Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sonofsilversign posted:

not regularly no but ive done it yeah like i said sometimes i actually leave my house to do things. have you never gone to a bar alone to have a drink and maybe meet some people?

lol ive worked on bars all my life, i used to be a loving bouncer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Sonofsilversign posted:

not regularly no but ive done it yeah like i said sometimes i actually leave my house to do things. have you never gone to a bar alone to have a drink and maybe meet some people?

no because going to a bar alone to meet people is loving sad and I have friends.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im convinced nobody younger than me has done real molly more than 30% of the times theyve had the chance and bought something

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Rape Stink posted:

Reading is good. Reading at a bar is stupid and pointless.

What other stupid places do you read at? strip clubs? concerts? raves? the gym?

lol do you get really mad when you see someone looking at their phone on the bus?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
eww I never thought I'd end up on the same side as enfield... I need to go evaluate where I went wrong

maybe I'll go read a book alone in a bar like a loving nutjob.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sonofsilversign posted:

lol do you get really mad when you see someone looking at their phone on the bus?

the bus isnt a place of social gathering its more of a public transportation system

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Sonofsilversign posted:

no because a bus is an appropriate place to do that. unlike reading at a bar

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
"Another Horace."

"I've just watched you down about ten fingers of that rye in half the minutes whats got your goat?"

"You see that son of a bitch in the corner? Well one more whiskey and I think I'm gonna go shove that copy of Gravity's Rainbow right up his rear end in a top hat."

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Enfield posted:

lol ive worked on bars all my life, i used to be a loving bouncer

if the bar has a bouncer its probably not one you are gonna be able to read in barreading protip

Rape Stink posted:

no because going to a bar alone to meet people is loving sad and I have friends.

you sound like a small town boy you have my condolences see us city folk sometimes want to spend time with people other than the ones we went to high school with

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Rape Stink posted:

no because a bus is an appropriate place to do that. unlike reading at a bar

okay but what if they looked at thier phone at the gym? would that be okay with you?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
youre obviously some sort of retard so im leaving forever. bye

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Enfield posted:

this guy is mad

mad about reading in bars

go with god friend

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Sonofsilversign posted:

you sound like a small town boy you have my condolences see us city folk sometimes want to spend time with people other than the ones we went to high school with

lol I've spent my whole life in Philly and NYC

The bar you describe literally doesn't exist in either of those cities. Well maybe in Brooklyn but Brooklyn sucks poo poo now.

Enfield posted:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol @ people who read books in public places. stupid loving assholes

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
itt Sonofsilversign is revealed to be a nerd and desperately tries to defend himself

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hmmm i feel the need to go to a public place so everyone can see what a cultured dumb shithead i am. chicks dig it. i mean guys dig it. because im gray (-r)

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im gonna go in somebody importants office maybe the local mayors and start reading in there with lavar burtons star trek head band on and when he asks me what the hell im doing ill tell him hes on camera and to proceed carefully if he doesnt want to be indicted by the "Reading Rainbow" maybe a little lispy to make the rainbow part give him second thoughts about dismissing me out of hand

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
LOOK AT ME EVERYONE!!! IM READING A BOOK!!!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

what are you reading

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

what a bibliophile disgusting

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*is a virgin*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

what are you reading

atheist screeds, ancient scrolls written by marxist philosophers, etc. uou probably wouldnt understand:smug:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

atheist screeds, ancient scrolls written by marxist philosophers, etc. uou probably wouldnt understand:smug:

i only read romance scrolls

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*is unemployed*

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im reading Teatro Grottesco

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

im reading Teatro Grottesco

is that a scroll?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
if ever there was, yes

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you are reading a book at the bar and get really drunk the bouncers will be scared to throw you out in-case you start screaming RAPE! because you identify as a woman.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

if ever there was, yes

i prefer the ergonomics of a scroll to the guttenberg page turning fascist bullshit that is pushed on us by the big book media

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

spud posted:

If you are reading a book at the bar and get really drunk the bouncers will be scared to throw you out in-case you start screaming RAPE! because you identify as a woman.

its because theyll think your a badass assassin awaiting your target and its no book at all but instead a clever cover for your daggers with hilts shaped like celtic crosses

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

i prefer the ergonomics of a scroll to the guttenberg page turning fascist bullshit that is pushed on us by the big book media

let it hang i say, roll it out there

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

its like waving a flag that says "im in a protected class and if you interact with me i will be a oval office!" also instead of flag it also means flag (-l)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

let it hang i say, roll it out there

i like to read my documents with a sliced lemon and a hair dryer in case i find a secret masonic code

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
just havin a beer at the SCROLL BAR

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

just havin a beer at the SCROLL BAR

you just gave me a great idea

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i was pretty sure you were illiterate tho?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

i was pretty sure you were illiterate tho?

huh huh hurr yep thats why im so anti-book, because it hurrts my feelings and makes me feel inferior. i have downs syndrome

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i loving love it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

dad gay. so what posted:

you just gave me a great idea

an app for horny singles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU