Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

So naturally I'm spending my Friday evening watching PewDiePie videos all night as I'm known to do, (PS: Check out his new series on YouTube called Scare PewDiePie! He's gets into all sort of crazy funny adventures bros!) http://youtu.be/MsplPPW7tFo (PAID ADVERTISEMENT) and it got me thinking: there are some pretty epic jump scares in video games! :spooky: :spooky: :spooky: Slender, FNAF, Alien: Isolation. There's a lot to choose from. Scary games are hot right now. :bandwagon: Especially now a days now that horror games are being played by YouTube superstars like PewDiePie and Markiplier (my two personal favorites.mseriously, if you've never seen their channels check them out).So, I guess what I'm asking here is What were some of the worst for you, pimps?? Let's hear some of your most memorable jump scare stories.

-The dogs jumping through the window in Resident evil. :gonk: When this happened, I had to simply put down the controller, lie down, try not to cry, cry.

-Pretty much all of Doom 3. :russbus: John Romero did indeed make me his bitch with all the times I was scared shitless in D3. Now matter how many hours I played, I still would be surprised by a closet opening and an enemy coming out after picking up an item. Scary stuff. Not to mention how dark it is. I had to listen to the Spooky Scary song on YouTube for a few hours just to calm down. :yohoho: :dunkedon:

-Cliff racers. loving...Cliff. Racers. 'Nuff said. :derp:

Let's hear some of your hair-raisingest tales of game Jumpscares that made you not sleep at night. :morning:

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
THe redisdent evil dogs.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Oops just read the OP. Sorry.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

slender: the arrival adn fafnanfaf 1-5 need i say omore?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

So naturally I'm spending my Friday evening watching PewDiePie videos all night as I'm known to do, (PS: Check out his new series on YouTube called Scare PewDiePie! He's gets into all sort of crazy funny adventures bros!) http://youtu.be/MsplPPW7tFo (PAID ADVERTISEMENT) and it got me thinking: there are some pretty epic jump scares in video games! :spooky: :spooky: :spooky: Slender, FNAF, Alien: Isolation. There's a lot to choose from. Scary games are hot right now. :bandwagon: Especially now a days now that horror games are being played by YouTube superstars like PewDiePie and Markiplier (my two personal favorites.mseriously, if you've never seen their channels check them out).So, I guess what I'm asking here is What were some of the worst for you, pimps?? Let's hear some of your most memorable jump scare stories.

-The dogs jumping through the window in Resident evil. :gonk: When this happened, I had to simply put down the controller, lie down, try not to cry, cry.

-Pretty much all of Doom 3. :russbus: John Romero did indeed make me his bitch with all the times I was scared shitless in D3. Now matter how many hours I played, I still would be surprised by a closet opening and an enemy coming out after picking up an item. Scary stuff. Not to mention how dark it is. I had to listen to the Spooky Scary song on YouTube for a few hours just to calm down. :yohoho: :getdunkedon:

Let's hear some of your hair-raisingest tales of game Jumpscares that made you not sleep at night. :morning:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Doom 3 jump scares didn't scare me because I couldn't even see them lol

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Masturbating to Lara Croft and my mom walking past the open door.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

504 posted:

Masturbating to Lara Croft and my mom walking past the open door.

lmfao.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Keep your doors open guys.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Probably the dogs from resident evil.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/yVLexeX.gifv

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsH0N9hUJzE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The bathtub in Eternal Darkness

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i screamed the other day when a mimic at i think the bottom of sens fortress ate me. dudes jumpin out around corners in ds and bb tend to startle me good. my point is pewdiepoe should be eaten by a treasure chest

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

when i get owned in CS:GO

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i LOVE :dance: to watch youtubers scream for 14 minutes like the guy in home alone 2 when he got electrocuted because they saw a spoopy :ghost: ghost :ghost: in a videogame :laugh: slays me every time :rip:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When you grapple up a building in batman arkham knight and Manbat appears for the first time at the zenith. drat near poo poo my shorts when I saw it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When you climb down the ladder in FEAR and Alma appears.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like the ghost jump scare in that one hitman because if you do it right you can strangle the ghost and drag its ghost body around

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

-Pretty much all of Doom 3. :russbus: John Romero did indeed make me his bitch with all the times I was scared shitless in D3. Now matter how many hours I played, I still would be surprised by a closet opening and an enemy coming out after picking up an item. Scary stuff. Not to mention how dark it is. I had to listen to the Spooky Scary song on YouTube for a few hours just to calm down. :yohoho: :dunkedon:

:dunkedon:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

slender: the arrival adn fafnanfaf 1-5 need i say omore?

BARBER: say no more

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

In Training posted:

The Doom 3 jump scares didn't scare me because I couldn't even see them lol

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

when i get owned in CS:GO

i once saw a streamer playing deathmatch and his eyes would get real wide and he'd lean back every time he got headshot

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

when the OP turned his monitor on lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i mean turned it off

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlwFe-qNxqI

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
re4's oven man

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
The butler from Tomb Raider 3. QQ

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
that moment in the bathroom in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.. you know the one. /end thread

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
/srs fatal frame 1-3 are for sale on psn if you have a PS3

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

/srs fatal frame 1-3 are for sale on psn if you have a PS3

I want a new forbidden siren game.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

If you're looking for a truly fresh take on the horror game experience, check out Slender. It takes an already terrifying premise and revitalizes the horror genre with outstanding gameplay.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I already saw pewdiepie play that and now I get PTSD whenever I watch his vids. :( Not for the faint of heart, bros.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pablo Gigante posted:

The bathtub in Eternal Darkness

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

This guy. You just turn left and WOAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions