Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Why do you need a 12" depth of mulch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Alarbus posted:

Montpelier has Mad Taco, Three Penny Taproom, and less traffic than Burlington. Less stores, but that goes hand in hand.

Grew up outside Burlington, lived in Montpelier a bit with my now wife. Good luck with the taxes, we now live a bit north of Philly.

I haven't been in Montpelier in a while, now, but the first time I went to Three Penny after moving there, I had a very nice chat with a woman - just generic social interaction. A year later, on my last visit to Mad Taco before I moved away, I had a chat with that same woman who recognized me from a year ago. Montpelier was a great place and also I wouldn't ever go back to Vermont as a single adult.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

In my current (rented) house I used expensive paint (Behr Ultra) for the first time in my life because the landlord paid for it, and I was super loving impressed by how much pigment each coat laid down

Pay more for higher quality paint. Next time I paint I'm going to try Marquee or whatever the paint nerds tell me to get.

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 24, 2020

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

HycoCam posted:

Figured out there were no permits and complained to their Realtor, who handled the deal as a dual agent, representing both the buyer and seller.
In what world is this ok?

The answer, of course, is a world with REALTORS (tm)

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

And fires. I don't know where you live, but don't keep combustible things butting up against your combustible house.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

It's stupid, unless you put a lot of effort into doing it right. Air at STP is .02 units of thermal conductivity. Concrete is 1-2 (50-100 times more thermally conductive than air) and soil is in the 0.2-0.5 range if it's not sandy. Water - a great thermally conductive medium - is about 0.6. Aside from just conductivity, you also have to take into account the sheer mass of what will be sinking the heat. If you're connected to the ground, you have a functionally infinite heatsink, which is why you would need to insulate it with a couple inches of foam

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I haven't used these but I like Matthias' nerdery. Woodgears cantilevered shelves

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

nm

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 2, 2020

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

At my last slum rental, I shoved steel wool in the entry points and covered it up with appropriately sized hardware cloth stapled into the wall. Because slum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Why does a front loader result in shorter drying times?