Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I love it when games let the protagonist murder dozens of people without repercussions. Usually it's gangsters and criminals, but an entire hangar's MP force is particularily egregious, especially since Cole ends up shooting first when he gets to the hangar.

You'd think a tense standoff and negotiations between the LAPD and the MPs would be more interesting. But no, gotta fill the cover shooter segment quota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Having watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit as both a kid and as an adult, it's still easily one of my all-time favourite films. It's an amazing blend of comedy, tragedy and action, beautifully animated and executed.

As an aside, I'd like to recommend The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams. It's a pretty hefty book but it is incredibly informative and helpful if you're remotely interested in cartoons and animation.

As for the game, there's really not much more to say than what has already been said in this thread. I'm pretty excited to see the denoument to this whole clusterfuck though. I also found Phelp's and Kelso's little talk very cathartic after a game's worth of tension and bitterness, even if it happened rather abruptly.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I'm really glad I stuck with this LP all the way through. I'm also really excited for the next game, particularily hearing your thoughts about the game's themes, how it compares to the first game, and how you'll show off some of the unique gameplay elements the game throws at you.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

While it's quite possible that Roy was suppressing a laugh rather than a sob at the end of his speech, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Cole's gunpoint tirade instilled a greater sense of respect in him. Instead of fighting back or getting angry, he fell back to his callous, dismissive attitude, and even seemed hesitant about it. It's not impossible that he would feel remorse about what he did to Cole, a man he likely considered his equal (to the point of even feeling threatened enough to backstab him).

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Smoky Bandana posted:

There are a few references to characters/organisations from the original but you can pretty much jump in blind. I'd heartily recommend Bobbin's lp of the original though, it's really good.

I'd like to second that. I often listen to that LP in the background as I do other stuff and just listen to the lectures.

• Locked thread