Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I bought this during Early Access, crashed a bunch in the Mini Cooper, then finally started getting the hang of things....and then I bought a Lancia Stratos. :smith:

If the Stratos daunts you, the 037 is even nuttier. The rear always looks for an exit if you even look at the throttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Did the benchmark for the league.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'd say the Fulvia is outright worse than the Mini. It's slightly bigger with a worse power-band and with 200 extra kilos for an extra 15 horses, it's power to weight ratio is not very good either.

BTW Joe, do you plan on doing any Rally Trophy to see how different driving games do these things?

Triple A fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 27, 2016

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

tlarn posted:

This Back-to-the-Future rear end car is making me want to pick the game up, realtalk

Get ready to learn why roll cages matter the hard way then.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
The latest patch just arrived. It's a big one.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Keeper Garrett posted:

I am thinking of getting WRC+ for the rest of the season... does anyone else here have that subscription? Is it worth it?

If you like watching a French robot win yet another championship, then go ahead.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Keeper Garrett posted:

Let my horrific times be a lesson to anyone thinking a 360 controller is good enough to handle a Cosworth!

It's not a matter of what you use to control it, it's more about being able to do throttle control really well. Also, it has a classic laggy turbo so it becomes even more important.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Shine posted:

Try the new 1960s Renault if you haven't. It's the fastest 60s car, and a blast to drive. Not quite Lancia Stratos fun, but much less temperamental. Makes a nice "baby's first sketchy car."

A real babby's first sketchy car should be something that's cheap, easy to repair and common like VW Beetle. Those things used to be very popular rally cars.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Group B was killed due to FIA over-reacting to manufacturers and local organizers skimping on safety issues. All it would have taken to fix the issue would be putting the fuel tank behind a firewall rather than under the seats. Secondly, a lot of south european rallies had crap marshaling which caused it's own issues. It was far easier to blame the car when the problem was a lot more complex than that.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Thanks for illustrating to the rest how the south european rallies had utterly awful marshaling and how it persisted all the way to the mid-90s in that last pic.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntTKfRO5po

And here's a video of how stupid crowded those stages got down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Pretty certain the Evo 9 would be a little bit faster than the Evo 10, if only due to it being about a 100 kilos lighter.

• Locked thread