Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Should I be dumb and get this game...

I see SV is here which says bad things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will probably not play it unless I can be the most useless character possible, which looks like guild leader, and that doesn't sound fun enough

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I will probably not play it unless I can be the most useless character possible, which looks like guild leader, and that doesn't sound fun enough

Fletcher

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Is that the archer that puts down walls

no wait

I want that archer that puts down walls and traps to be double useless as everything walksa round it or moves too fast to be of use since it is a dungeon not a tower defense game

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

do you like queues

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I loving love queues

Not playing a game is the best part of playing a game

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

what's longer, this game's queues or

queueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueue
ueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueue
ueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueue
ueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueue

dirtyjoe
Jan 17, 2012

online and havin a great time ask me how i do it
looks to be about a 2 hour 30 minute wait to get in

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
It's quite impressive just how badly they underestimated the player population on day 1.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

just go play on the NA euro server

Solaredge
Oct 3, 2013

So Gif ... Much Spin...
So curiosity questions. I want to be a pirate guild leader.

So if i get corsair rank 5-6 then switch to Templar at 7 would I lose the pirate band ability when you are party leader?

Would be great if it stayed....

edit - or can you set what your "active class" is?

Solaredge fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 29, 2016

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Solaredge posted:

So curiosity questions. I want to be a pirate guild leader.

So if i get corsair rank 5-6 then switch to Templar at 7 would I lose the pirate band ability when you are party leader?

Would be great if it stayed....

edit - or can you set what your "active class" is?

Its yours for life.

Solaredge
Oct 3, 2013

So Gif ... Much Spin...

Secret Spoon posted:

Its yours for life.

YES!!!!! Thanks for the info!

Gert
Feb 13, 2012
I checked my queue position earlier and I was at 130. Then I came back 30 minutes later and I'm now at 239.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I bought this against my better judgement. How do I get a token so I can trade?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The controls are really horrible. :/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It was ok for a controller, I can't wait to use a controller to be a squire and set up a stall

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the first thing I did the one time I got to log in for 30 seconds was flip the controls from "auto" to "mouse," which seemed at least a little better

it does seem made for a controller

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

It was ok for a controller, I can't wait to use a controller to be a squire and set up a stall

The F1 - F12 keys were not working for me with a controller. What do I need to do to fix that?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Drythe posted:

dp is here too somewhere. Spend that 50 on gaz instead.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Is anyone having problems saving skills? I keep spending points, clicking the Circle and it closes the window, with the points still sitting there.

Now I'm stuck on a quest because every time I click to continue the dialog, it closes and the guy refuses to speak to me without re-logging.

And as I was typing this I was booted to my lodge. Excellent.

Man, it's good to see that MMO's still suck the first day just as badly as when EQ launched.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

rizzen posted:

dp is here too somewhere. Spend that 50 on gaz instead.

Christ, just need lux to finish it off

futile
May 18, 2009
drat you have to play a specific class if you want to ride around on a lizard gerbil. I'm upset

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kalas posted:

Is anyone having problems saving skills? I keep spending points, clicking the Circle and it closes the window, with the points still sitting there.

Now I'm stuck on a quest because every time I click to continue the dialog, it closes and the guy refuses to speak to me without re-logging.

And as I was typing this I was booted to my lodge. Excellent.

Man, it's good to see that MMO's still suck the first day just as badly as when EQ launched.

The server is having a hard time comitting to changes right now. That includes saving stats and completing quests.

RIP servers. People are coming home from school and are crushing you. I cannot imagine what'll happen when primetime actually starts.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Is there a goon guild in the works?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Is there a goon guild in the works?

Hahahaha

You'll have to wait a few weeks or maybe months for a brave soul to torture himself into a templar job.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

It definitely plays better with a controller.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Restart your client if its getting stuck in not going through quest updates and such. There was apparently a patch and I couldn't do anything till I restarted. No queue either

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
Installing now! ready to jump on this Cryomancer train to no sleepsville.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The lag and queues don't seem as terrible as they were earlier.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elderbean posted:

The lag and queues don't seem as terrible as they were earlier.

I dont know the queue was none existant when I relogged but the actual lag is much much worse. Casting an aspersio and waiting 5 seconds for the water to come out is horrible.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Cleric 1/Priest 3/Chaplain 1/Oracle 2: Good, bad, awesome, not quite optimal?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Looking for inputs on a viable healbot build that can also solo. Would this work well enough?

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 29, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

can't bind to mouse buttons which kinda sucks, no mouse binds in the xml so can't figure out what their key names would be through that file

quests taking like several minutes to update/complete lmao

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
This game intrigues me, but I still don't get it. It has a lot of classes and you grind a lot is all I'm getting from this. So why is it fun guys?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

can't bind to mouse buttons which kinda sucks, no mouse binds in the xml so can't figure out what their key names would be through that file

quests taking like several minutes to update/complete lmao

The game was originally designed to be played mouseless, so it shouldn't be terribly strange that they aren't fully aware of how useful it is.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Highblood posted:

This game intrigues me, but I still don't get it. It has a lot of classes and you grind a lot is all I'm getting from this. So why is it fun guys?

It has a great art style, top-notch OST, and a massive variety in character builds to play with.
For $10 it's well worth the novelty.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Highblood posted:

hats

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

rizzen posted:

The game was originally designed to be played mouseless, so it shouldn't be terribly strange that they aren't fully aware of how useful it is.

it's very close to being perfect imo

1. add ability to bind mouse buttons
2. add option to remove auto-lock on mouseover
3. have a bindable command to lock on current mouseovered target

do those 3 things and you'd have a fantastic control scheme for both melee and ranged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How do I get the pet from buying the $50 pack on Steam? I have the hats and the potions, but no pet.

• Locked thread