Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]
[HP:9/9][AC:17]

Ja'eel hops down off of his mount at the outer limits of the town, taking a couple steps towards it before stopping in thought. He turns to the rest of the group before saying, "All these bodies... I wonder if there's anyone left... and what happened to them." He shakes his head before continuing, "I think we should probably check the outskirts to see if we're safe before we do anything else. Your thoughts?"

does this post formatting look ok?

---
Character Post
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 15
Hit Dice: (1d8/1d8) Hero Points: (2/2)
Class:
Warding Flare: (3/3)
Spells (Prepared)
Save DC: 13
1: (2/2)

===============================
Prepared Spells
0. Sensing Eye (p), Light (d), Guidance, Resistance, Sacred Flame
1. Burning Hands (d), Faerie Fire (d), Command, Healing Word, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith

e: I decided that I'll keep my prepared spells in this post only and keep a link to it in my posts, just to save some page space!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Ja'eel nods back, sliding his spear free from his back and slipping his left arm into his wooden heater shield.

Ja'eel will follow behind Tara. He has a 15 passive perception so he can hopefully see something /before/ it's hitting Tara in the face :v:

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

e: dumb question

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 29, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

As Ja'eel follows Tara, he scans the town, occasionally glancing over in the direction of Obsidian and Haffanu. Upon seeing Obsidian pointing, he quietly and sharply shouts, "Halt!" to Tara, and quickly points at Obsidian with his spear. He then lowers it and shields his eyes from the sun with his hand, scanning the villiage and mesa in the direction that Obsidian is pointing and gesturing.

Does Ja'eel notice the waving figure?
[wis] Perception: 1d20+5 17

I'm guessing yes

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Wary of an ambush, Ja'eel pauses a second to get a feel for the man's intentions before acting.

Does Ja'eel think this is an ambush?
[wis] Insight: 1d20+5 19

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Getting the feeling that the man isn't intending to ambush him, Ja'eel taps Tara with his hand and nods towards the man, hoping she'll follow. He walks over to him, keeping a strong grip on his spear and glancing cautiously into the houses that he passes as he approaches. Once he's close enough to the man to speak normally, he asks, "Why must we come inside? What threat is out here that attacks man and yet not his beasts?"

Does Ja'eel notice anything odd about the village on his way to meet the man [wis] Perception: 1d20+5 13

Also, my insight roll should still apply for the rest of this interaction, right?

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

TychoBrahesNose posted:

Unless someone can communicate with Haffanu magically/psionically, I'll go into Stealth mode next in order to retrieve him.[/i]

Tara has Project Thoughts, but it only has a 25ft radius. It may be better to go grab him her yourself?

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 5, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

"What of the boy then?" Ja'eel asks. "If he yet lives, he would certainly be on the mesa with the Aarakocra. We will have to go up there regardless. Though if they fly in waves, we might ambush the first shift and search the mesa for the second and the boy once they are dealt with. It would surely be easier to assault a weakened force."

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

"I'm not great with a bow, but I can cover GL with my spear and fire as she talks to our Carru friends if she would like," Ja'eel states. "Just to clarify our course of action, after the next couple waves we are following them back to their roost while trying to remain unseen, correct?" he asks.

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Actually now that I think about it...

"How long has your village been under the siege of the Aarakocra? I would like to know how well prepared they would be up in their roosts; the longer they have stood, the more entrenched they might be," Ja'eel asks, looking towards the elder as he does so.

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 12, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

"I would rather move after them at once as they leave as a full force. I feel it's not worth the risk for us to send Haffanu by herself. After all, what if she gets there and is discovered?" Ja'eel asks rhetorically. "The man says two waves of two Aarakocra. Even assuming they have a leader back at their encampment, we would still outnumber them."

Ja'eel votes for the plan of following the last wave of Aarakocra back to their base and attacking them then

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I'm down

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Hey guys, i may be going to the hospital for a week or so, I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, someone (or even the DM) can take over Ja'eel in combat if anything happens that requires it.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Ja'eel follows quickly after the group, having been preoccupied with ensuring his shield was properly secured onto his arm after the Aarakocra left. Once he catches up, he slows his pace and lowers his profile, occasionally checking his footing while constantly scanning the horizon along the way.

[dex] Stealth: 1d20+1 18
e: forgot I have disadvantage on stealth:
[dex] Stealth (disadvantage): 1d20+1 20

= 18

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 28, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Ja'eel moves closer to the aarakocra to guard his companions, gesturing with his right hand towards the heavens and softly muttering some incomprehensible words as he moves before pulling down his hand into a fist in the direction of the flying one.

Move to L14, cast Sacred Flame on aarakocra at K7

edit: forgot to roll damage: Sacred Flame: 1d8 5
---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

[Ja'eel]

Ja'eel sidesteps the Aarakocra's wayward stab before lunging back with his own spear.

Attack Aarakocra 2: 1d20+4 13 1d6+2 7

---
Character Post
Class:
Spells (Prepared)

e: added post frame

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 19, 2016