Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Do you have the huge number of DLC cases Bobbin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah the first time I played this game and saw the front of the car I was like "Did he loving explode or something?"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Edit: On second thought, never mind. Not worth the hassle.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 19, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Panzer Skank posted:

I'm really enjoying this lp and i have nothing to add to the conversation but i took this gif and wanted to share it

What is she doing ??

Early version of the robot?

Kopijeger posted:

- The banter about Anna Rodriguez would make little sense if you are playing a version of the game without "The Consul's Car". Does it still appear in those versions?

It most certainly is! At the time I simply assumed Cole was referring to something historical, or maybe it was simply the game's way of letting me know that Cole and his partners work on cases that the player doesn't see. Turns out nope, in fact I was just missing a mission I didn't even know about because someone thought ripping out a level and selling it as DLC would be a great idea. :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JT Jag posted:

The only virtue Andrew Jackson had is that he was a legit badass who had like 20 bullets in him by the time he died, and that doesn't even come close to outweighing the many negatives

Andrew Jackson is also pushed for the USA to get rid of the property requirement for voting. I consider this to be brought into karmic balance by Florida being a state.

I'm not surprised they ended up cutting a whole act of the game considering the stories about how the game's development was horrifically mismanaged.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 26, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm looking forward to your 12 Angry Men review!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kopijeger posted:

Not only is the real murderer psychic, he is also able to teleport into all sort of locations in order to plant evidence without being spotted by anybody.

Another little thing: the text on the charm bracelet was in English. You'd think they'd prefer Spanish instead.

You can sort of excuse the shoe size thing if you remember that most of the women were drunkenly complaining about their husbands before being killed. Maybe their small feet get brought up?

It's all pretty glaring if you stop think about the cases though, yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Except that's not even true in all cases. Remember Sad Sack from the first case? He wore size 11. It was the rando who took her home from the bar who had size 8 shoes.

good point. in fact i don't think any of the husbands get arrested at all if you 5-star everything. And they also aren't really the guys getting framed, though the second case confuses that somewhat.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That and the fact that the boarding house landlord was a real bastard to question, woman doesn't have any tells. Gotta commend Cole on his willingness to just grab all that blood covered evidence with his bare hands, too.

I think she does, actually! Her eyes kinda glance to the corners and down to the bottom when she isn't being truthful. Her line reads also tend to give her away.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 31, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Thesaya posted:

Escalation is common in pretty much all cases of serial killers and in several cases overconfidence and getting sloppy/mocking the police when not getting caught is a factor, something that usually leads to them getting caught. In this case however, I have to say the overconfidence seems quite justified since only one policeman is even acknowledging it.

There's top down pressure not to do so, since the homicide desk captain is angling for the top spot and doesn't want to be made to look bad via a serial killer on the loose.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
There's a big piece of evidence at the body's location that calls the hobo being the killer into question.

Tire tracks. I seriously doubt Ackerman owns a car.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kopijeger posted:

I was thinking more about the container itself: presumably the solution would expand when frozen and possibly burst the wall of the syrette.

Depends on how much water is in it. Most substances are going to contract when frozen, after all.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm not much of a betting man (and maybe that's why I don't get this) but risking $50 to maybe win an extra $5 seems like a terrible return on investment for me; though I guess it would explain how people with gambling addictions manage to dig such deep holes so quickly.

If I had a spare $20 I'd probably have bet it on Rocky just to have some fun and maybe get $200 back, hell I'd probably take my $50 and instead go on a date or something and hope it lead to more than $5 worth of fun after that.

That would be a 10% return on your investment of a couple days. The stock market has a historical average of about 7%. If it really is a safe bet, then that's an excellent return.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Psychotic Weasel posted:

While that's certainly a good point I think the risk way out weighs the reward for me in situations like this - in a stock market you still have a certain degree of control over your money and can shift it around or withdraw what you have left if things aren't going your way (in most situations). You also generally have the option to just stick with it and try to recover your losses over time if you're patient. Yeah you get people who get screwed over badly either because they made the wrong call, weren't paying close enough attention or invested in companies like ENRON or Nortel but with betting at the end of the match you're either leaving with $55 or $0 and there's nothing you can do about it once you hand over the money.

If it was bet $50 and win $100 then I could see the allure, but with a $5 reward there's just not enough to tempt me. If you lost you'd need to make - and win - another 10 identical bets just to break even and if you lost any of those then you'd be even deeper in the hole. Obviously there are a lot of people who enjoy taking risks like this with either prize fighting or day trading and I'm not about to tell them what to do with their money but I just don't see the appeal. And if you're going to go around fixing matches and defrauding shady-rear end business owners why not leave a little more meat on the bone for yourself? Are you going to risk getting your fingers broken by some pissed off bookie over $5?

The trade off for the increased risk is the much MUCH shorter turnaround time. Two people with immutable physical characteristics and a public professional history are also not really any more vague a thing to gamble on than the public perception of a company's future value. Sure it's more of a risk than an index fund but people take higher financial risks all the time for similar potential gain.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
THAT SAID, yeah it's a pretty unusual depiction of prize fight fixing. Usually the idea is to have the favorite take a dive for big gains.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I'm pretty sure it's because the game is aping the movie, and in the movie a police lieutenant is leading the investigation.

Still weird, seeing as how they have a Lieutenant.

Man, they really gutted the Vice Desk for DLC.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Biggs. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I never found the girl in Benson's place.
:stare:

Does anyone else feel like they intended to have one last newspaper cutscene where Fontaine gets killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

"Rushed" isn't the right word to use for a project that took eight years to publish.

From what I remember from articles released about L.A. Noire's development the development suffered from pervasive management issues pretty much all of the way through.

• Locked thread