Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Same here about dying guy. It's really jarring because the rest of his body below the neck is board-stiff, you'd expect at least a little bit of slight breathing animation.

It's kind of a shame they didn't better characterize Cole's family and affair(?), because I do feel like that could've potentially been an impactful twist if it weren't for the fact we have next to no context for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Oh man I was really young when I first saw Roger Rabbit. For whatever reason, both the Shoe death scene and Judge Doom being flattened really stood out in my memories of the film before I watched it again a couple years back. Never did have nightmares about it somehow, though.
Now I'm more impressed at how the legalwork for this entire movie must've been carried out to feature all the cameos it had.

kalonZombie posted:

Nah, because Cole actually cares about people, particularly those who haven't done anything wrong. Aiden is just a pure psychopath through and through.

The thing about Cole is that he seems pretty deliberately characterized as kind of a douche, and gets punished for that during the story. Cole's also smart enough to hide being a douche. With Aiden, he just sort of ended up being that way and is consistently too numb to reality to do anything with other normal people ever.

I think it's also effective since early/midgame Cole does seem pretty upstanding given what little we know about him, but by the end it seems pretty clear that he's kind of a pushy control freak. Just in time for the player to change to Kelso, too.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Two videos I found interesting popped up in the related videos as I watched the last episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9wsEFohTw

LA Noire Tech trailer: seeing the actors with their characters, it strikes me how much younger they look than their game counterparts. I wonder if that's due to the game's lighting system or a conscious effort. Elsa's actress is like super beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scQKQjosJek

Outtakes and bloopers from the recording sessions, inserted into the game engine.

man for being so polite Cole sure doesn't know how to cover his sneezes.

• Locked thread