Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pron on VHS posted:

I thought Job was kidnapped by the hardass Colonel's IT henchman? Or by "people Hood used to work for" did you just mean the US military in general

Iirc the guy we saw in Hood's flashbacks, the man who recruited him, was part of the same group the Colonel was, the connection being their rings. Tech Dude just wants to keep Job tied up so he can suck his dick whenever he wants and pick his brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

Has there always been an audio only preview of the next episode over the end credits? Noticed it on this episode... Hood said something like "Hey Leo. Where's Job?". Who is Leo? I don't recognize that name.

Leo is Tech Dude who took Job.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I like this season plenty. The actual amount of time spent with the Satanists is extremely nominal and seems to be only enough to establish that they're going to make the chaos at the end even more chaotic? :shrug: Loads of whining in this thread.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ana was stuck between unfinished emotions needing resolution with Hood and finding him a mortal danger to all, something she's never been personally adverse to, as well as loving her father yet reconciling that she cannot continue with her life while he still exists. She did what she felt in her heart to be right, knowing she would be damned no matter what. This lead to conflicting actions which of course it did, it was an impossible situation for her in many ways. She's culpable for her own choices, everyone is, but I think she also earned a lot of understanding.

As for child favoritism, one is a plot device and the other is a character and they are treated accordingly. Nothing wrong there.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was a fair observation to make before the writers made Gordon into a badass :rip:

Not really. Gordon was always a good man who kept his nose down and went toe-to-toe with all the pieces of poo poo he came across. That he did it legitimately, and constantly was making the hard, mature decisions where he had every reason to lose himself, only makes the contrast with a psychopath with severe mental and emotional damage all the more stark but to consider him weak next to Hood says outstandingly more about the observer than Gordon.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I took it as that being the old departmental hard copy, that she was giving his past back to him while inviting him to DC, a message to him and the audience alike that he needs fear not the bureau, not her, nor himself or intimacy anymore.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deva's love didn't bring him back. The entire scene was showing all the impossible hells he survived he did just because, until the visions come to his daughter, signifying that where surviving for his own benefit isn't enough, he now has her to live for. It's nothing to do with her love, which I don't think is something she's ever expressed toward Hood, but his love for her.

Also, Proctor assuring Burton was a :five: character moment for the two and the season. Kai was heartbroken and his dragon dying in his lap was doing so for a folly in his love for his master. It was beautiful and perfect imo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

Oh my goodness the innocence of a first time Banshee viewer

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Crash74 posted:

They should have shown proctor getting mowed down by the cartel.

But instead they showed the cartel enforcers slowly moseying along as Proctor begins to spray them down with bullets while we neither see or hear any return fire.

It's almost like he had been there and done that a number of times before, surviving abjectly impossible odds, kinda like that time the Cadi was under siege and he dipped out, no problem.

This thread has been baffling. Peace out.

• Locked thread