Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Has the French Expeditionary Force reached a decision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tias posted:

Agreed, Quebec is a most tempting prize.

Go big or go home, eh? I like it, let's do it. Eh.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Not really, we're waffling but it seems some of us would like Command Only and mobilize for New Hampshire.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tias posted:

Not really, we're waffling but it seems some of us would like Command Only and mobilize for New Hampshire.

This is my vote as well

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Tias posted:

Ditto

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The French Expeditionary Force sends more military advisors to New Hampshire!

Two Patriot militia are added to New Hampshire.
New Hampshire is now controlled by the Rebellion!
The French spend 1 resource; now 3.

The Indians choose to pass, seeing as they are first Eligible on the next card, which is very beneficial to them.
NB: Again, the Indian bot wouldn't normally do this, but it has no knowledge of upcoming events and is somewhat hamstrung by that. I don't want them to be that blind, so they're passing this time.
The Indians gain 1 resource; now 2.

The turn ends!

A new card is drawn: Winter Quarters!

1775 winds to a close, and Rebellion and Royalist forces must hunker down as poor weather brings their campaigns to an end. With the Declaration of Independence signed and a new United States created, will 1776 be the year that British rule begins to falter? So far, the colonist population isn't having much of it...

Current Card:

War on the frontier usually involved small numbers of combatants, but was often desperate and bloody.

Upcoming Card:

Frustrated by pressure of American settlers, Warriors lashed out on several occasions during the Revolution.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Conduct Winter Quarters round.

Also, a brief discussion about Commands for the AI opponents: unlike real players, the bots ALWAYS conduct full commands (that is, their commands can never be "limited", as a player's can). Therefore, doing actions like what the French just did can't limit the AI to a Limited Command, but they can prevent them playing an event, as happened here. In the end, using a limited command and preventing the AI from taking the event and was beneficial for this turn, since the Indian player didn't get to act on this card and would have been reset to Eligible after the Winter Quarters, if it had known a WQ was coming up. Just know that in the future, a player faction taking a Command without Special Activity doesn't limit the AI to a Limited Command, but does prevent it from playing the event.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Victory Check Phase:

British: Support exceeds Opposition by more than 10? NO, and CRC greater than CBC? NO
Indians: Support exceeds Opposition by more than 10? NO, and (Villages - 3) > Patriot Forts? NO
French: Opposition exceeds Support by more than 10? NO, and CBC greater than CRC and ToA has been played? NO
Patriots: Opposition exceeds Support by more than 10? NO, and Patriot Forts plus 3 is greater than Villages? YES

No faction wins, but Patriots are ahead of Indians on the second victory condition, which will come into play shortly.

Supply Phase:

2 British Tories in Connecticut-Rhode Island are out of supply, and are moved to Available.
Connecticut-Rhode Island is now Uncontrolled!
All other British units are in supply.

The Patriot militia in New York City is out of supply, but since there are fewer than 2 Patriot units there, it may remain for free.
All other Patriot units are in supply.

No French units are on the map yet, so French ain't gotta worry about it.

The Indian War Party in New York Colony is out of supply, but the Indians pay one resource to prevent Rebellion control in the province.
Indian resources decrease by 1; now 1.
All other Indian units are in supply.

Resources Phase:

British earn by number of British forts (4) + population of non-blockaded British Controlled Cities (4) + 5 for control of West Indies (0) = 8.
British now have 14 resources.

Indians earn by half the number of Villages on the map (1), rounded down = 0.
Indians remain at 1 resource.

Patriots earn by number of Patriot forts (2) + half the number of Rebellion Controlled spaces, not including the West Indies (5), rounded down = 4.
Patriots now have 10 resources.

French earn (before ToA) 2 times the number of squadrons in the West Indies (0) = 0.
French remain at 3 resources.

Support Phase:

British may spend to Reward Loyalty up to 2 times in each space containing British Regulars and Tories, at 1 resource per action.
British choose to Reward Loyalty in NYC (2x), Boston (2x), and Quebec City (1x), at the cost of 5 resources.
This removes the Propaganda in NYC and shifts it, plus Boston and Quebec City, to Active Support.
British spend 5 resources; now 9.
Support is now 10!

Patriots may choose to use Committees of Correspondence:

The Patriots may spend Resources to encourage Opposition in Rebellion Controlled spaces with Patriot pieces. Every one Resource spent removes one Raid marker or — once no Raid is in a space — shifts it one level toward Active Opposition to a maximum of two levels per space.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots: Spend $$$ for Committees of Correspondence?
(Possible in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maryland-Delaware, Virginia, and Philadelphia; Patriots currently have 10 resources.)

Athaboros fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 11, 2016

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
We have a lot of resources, I think we should push for as much as we can. Fellow patriots?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Do we get any more resources after this? If we want to go the full deal it's all 10 resources.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Davin Valkri posted:

Do we get any more resources after this? If we want to go the full deal it's all 10 resources.

We just gained our resources for this WQ phase. If we want any more we'll have to get them from the French or pass. I'd say let's spend 5 and save 5.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
We will probably lose those dudes in in either VA or MD-DE to Indians this turn so may as well put them to use now. We can use them for an early turn persuasion to get some resources if we want.

Doing it up north may also draw the British out of the cities. We don't really care about casualties that much, and it may encourage the French to get involved more quickly.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
My vote is 2 in MD-DE, 2 in VA, and 1 in MA.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

COOL CORN posted:

Seconded.

Indians will get to place a bunch of raid tokens which we would need to remove if we tried to do the committees next winter. But the placement of tokens from the card won't affect the current opposition level.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

COOL CORN posted:

Works for me.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

COOL CORN posted:

Thirded. However, we will need to make sure we build up significant presences in MD-DE and VA, or else the Indians will Plunder us dry.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The Patriots encourage Opposition in Marlyand-Delaware, Virginia, and Massachusetts.

Opposition increases to 10!
Opposition is now tied with support.

The Patriots spend 5 resources; now 5.

This is not the final Winter Quarters phase (only 1 of 6), so the game does not end.

Redeployment Phase:

Leadership Change! The Indians are first up, so Joseph Brant is replaced with Cornplanter (Gather builds Villages for 1 War Party in the space).

Leader Redeployment:

The Indians keep Cornplanter in Northwest.
French have no leaders to redeploy.
The British redeploy Gage to New York City.
Patriots: Redeploy Washington, or keep him in Massachusetts?

6 Regulars and 6 Tories are released to Available, as per the British Release Schedule for this scenario.
British now have 8 available Regulars and 10 available Tories.

Desertion Phase:

Patriots have 9 Militia on the board, so 1 deserts.
The Indians choose the first desertion, and they choose to remove 1 militia from Maryland-Delaware. Maryland-Delaware shifts to Uncontrolled!
Patriots have 2 Continentals on the board, so none desert.

The British have 9 Tories on the board, so 1 deserts.
The French choose which Tory deserts.

Housekeeping is nearly done!

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots: Move Washington to another space with Patriot units, or to Available?
French: Choose which Tory deserts.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I would suggest moving Washington to New York, since it seems to be ramping up on both sides.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
We are going to lose a fort so I would put ol' george wherever we plan to lose the fort. I don't care which space it is

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Considering the French will be playing an almost purely economic game until the next WQ, I wouldn't worry too much about patriot funding. Push as hard as you can and we will fund it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

As a french ambassador, not just some french guy, my vote is to remove the Tory from Quebec City

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

COOL CORN posted:

I would suggest moving Washington to New York, since it seems to be ramping up on both sides.

Agreed.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

All right, let's keep this train moving.

Washington moves to New York!
The Tory in Quebec City is returned to Available!

The event triggers!

During the long winter of 1775, Indian raids across the frontier stretch Patriot resources to a breaking point. They are forced to abandon one of their forts after a brutal attack...

The Patriots must remove one Fort!

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots choose:
Remove one fort in Massachusetts or New York?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Keep New York is we plan to build an army and attack within New York.

Keep Mass if we plan to build a defensive wall and keep the Brits in Boston

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Majumbo posted:

Keep New York is we plan to build an army and attack within New York.

Keep Mass if we plan to build a defensive wall and keep the Brits in Boston

Keep New York. Washington provides a +1 on the defensive anyway.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Yeah, the British are still in New York; let's not hand them their victory.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Agreed

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Indian raids destroy the Patriot Fort in Massachusetts!

The Winter Quarters round ends, and with it comes the campaign season of 1776.

Active Card:

Frustrated by pressure of American settlers, Warriors lashed out on several occasions during the Revolution.

Upcoming Card:

During the Summer of 1776, Thomas Paine (anonymously) wrote this 48-page pamphlet printed by Robert Bell. 120,000 copies were sold in the first three months. The pamphlet was targeted at the common colonist rather than elites. It is believed that most colonists were "on the fence" regarding independence. After "Common Sense" was distributed, things changed dramatically.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the Indian and British turns.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Dreadful natives. I think it's time we enjoyed the cut and thrust of spirited, eh, debate, with them!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The Indians take the event!

A Cayuga War Party conducts a Raid in Georgia.
A Seneca War Party conducts a Raid in South Carolina.
A Delaware War Party conducts a Raid in North Carolina.
A Chickasaw War Party conducts a Raid in Virginia.
Virginia shifts to Uncontrolled!

The British, seeing their Indian allies take action, decide that they must establish dominance over the Patriot rebels as the year begins.

The British choose to conduct a Command and Special Activity!

The British execute Naval Pressure!
British gain 1 resource; now 10.

The British decide to Garrison the coastal Cities!
British spend 2 resources; now 8.

1 Regular from Boston and 2 from New York City move to Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is now under British control!

1 Regular from Boston and 1 from Florida move to Norfolk.
Norfolk is now under British control!

2 Regulars move from New York City to Charles Town.
Charles Town is now under British control!

1 Regular moves from New York City to Savannah!
Savannah is now under British control!

The Underground Patriot Militia in Boston and New York City are activated!
The Militia in Philadelphia is expelled to Maryland-Delaware!
Maryland-Delaware is now Controlled by the Rebellion!

The British turn ends, and with that the card is complete. A new turn begins.

Current Card:

During the Summer of 1776, Thomas Paine (anonymously) wrote this 48-page pamphlet printed by Robert Bell. 120,000 copies were sold in the first three months. The pamphlet was targeted at the common colonist rather than elites. It is believed that most colonists were "on the fence" regarding independence. After "Common Sense" was distributed, things changed dramatically.

Upcoming Card:

In October of 1776, one month after being named an agent of a diplomatic commission by the Continental Congress, Benjamin Franklin set sail from Philadelphia for France. His task was to negotiate and secure a formal alliance and treaty.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots choose:
  • Command Only, No Special Activity
  • Command and Special Activity
  • Event
  • Pass

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Taking the event for NYC and Boston could be a real thorn in Britain's side, especially if we Muster some militia in there before they get the cities back to Active Support. I'd also ask our French friends to consider passing and taking the event on the next card, as that'll net significant gains for both of us loyal to the cause, while preventing the British from reversing our gains.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I second that

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I can assure you that any money gained by both French and Colonial coffers is a good thing. We welcome Mr Franklin with open arms, bottles of wine, and our most comely daughters.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

I can assure you that any money gained by both French and Colonial coffers is a good thing. We welcome Mr Franklin with open arms, bottles of wine, and our most comely daughters moms

ftfy

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Agreed with Caeder

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Event for NYC and Boston, then!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Thomas Paine's writing spread like wildfire through the colonies!

New York City shifts to Passive Support!
Esther de Bendt Reed and John Hancock spread Propaganda in New York City!

Boston shifts to Passive Support!
John Lamb and Haym Solomon spread Propaganda in Boston!

Total Support drops by 3; now 7.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

French choose:
  • Command (and Special Activity?)
  • Pass

Tias
May 25, 2008

Roderique Horatalez + Mobilization? Merde, it's heating up over there.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I think we should pass, allowing us time to welcome Mr. Franklin. Without the proposed trade agreements he brings, we could find ourselves in a dire economic situation. Beyond that, it gives the American Colonists autonomy to not need our funding, allowing us to bolster our forces much more vigorously in the future.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

I think we should pass, allowing us time to welcome Mr. Franklin. Without the proposed trade agreements he brings, we could find ourselves in a dire economic situation. Beyond that, it gives the American Colonists autonomy to not need our funding, allowing us to bolster our forces much more vigorously in the future.

Agreed. We need money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Prepare the moms! Mr. Franklin is coming!

• Locked thread