Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

If I've said this before, forgive me.

I'm a bit confused by the desk order. Modern American police hierarchy appears to have Homicide at the top of the peak with Narcotics and Vice a little below and all other divisions way below. So why does Cole go immediately from traffic to homicide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I need to give that Man With the Golden Arm segment a third attempt today. Last two times I was a bit sleepy and dozed off because your voice is that easy on the ears, Bobbin.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Spookyelectric posted:

It was quite a surprise to see John Noble in this game!

I recognized him as Morland Holmes rather than anything else listed on his Wiki. He does a great job being a rich rear end in a top hat.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

On the subject of recent family films, all I can do is put in a hearty recommendation for Kubo and the Two Strings. I don't get to watch a lot of movies that are still in theaters but even as I was watching it, I was noticing that what kids would take as simply taking care of a sick parent is a clear allusion to an adult caring for a family member with dementia. It's pretty and emotional without being sickly sweet in the least.

I've enjoyed all of the film reviews because, as I said, I don't generally watch movies. Would anyone care to go through the ones Bobbin has talked about and list where they can be streamed?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I started playing this game once, but it made my laptop heat up really badly so I stopped after doing the tutorial, ha. Thanks for playing it and for giving at least me a nice film education along the way.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Those bloopers are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Before Bobbin starts the next game, should I be familiar with the previous one in the series/his LP of it?

• Locked thread