, and this one feels better to me than any of the previous ones. I hope they bring whatever handling changes they made for this game over to Maniaplanet/TM4/whatever.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

magimix posted:

9 tiers into the campaign was enough to get me to 63/404712 ranking :stare:

So to see the Black Series tracks *at all* in a solo-campaign context, I need to gold the previous 160 tracks? :crossarms: Trials (traditionally my favoured time-trial poison) uses medals (mostly) to open up its campaign, but is nowhere near as harsh. Unlocking the 'Extreme' track tiers doesn't require you to gold-medal every prior track.

Moving on, a couple of questions:

* What is the deal with 'Joker' medals? EDIT: As summarised by someone over at the TMT forums: "You race on a track, get stuck on silver medal and after 2x getting the silver you can trade those 2 silver medals for 1 gold medal on this particular track."
* When 'stunt' mode is available, are stunts worth doing from a time-trial perspective? [1]

[1] If it turns out that stunts are worthwhile, I'm in some trouble. Not so easy to use the analogue sticks when you're racing with buttons and DPAD.

I'd imagine the black series maps almost require you to be able to gold medal (or joker gold) every stage before it in order to even be competitive in it. I think i played a couple of them on random multiplayer yesterday and the people in 1st/2nd/3rd were the people who were able to finish the map with less than 3 checkpoint restarts.

also how the gently caress did you gold 55 I cannot for the life of me figure that map out.

(Also, try beating your current record on 23. That's a really easy map to trackmaster imo)

e: regarding jokers, I think you need to get three silver medals to trade it in for one gold (or three copper for one silver).

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I'm kitchengun on PSN. CrackMania rides again!

Alex Earl Cash
Feb 21, 2011

Arrrthritis posted:

how the gently caress did you gold 55

Approach the first hill climb as if it where a u-turn and don't land sideways on the speed boost in front of the fields 2 corners later.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

aas Bandit posted:

Added you and your track to my favorites. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it will make it easy to find. :) Also, yeah, the thumbnail thing. Goddammit. I did the same thing on my first track and apparently there's no way to delete/redo upload, whatever? Bleh.

Edit: Okay, that's pretty fun! I had to add it to a room to play it--is that the way stuff works, or am I missing something?
The room with your track is here: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5675

I got 40 seconds and change, after a couple of runs. Is there some way to see how that compares to medal times or master/author time?

Do we want to make a general "Goon Tracks" room for PC? I'd be happy to add whatever tracks in there people make if they post them...
Disclaimer: If something's really lovely, like going around in an oval for 23 laps, I'm not going to force people to play your lovely troll tracks. :)

Anyway, if anyone wants to give this a try, it's a relatively short (master time 50 seconds), but balls-hard valley platform track. I'm curious how long it takes someone to finish it. :)
https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/maps/pqQTwt2PQfdUy6EFhJAKjtSCCK7

My room with the track is here: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5700
I'll be adding more tracks to that room that will make you swear a lot.

Thanks! I tried your track and uh, wow. Balls hard indeed. I'm not a huge fan of those stupid hard platform tracks though. I only made it to the 2nd checkpoint. :ohdear:

I made another track, Rollercoaster lagoon this time. Then I made a second one using mostly the same road but in reverse!

Direction 1
Reverse Direction

I made a room with those two tracks in it - https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5802

I think I did that right.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
Okay, another track--I had fun playing around with the new Lagoon environment this time. I really love the boardwalk surface.

This one isn't as hard as the previous valley track, but is still very much a trials/platform track. It's also a bit longer (5 CPs) and the AT is about 1:40 (and I hosed up once--it could be down below 1:30 with a clean run).

The gravity-warp track surface is fun and different, and lends itself to some interesting stunts.

Track: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/maps/Djhia3QhhkOcZHH0lR_8wvVU5Oa
I added it to my trials/platform room here: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/8601

Track screenie:

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 31, 2016

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

AirRaid posted:

Thanks! I tried your track and uh, wow. Balls hard indeed. I'm not a huge fan of those stupid hard platform tracks though. I only made it to the 2nd checkpoint. :ohdear:

I made another track, Rollercoaster lagoon this time. Then I made a second one using mostly the same road but in reverse!

Direction 1
Reverse Direction

I made a room with those two tracks in it - https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5802

I think I did that right.

Yeah, it's pretty tough, and where you stopped (getting to the last CP) is probably the toughest bit. The one I just uploaded is a bit easier. :)

I added your tracks to my room but I realized I have it set to 60 minutes.
How the gently caress do you change the game mode details for a room? Do you really have to delete/remake the room?! That can't be right, can it?

Edit: gently caress it. Remade the room: https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/pc/rooms/5892
Someone else link some tracks on PC that they made, and I'll add them too.

Edit2: I like 8 better than 7, except that you overjump the tunnel on 8 (at roughly 30 seconds) if you're going too fast. That part sucks--you should never be penalized for going too fast in a normal race track. :(

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 27, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah I tried a bunch of things for that tunnel jump, couldnt quite get it to work right.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

This game is cool and good. I'm still in the green series, but I've been golding every track before moving on to the next one. Hard but fun.

I'm HubbaDucky on PSN, feel free to add me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008
Is there an easy way to see which servers are running the harder maps? I want to give the black series a go but haven't sorted out golds on all the previous campaign tracks yet.

Also I've no idea how the global rankings work, but still :whatup:

http://m.imgur.com/omvEqUs

• Locked thread