Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
I just finished my bathroom in entirety, I applied RedGuard to the entire shower surround for good measure and only used half of the medium sized bucket, but I had leakage and mold issues before hand, so I wasn't about to take any risks, hell, I even shellacked the studs first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice
I'm currently caught between a rock and an expensive bill.

The long story short, is the wife and I plan on being ready to sell by June/July, I'm currently remodeling the kitchen with a complete rebuild.
I've got cabinets already ordered, tile already picked, but my main issue comes to this.
Do I tile all of the floor and install cabinets or install cabinets and then tile up to them?

I'm leaning towards installing cabinets and tiling up to them for a number of reasons.
Price (Again, selling in June/July)
Not wanting to fight with leveling out the cabinets / counter tops, etc.
It'll allow me to work on the back splash sooner, along with mineral oil soaking the counter tops.

Opinions?

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think others have covered it, but you're probably better off putting in cabinets first, although there's the obvious pros/cons to both. Why are your remodeling the kitchen though if you're selling right away? Do you think you'll get that value immediately back at sale time? It's not really a guarantee that will happen, unless you're trying to sell faster, which a new kitchen probably will help with that.

Number of reasons, began before we decided to sell this aggressively, it was an early 90's remodel that was VERY dated and falling apart.

It mostly began with a bathroom rebuild last year that destroyed the Pergo in the hallway, I uncovered Oak Hardwood under the pergo... after sanding and staining that entirely, the kitchen needed new floors as the pergo stretched in that direction as well... long annoying story later, here we are.