Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Join, or Die!

No taxation without representation; no victory without democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Our French friends, might we suggest placing your agents in New York? We can strike fast with Partisans, causing great casualties and bringing you closer to entering the war!

Caedar fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 5, 2016

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
We probably want Declaration. We're only in a good position to harass the Brits in NYC, not battle them straight up. I'd suggest using Declaration to place a militia in NY (buffs Partisans even harder :getin:), Quebec City, and NYC.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

COOL CORN posted:

My vote is 2 in MD-DE, 2 in VA, and 1 in MA.

Thirded. However, we will need to make sure we build up significant presences in MD-DE and VA, or else the Indians will Plunder us dry.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

COOL CORN posted:

I would suggest moving Washington to New York, since it seems to be ramping up on both sides.

Agreed.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Majumbo posted:

Keep New York is we plan to build an army and attack within New York.

Keep Mass if we plan to build a defensive wall and keep the Brits in Boston

Keep New York. Washington provides a +1 on the defensive anyway.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Taking the event for NYC and Boston could be a real thorn in Britain's side, especially if we Muster some militia in there before they get the cities back to Active Support. I'd also ask our French friends to consider passing and taking the event on the next card, as that'll net significant gains for both of us loyal to the cause, while preventing the British from reversing our gains.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
The good event on the next card is really juicy, and the bad event on the next card is really really anti-juicy, so I think we should pass this round.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Thirding the event!

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
I'm cool with leaving the militia underground. We'll kill a Regular and Tory, so we'll match one-for-one on kills (note: militia don't count against us if killed). And having two militia sitting there, just waiting to activate and mess their day up with skirmish and rabble rousing, will be great.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Majumbo posted:

If the militia are active we could absorb 4 hits before losing the fort. But the odds of 3d3 being 4 or lower are 15% so we should probably keep those militia hidden and sacrifice the fort.

Just a temporary setback, we can rebuild that MA army and expel the British from NY later.

And I think that makes us Win the Day since our losses would be equal?
Or we might be wiped out and then the bad guys would win the day

We're going to lose the day, but we'd almost 100% lose the day if we raised the militia anyway. Our max Attacker Loss Level is +5, so two Regulars and one Tory, and their Minimum Loss Level is +3, which means the Continental and a Militia, but +4 gives them a tie, and +5 and higher gives them a win.

Caedar fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 19, 2016

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Lord Frisk posted:

As an experienced COIN player, I do not care for this battle system. Really puts like two layers of computation between the player and the board state.

It's a little annoying at first, but after several play-throughs you can eyeball it pretty easily, at least by assuming that every three cubes = ~2 hits.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

COOL CORN posted:

I say Virginia, New Hampshire, Mass, Mass

Thirded.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Majumbo posted:

Build an Army! Rally in MA and then turn some of those Militia into Continentals

I agree. But: Friends, companions, patriots, I think it's time to think bigger!

Rally in Conn, Mass, NYC, Savannah, Penn, and Boston; pull in one Militia from NY and one from New Hamp, convert 2 Militia in Mass to another fort, and then convert all but one Militia in Mass to Continentals? Then Persuasion in Conn, New Hamp, and Penn?

This'll leave us with two Forts, four Continentals, and a Militia in Mass: a stronghold indeed, and a good staging ground from which to harass Boston and New York. It'll also only cost us three resources total because of the Persuasion, and leave us in a good position to Rabble Rouse in many places.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Davin Valkri posted:

Well...that's an awkward event to come up. Hey, France, can you pull together enough for a BRILLIANT STROKE next move?

It's just one space, so it probably won't be too bad.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
I'm for taking the Event to remove every Tory and place 5 Militia: 4 from available and 1 from New Hamp (the active one). We'll then soon be able to make a Continental army to fear.

Caedar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 24, 2016

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Davin Valkri posted:

Boston, NYC, or Mass? And if we do Mass, do we remove all Tories for 4 militia or just 2 Tories?

All Tories will get removed. We'll have to place the 4 Militia from available, but from that point on we can choose whether or not to pull Militia from elsewhere.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Let's get some food in our bellies by stealing from the mouths of the Redcoats! I'd like the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
I also vote yes.

• Locked thread