Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BWV posted:

2 of the 3 "main events" have cards in which every person involved will be cheered for slightly different reasons. That's pretty good. Jericho and Styles put on fun matches. New Day doing anything is awesome. Sasha-Becky-Charlotte will be good. And the ladder gently caress fest should be good as well. AND YET, the general stink and apathy towards the Reigns/HHH match has basically put a poo poo stink on the whole thing.

This is honest to God true and it is AMAZING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I went to the raw and had a great time making GBS threads on the bad things and cheering the good. Upper level was the best crowd and hard cam side was the worst.

Havent had that much fun at a raw in a while. It was nice seeing the coach.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Or other obvious ending: Austin comes out, stunners Taker, throws Shane on top of him and flips off Vince as he spazzes out at ringside.

Cena would be good, Austin would be perfect as a one-off and I hope it's what happens, the crowd won't even be sad to see Taker lose if they get to see Austin combined with knowing Shane will run Raw. I don't know if Cena's the type of guy to end a legend's ability to wrestle on WM just to put another guy in charge, but I can totally be Austin being willing to do it just to stick it to Vince.

The commentary called Reigns vs. HHH the main event like all throughout the final segment, so I'm just assuming that's going on last. I'm sure other WM's have ended in boos, but it's just such a weird notion to see the conquering hero getting huge boos to close out the show, and not the rare instance where a heel retains the title at WM, or Austin turns heel with Vince to close out WM, etc.

It really is a case where Reigns/HHH will cast a shadow over the show too. Dean/Lesnar will be great, Shane/Taker will be great for spectacle if not workrate, New Day always delivers, the IC ladder match will be a fun spotfest, none of the rest of the card is aggressively offensive (the closest may be the "throw all the divas in a match" ...match, but that's usually there anyway), but unless they work some real magic on what is almost certainly the last match it's going to leave a sour taste.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't really have anything constructive to say, I just want to quote this gif from the OP.

I don't know who that guy is, or whether he wants some (and what he should do if that is the case)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am legitimately really loving excited for the Raw after WrestleMania

This Mania season has been like the time I had C. Diff (a staph infection that came not entirely far from killin' ya boy) and I was taking medicines that made me want to die but I knew I needed to do it to get to better things and I knew that was probably going to be the worst I'd ever feel physically speaking so there was this odd serenity and optimism even in the suffering.

What I'm saying is this WrestleMania is C. Diff.

1. Glad you made it, staph infections suck and are unfun

2. I'm looking forward to seeing Enzo & Cass and Bayley debut. Maybe they'll even give the team a title reign and not gently caress up Bayley, but I'm absolutely not that optimistic yet considering how easily this build hosed up every feud except maybe Dean/Brock, so I'll just settle for them having decent debuts the company doesn't gently caress up. Hopefully that can be achieved.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BWV posted:

2 of the 3 "main events" have cards in which every person involved will be cheered for slightly different reasons. That's pretty good. Jericho and Styles put on fun matches. New Day doing anything is awesome. Sasha-Becky-Charlotte will be good. And the ladder gently caress fest should be good as well. AND YET, the general stink and apathy towards the Reigns/HHH match has basically put a poo poo stink on the whole thing.

But since I'm watching at home and I would expect that HHH/Reigns is the final match, I can just go over to see who gets killed on The Walking Dead or do anything else. I refuse to let the booking of this match taint the rest of the evening.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

BWV posted:

Bah, you summed this up while I was writing my previous post and did it more succinctly. Great minds think alike I guess.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I get it but it wasn't a one on one encounter and there were all kinds of shenanigans. I'd still say Sami besting him in a singles match will be a big thing.

Right, but you only get one first pin. Like the best equivalent I can think of is Raven and Tommy Dreamer, for years they managed to avoid giving the fans what they wanted to see, Tommy getting a pin over Raven to the point that even when Tommy beat Raven in a tag match it would be his partner who got the cover.

Sami pinning Owens will mean little not just because they haven't protected the finish but equally because they seem absolutely determined to not actually use any of the history they've built up for them under their own umbrella, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know who that guy is, or whether he wants some (and what he should do if that is the case)

THAT'S THE WALL BROTHER! THAT'S THE WALL UP THERE BROTHER!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

That's the wall brother!!
E:gently caress you

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Literally the only thing they could do to make this more of a stinker was put Eva on the show.

So they put Eva on the show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

But since I'm watching at home and I would expect that HHH/Reigns is the final match, I can just go over to see who gets killed on The Walking Dead or do anything else. I refuse to let the booking of this match taint the rest of the evening.

It's kinda funny that something's on pace to happen at both Mania and Walking Dead on the same day. That's the best thing I can say about it aside from "hopefully it doesn't end on a loving cliffhanger this time"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

1. Glad you made it, staph infections suck and are unfun

2. I'm looking forward to seeing Enzo & Cass and Bayley debut. Maybe they'll even give the team a title reign and not gently caress up Bayley, but I'm absolutely not that optimistic yet considering how easily this build hosed up every feud except maybe Dean/Brock, so I'll just settle for them having decent debuts the company doesn't gently caress up. Hopefully that can be achieved.

1. Thanks buddy that;s kind of you, you could literally count my ribs at one point I was so emaciated.

2. I'm still holding out hope they have Dean beat Brock and build to a Shield Triple Threat at Summerslam which...:getin:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Y2Jackrear end

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

booman pains

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skinty McEdger posted:

You know I sort of hoped that maybe Sami finally beating Owens might be something of a deal. Not even a big deal, just perhaps a small deal.

Alas.

You may not have watched enough WWE if you still thought that basically at any time.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I guess it was a good go home show in that it was successful in making the crowd in attendance want to go home.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Ambrose and Lesnar is going to be a really fun match that no one will remember because the ending is going to be completely ruined by the Wyatts interfering.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Kofi's a cool guy

https://twitter.com/truekofi/status/714638459869249536

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

the boos for eva are incredible

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Shima Honnou posted:

You may not have watched enough WWE if you still thought that basically at any time.

I've been watching too much well booked stuff on the network. This has been my mistake.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dean Ambrose in the back lovingly painting his logo on a wagon.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

just got to the roman sucks chants rofl

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I guess it was a good go home show in that it was successful in making the crowd in attendance want to go home.

thank god it wasn't a west coast Raw or the crowd would have all left before the dark main

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wrestlemania: we don't have to go out

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
One of my favorite things is how they made a big deal about how important it is to a wrestler's career to appear at Wrestlemania in the Ryder and Styles segments, and then Eva Marie immediately gets a mania moment!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Ambrose and Lesnar is going to be a really fun match that no one will remember because the ending is going to be completely ruined by the Wyatts interfering.

Were the Wyatts even on this show

Were they the only ones the company decided to let heal for Mania

Have they even been announced for the battle royal

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

OctoberCountry posted:

If Dean gets his hand raised due to Wyatts interference, that would be extremely disappointing. There's probably a 50/50 chance of that happening, sadly

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Were the Wyatts even on this show

Were they the only ones the company decided to let heal for Mania

Have they even been announced for the battle royal

Literally the only thing re: Wyatts @ Mania has been a cryptic segment from Bray on WWE.com where he said he would be involved but no one would see it coming or some such nonsense.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

mkay0 posted:

If Dean gets his hand raised due to Wyatts interference, that would be extremely disappointing. There's probably a 50/50 chance of that happening, sadly

Yeah, drat I'd rather him lose than get that kind of tainted win.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! :psyduck:

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
bray abducts eva marie and turns her into sister abigail

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is the rest of raw worth watching for the eva marie reaction??

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I understand now. The scoops have always been with us. The scoops are eternal. The scoops are life itself.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Scoops.

Then.
Now.
Forever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NowonSA posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! :psyduck:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The scoops are traveling through time!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

he's scooped back in time! (that's how that movie worked i presume i never saw it)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

I understand now. The scoops have always been with us. The scoops are eternal. The scoops are life itself.

don't work yourself into a scoop, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Coach dancing with New Day out of nowhere!

• Locked thread