Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonathan Tropper was on today's episode of High and Mighty (every Banshee ep. they are labeling as 'Fanshee') and among other things, spelled out a timeline for Hood:

1. Something happened between him and his dad, ended up getting probably forced into military service.
2. Was immediately pegged based on his psych profile as someone for black ops, got recruited.
3. Went on the Job mission, realized got out of that game, Job wiped his identity, started thieving.
4. Jail, out, Banshee.

Tropper also said the 1st 20 minutes or so of the 1st episode are bananas. If you don't like the host (Jon Gabrus) the ep. might be tough to get through because he admits to railroading a lot of conversations but I thought it was a good listen, lots of fun talk about the show and everyone in the room is obviously a huge fan. It sounds like they're going to get a lot of the cast & crew (including Hoon Lee) as the series goes on which is pretty kickass too.

http://headgum.com/episode/episode-36-fanshee-kickoff-episode-w-jonathan-tropper/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think the one-handed man has been on the show before so it was kinda weird they framed it with the 'remember me?' question. The closest Hood's gotten to dealing with rednecks was the Moody brothers from S1.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

I guess maybe he met them during his 18 month break?

Yeah must be, and it wouldn't surprise me if we find out he had a hand in the fire that was talked about.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Normally I'd say yes but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt; before I binged through to get ready for season 4 I had honestly forgotten how much they managed to cram into season 3: white supremacists, the Indian tribe, Louisiana, Hood's real son, the entire bank heist & aftermath, Proctor's mother + aftermath, Rebecca's power grab & aftermath, and I'm sure there are a few things I'm forgetting. I'm sure that they could have gotten a 10-12 ep season if they had asked.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the serial killer is someone we already know (Burton perhaps covering his tracks because he hated Rebecca?)

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 3, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

Wasn't he one of the hillbillies that ambushed him on a prisoner transport? I thought it was something like he cut off his hand as a warning to the other hillbillies because he was sick of their poo poo and wanted to go home. I think it was in a riverbed.

Nope, that was a different family (Moody brothers). No hand cutting-off (it was an ear).

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, that ep explained the Bedecked plot and how he got his hand :stare: Still a slow burn to start the season, but at least Job is still alive, kinda :smith: I'm really excited to see where Bunker / his brother's plot goes, that was the story I think I was most excited about at the end of last year, just because I think Bunker and Calvin are both going to go completely apeshit.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I have confidence in the show runners that when poo poo pops off (and it will pop off) it's going to POP OFF. There's too much I've seen in the trailers to not have at least 3 of the 6 remaining episodes not have some crazy poo poo in them and I'd be more inclined to say that 4 of them are going to be crazy. I'm really enjoying these first two episodes, just in a different way, kinda like I enjoyed the Hood picking Carrie up from prison ep.

Edit: gonna toss out another crazy prediction: Brock serial killer? The 'Welcome Banshee HS Alumni' from the credits has to count for something. I really think it's Burton but since I don't think it's someone we haven't seen, Brock wouldn't be out of the question.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 10, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jfood posted:

It's been four seasons and I still haven't seen Sugar beat a man to death with his fists.

Didn't he kill some dude in the final episode of season 3 with a single punch? Carrie & Job were both like :stare:, that guy was at least in a coma.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

They're going to get the money back, right? :ohdear:

Bunker is the best :3:

I feel like Leo has to show up again, he knows where The Forge is and I don't think they'd let that dude ride off into the sunset with that much cash.

And yeah Bunker is great, he's been a small but super compelling part of the show so far. That's also something I never thought I'd say about a (former) white supremacist, but here we are.

edit: I just noticed that in S4, bunker's personal vehicle is a lovely old light blue pickup with what look like a few white panels :3:

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 18, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Serial killer is Solomon Bowman, Rebecca's brother.

1. Comes from a hosed up bloodline already where his sister is already excommunicated for being a whore (and other things) in the eyes of their church.
2. Saw an attractive young female he had a fancy for get murdered right in front of his eyes, then gets beaten and kidnapped at such a young age.
3. Develops a seething compulsion based on #2 and being Amish so not having easy access to mental health, bing bam boom, serial killer.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man I'm pretty disappointed with the whole serial killer arc; I was hoping the show would actually make this interesting. Satanic cult or whatever is such stupid bullshit, and of course the FBI agent has a meth problem. The back half of this season better be loving insane.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yea Hood's banged about every attractive woman on the show other than the two introduced this season, I think it was even in the trailer.

I'm still holding out for this season wrapping everything up in a satisfying manner, and there's definitely some stuff from the trailer we haven't seen that looks pretty badass. I'm strongly hoping Rebecca was killed by (Burton/Deva) using the satanist MO as a cover after they somehow found out she was pregnant; both would have legit reasons to want to off her after finding that out.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thoughts:

Job! Good to see Hoon Lee back with the shaved head, for as much as I liked his scraggly look. I also loved the scene where Carrie gives him his chore list :3: The scene between Job & Hood was fantastic also, for some reason I got a lot of dust in my eyes for those few minutes.

Still annoyed with the serial killer arc, but with 3 episodes left and the pace picking up, it's gotta come together with everything in the end..I hope. Horned man's flower shop scene was at least interesting, I'm assuming he tasked the girl with killing Brock somehow or confessing to being the killer?

Loved the fakeout with the Amish carriage, and drat Proctor was brutal this episode. Burning Hood's house was unexpected (as well as finding out he knew Hood was living there, plus it gave us the Siobhan trailer scene) but burning down the Amish farms was way farther than I expected him to go.

Calvin killing Watts this soon was very unexpected, but I'm glad it happened. It was the perfect way for Calvin to get rid of him (literal backstabbing, and he looked so happy while nakedly taking apart the body) and it sets up the Calvin/Bunker showdown that I've been waiting for since the end of last season. Speaking of Bunker, the lecture Brock gave him was hilarious. It was such a father/son scene, except instead of sneaking out at night to go party, Bunker was setting up to murder the head of the local neo nazi clan.

Overall I'm coming around to this season; still much slower than I was hoping for, but I think once it's all done it'll be a great epilogue to the 1st three seasons of insanity. Providing the serial killer arc ends up making sense I think I'll be really happy when it's all said and done.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 30, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So what happens with lady deputy now? I'm assuming Cary didn't give her name in her report?

God, I want Tom Pelphrey to destroy Calvin so much. Bunker's been a powder keg since he was introduced, with two episodes that plot has got to end in some terrible violence.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 7, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Let's get hyped for tomorrow!

S04E07: Truths Other Than the Ones You Tell Yourself

Overview:
Fearing for Dawson’s safety, Lucas and Brock ramp up their efforts to hunt down Bode. With the Brotherhood poised to go to war with Proctor, Kurt looks to keep Maggie safe while Calvin takes out his frustrations at the office. Job settles a score with Leo Fitzpatrick, a Camp Genoa adversary.

If any crazy poo poo is going to happen this season, it's gonna be here and/or next Friday. Tons of plot lines that need resolution, characters that need to clash, and a season that, from many viewers' perspectives, needs to stick the landing to live up to the insane first three seasons.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm almost positive that there's more to Rebecca's death and I'm guessing it was Burton or Cruz. Given Deva's reaction to the break-in and shooting that guy I'd be surprised if it was her.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be happy with just one fight that was choreographed as well as some of the stuff from the previous seasons.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, tonight's the night! For better or worse, the story of Lucas Hood & Banshee wraps up in a couple of hours.

Requiem
Overview: Resolved to leave Banshee, Lucas learns that the murder case he thought was finally closed may in fact be opening again. After a tense faceoff with Calvin and the Brotherhood, Proctor looks to finalize his deal with the Colombians. Carrie takes aim at one final act of vengeance. Brock demands allegiance from Bunker as Banshee braces for an uncertain future.

I know a lot of people, including myself, have felt pretty let down with how this season played out. Between the budget cuts (which I will admit I didn't see coming, I sincerely thought that the 8 episode season was a creative decision until the episodes started airing), the serial killer arc, and lack of insane action scenes compared to previous seasons (partly due to the budget), it's been a bit of a bummer. I think that when I go back and watch the series again, I'll appreciate this season more with the ability to binge through it all in a sitting or two, but a lot of that will depend on tonight. Either way, right now I'm excited, a bit sad, and anxious to see this show (hopefully) go out with the bang it deserves.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 21, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fantastic final episode. I knew Burton had to be behind Rebecca's death, and it was fitting for Hood to let Kai finish him. Great goodbyes, everything tied up well, and the post-credit Sugar scene was icing on the cake. I would have loved one last action scene that lived up to S3, but that was probably never in the cards. Regardless, I was hoping the show would stick the landing and it did.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

Which one was the best?

I'll bite on this:

1. Nola v. Burton

(and the rest of my rankings)

2. Carrie v. Olek
3. Hood v. Proctor (strip club)
4. Hood v. MMA fighter
5. Hood v. The Albino
6. Carrie v. Prison bitch / Siobhan v. Ex
7. Hood v. Proctor (slaughterhouse)
8. Hood v. Transporter

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

Urgh, it's a good list but it's reminding me to watch the show over!

That's not even including what I'd call 'action' scenes (weapons, explosions, etc.) With those you need to include the S1, S2 & S3 finales, the Assault on Precinct 13 homage (everything involving Cheyton, really), the Hospital shootout in S2, everything else from A Fixer of Sorts (the Nola/Burton fight episode which included the strip club shootout and everything with Brantley), the field sniper...

Note: if you're looking for a reason to not watch Banshee again, I'm not going to make it easy for you :)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Watch the full season, then watch the origins for that season. They're fun but not necessary and I don't know if there's a good way to know when they fit into the season and/or if they have spoilers.

The Saga version is all of them in chronological order so definitely don't watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, thanks for the reminder!
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJxKTCkoTY
I'm hyped.

• Locked thread