Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futile
May 18, 2009
If you're on the fence about buying this game just wait a few days. It's pretty much unplayably laggy right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Honestly if you're on the fence at all just wait a month and pay nothing to try it out. Even when the lag clears up and everyone quits in two weeks it is still very much a korean mmo and is not for everybody.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

orphean posted:

Honestly if you're on the fence at all just wait a month and pay nothing to try it out. Even when the lag clears up and everyone quits in two weeks it is still very much a korean mmo and is not for everybody.

Thanks, will just spend the rest of my time lurking on Discord in the meantime :v:

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm overwhelmed with choices but decided on cleric. What are some cool things to do with that that? Whats good for pvp?

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Kevsop posted:

I'm overwhelmed with choices but decided on cleric. What are some cool things to do with that that? Whats good for pvp?

Laser beam Monk was popular for a while but was nerfed. Then ghost bitchslap Sadhu was popular for a while but was nerfed.

Don't know if Cleric has any good for pvp classes left.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
how does Item Awakening work for Alchemists? Can they awaken other people's gear?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Note: after experiencing sub 20 fps on a 970m

Disable g sync if your fps is crap for some reason using a recent gaming setup

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

theultimo posted:

Note: after experiencing sub 20 fps on a 970m

Disable g sync if your fps is crap for some reason using a recent gaming setup

Is it constant low frames or spikes? I get a lot of bad spikes in town which I think its either networking or hdd related and it would be weird if its gaync doing it

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

futile posted:

If you're on the fence about buying this game just wait a few days. It's pretty much unplayably laggy right now.

I started on the EU server and its almost 100% lag free. On the US I couldn't do anything.

d e v i
Apr 29, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is it constant low frames or spikes? I get a lot of bad spikes in town which I think its either networking or hdd related and it would be weird if its gaync doing it

I could swear that some of the FPS issues are caused by server lag somehow. I know it doesn't make sense but it really feels like that happens a lot.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you guys are finding that the next story quest is way higher level than you, you can also grab a warp scroll to the other city and start questing over there. The scrolls only cost 500 silver

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

Going in with no previous research I found the game to be pretty enjoyable so far. There were a few instances where I needed to change channel to get NPCs working again but other than that I didn't have any issues.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
How much is TP supposed to be worth on release?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Is the thing that shows experience when you get a kill some kind of third party thing or am I missing some option somewhere?

I like seeing exp numbers, it sooths my spergs.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
We can't handle cool experience numbers so IMC kindly removed them from international to save us. Along with the number of dungeons we can enter a day.

Kylra posted:

How much is TP supposed to be worth on release?

~9 USD for 100 TP, and apparently you will buy it via steam wallet. Don't know if it will get the steam price changes by region but the founders packs did.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well I guess one of the advantages of using AWS is that you have a slew of locations you can use to host servers without a whole lot of extra legwork. Hopefully with the SEA and Euro servers we wont be lagging so much anymore.

e-Nope still taking like a year to switch gear and cast blessing

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 30, 2016

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
With the current lag, I find this to be a very good game to play while reading a book or watching a TV show or filing taxes.

A few things regarding the lag: quest objectives and turn-in npcs will eventually trigger, it takes a few seconds to a few minutes, so just hunker down until it works. Sometimes this times out and you cannot pick up loot, period. Switch channels and try again. If you're in a "cutscene" and you finish your objective but nothing happens, switch channels as this will trigger the reward.

The weird naming system has me as McCheese Mayor so that's cool too.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Aren't the EU and SEA servers still located on the US east coast until a later date? imc said these two servers were temporary until they could get them over to their respective locales.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The servers are permanent, the physical servers themselves will be relocated to the respective regions at a later date

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

strong bird posted:

The servers are permanent, the physical servers themselves will be relocated to the respective regions at a later date

That's what I was getting at, didn't mean to imply that they weren't going to exist anymore. Temporary as in, temporarily still physically located on US East, hence the bad quest/skill response times.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's to encourage people who live in EU to roll there instead of on the Real, Not Fake NA servers

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Why even have physical servers in TYOOL 2016. Run it all in AWS or something and just move the instances around availability zones. Oh look tons more people are on the servers than we planned for and everything is lagged as poo poo, lets spin up more instances on the fly and we can easily remove them later in response to demand.

Would basically solve this 'every mmo launch is garbage' trend.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Does anyone know where the Ashaq Prison L2 collection chest is?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I started doing the Osha questline and got to the dungeon when suddenly some dude comes running with a field boss chasing him. A few people started fighting it and eventually more started showing up and we ended up killing it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

That's what I was getting at, didn't mean to imply that they weren't going to exist anymore. Temporary as in, temporarily still physically located on US East, hence the bad quest/skill response times.

The thing is that with AWS, they'll easily be able to move them around to the other parts because the infrastructure is already there. They dont need need to get another company to host and whatever.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Lotsa negative reviews on steam. Is it still gud?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Is Highlander a good choice to max before picking Fencer? That block skill that buffs pierce damage sounds pretty nice.

SweetBro posted:

A lot of those are from the time idiot children were mad that the game wasn't out yet. I think that the game's pretty decent so far, but it has it's issues and if you have doubts you should probably look up some streams of it and see how the gameplay looks to you. Also it's going f2p in a month.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 30, 2016

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The thing is that with AWS, they'll easily be able to move them around to the other parts because the infrastructure is already there. They dont need need to get another company to host and whatever.

I assume that perhaps the developers need to schedule a maintenance period at some point for this?

SweetBro posted:

It's still mostly revolving around either the server issues or the typical letdown that comes after an impulse buy (especially based on RO nostalgia, in this case) for early access to MMOs. The art style, music and combat system (a minority of skills broken by latency aside) are still there, some people can stomach the typical kMMO experience laid on top of it and some people realize they can't (or prefer not to).

fake edit: Oh yeah, people being mad they can't play the game for free yet.

Salt shaker out though, I'm kind of armchairing my thoughts on the entire game in general since I only have CBT experience and won't have the time to start again until around late next month or May.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SweetBro posted:

game is solid with a reasonably fun combat system, good art and music and a rad class system. it is a themepark mmo though so that might not be to your tastes!

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Okay, I'm in. I'm Ori Kiss_Shot on Klaipeda. Send guild invite.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Won't be a guild for a while. Just hang out in the discord and get 98% of the benefit of being in a guild.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm seriously considering making a standard fencer and then picking templar for 7th circle. Leveling shouldn't be an issue since fencer is solid with just one circle but loving actually a leading a guild.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The game is an extremely on-rails themepark MMO, but looks in every possible way like a throwback to Ragnarok Online which plays very differently. Expectations were very high that this would finally be the successor to RO, especially considering it's the same program director. Many items, monsters, environments, bosses, and classes are pulled right from RO and in some cases classes have identical skill names that function the exact same way.

RO:

quote:

Pierce:
Number of hits depends on the size of the target. Small = 1, Medium = 2, Large = 3

TOS:

quote:

Pierce:
Medium-type Targets: 2 consecutive attacks
Large-type Targets: 3 consecutive attacks

So yeah, there are a lot of butthurt people slamming the game with negative reviews because it's simply not what they expected.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

orphean posted:

Won't be a guild for a while. Just hang out in the discord and get 98% of the benefit of being in a guild.

loving casuals. I expected more from the great goon sperg.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
What stat split would people recommend for a Wizard > Cryo 3 > Summoner 3? (I might only go Summoner 2 and pick something else for the last class, but for now this will do.)

I've heard 2 Int 2 Spi 1 Con, as well as 2 Int 1 Spi 1 Con, and even just 3 Int 1 Con. :psyduck:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm a fan of 3int 1 spi

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

SweetBro posted:

loving casuals. I expected more from the great goon sperg.

To be fair its because the game requires a c7 class, Templar, to create a guild. You actually have to level a dude up. So its basically the spergist possible way to go about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Once you unlock templar every one of your characters is considered a guild master because they belong to the same family. So its not as bad as it seems. Who knows, once actual gvg content exists that isn't trolling other guilds by burning their crops they might even be useful.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I actually almost respect that.

Does that mean if I go alchemist everyone is going to be begging for my swt pootang to get them better gear?

Any other traditionally all access mmo mechanics class locked here?

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LegalPad posted:

The game is an extremely on-rails themepark MMO, but looks in every possible way like a throwback to Ragnarok Online which plays very differently. Expectations were very high that this would finally be the successor to RO, especially considering it's the same program director. Many items, monsters, environments, bosses, and classes are pulled right from RO and in some cases classes have identical skill names that function the exact same way.

RO:

TOS:

So yeah, there are a lot of butthurt people slamming the game with negative reviews because it's simply not what they expected.

Ragnarok Online was a better game overall.

• Locked thread