Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Eh, why not. Join or die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

COOL CORN posted:

Patriots will take the event to help out our French brothers.

I'm happy to wait on Davin Valkri/Majumbo/Caedar's input, this isn't a Monarchy.

They can declare open war at 15 total available units, right? Sure, why not; with the event they're more than halfway there, and both British and Indian act before us on the next card.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Huh. Are we ready for battle in New York or do we want the Declaration of Independence event?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm inclined to agree with Maryland-Delaware. No knock against New Hampshire but it's kinda surrounded right now, and that French symbol on top means that the French can take care of it next move, right?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

I'd say getting more of a foothold in Mass is worthwhile, we already have a fort in NY.

I thought our fort was already in Massachusetts?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Whoops! Brain fart. New York it is!

Works for me.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Do we get any more resources after this? If we want to go the full deal it's all 10 resources.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

My vote is 2 in MD-DE, 2 in VA, and 1 in MA.

Works for me.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Yeah, the British are still in New York; let's not hand them their victory.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Event for NYC and Boston, then!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Caedar posted:

The good event on the next card is really juicy, and the bad event on the next card is really really anti-juicy, so I think we should pass this round.

They have a point. If we took this event, the British could undo almost all of it with the next event. I vote pass.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Yes, Event.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

E: never mind, I think I get it. I guess that fort was lost anyway, so...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Why Quebec? Wouldn't that be readily skirmished off the board by the war party there?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

I say Virginia, New Hampshire, Mass, Mass

I like this. What are you going to do about THAT, Gage?!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Militia everywhere, ready to skirmish! Sure, let's do it.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well...that's an awkward event to come up. Hey, France, can you pull together enough for a BRILLIANT STROKE next move?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

Boy that next event would be nice... Hm... But the Indians could easily block us.

Yeah, plus there's a giant doomstack in Massachusetts that could be reversed a bit with the event. I have no idea what to do.

EDIT: Wait, component limit?! We only have 4 militia left?!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Boston, NYC, or Mass? And if we do Mass, do we remove all Tories for 4 militia or just 2 Tories?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Play event on Massachusetts, right? Alright, then we can win a straight fight!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Event works for me, as well! Let's blockade Philly with the new FNI!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I vote yes on keeping the militia. Any other opinions?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I have no idea! Mass, New York x2, and Maryland-Delaware x2?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, I see. Mass, Conn x2, Penn x2, then?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I don't know about Washington, but for the militia I say remove the one in New Hampshire (now firmly in French hands) and the active one in Massachusetts.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Proposal: Rally in Pennsylvania and Maryland-Delaware, Persuasion Massachusetts and Connecticut-Rhode Island?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I like this game, although considering this is my first COIN game ever, if I'm running the patriots myself, we'll lose :cheeky:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

You'd have to walk me through setting up VASSAL and the game and the PBEM structure, but I wouldn't mind this.

• Locked thread