Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Minimalist Program posted:

That's a cool as heck yard.

Here's my yard again. It's pretty hard to photograph, because everything is so overgorown but there's like this whole second section behind the swingset + trees and its basically twice the size of what you can see here and I don't know if I have the mental or physical strength to hit all of it with my rake

That looks like it could be a really nice beautiful yard if you actually took care of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Overgrown yards are really good actually.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Overgrown yards are really good actually.

as long as it's all native I agree

look at this steep rear end hill I have to mow

now look at my back yard (pawg joke)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ChairmanMeow posted:

as long as it's all native I agree

look at this steep rear end hill I have to mow

now look at my back yard (pawg joke)

That's a cool hill but I don't know how you can mow it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

goons with yards thanks for letting me vicariously enjoy them :wave:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
you just mow the top bit then weed wack the rest

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

let them grow free and wild and buy a pith helmet

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
not sure if it counts as a yard pic w all that non yard stuff in it like walls and bbq

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I often have dreams about skeletons coming out of the woods to kill me.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 30, 2016

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i can even see a brick patio and some other structure entirely that i assume doesn't belong either to you or your yard, tbh op i would rate this a solid 6 or 7/10, an excceltnt yard it looks like but not such an excellent yard pic

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

nomadologique posted:

i can even see a brick patio and some other structure entirely that i assume doesn't belong either to you or your yard, tbh op i would rate this a solid 6 or 7/10, an excceltnt yard it looks like but not such an excellent yard pic

Thank you. I am happy about the yard but I am not happy wrt. my skills re: photographing the yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Here's a picture of the main patio, which is directly in front of the yard, and which is where I usually stand when I attempt to photograph the yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
So far, my experiments with hitting the patio + patio furniture with a rake have not yielded positive results and the grapevines are out of control.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I often have dreams about skeletons coming out of the woods to kill me.

This looks like a cool place to hang out with friends, and play some drat ball.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like your patio you have a lovely back of your home

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

I like your patio you have a lovely back of your home

Thanks, there's a second small patio way in the back.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The little old couple that lived here before never did any real yard work so I'm still uncovering these flagstone formations all over the place and its sort of like a treasaure hunt.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I took a drump in your yard.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

had a jerk in your birdbath

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

self sucked behind your tool shed

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
A guy at work told me I should know how to use github and I'm sitting here making "bwuh? Zuh?? Wuh...???" noises at my computer and I can't figure it out and I'm strongly considering bringing my rake to work tomorrow to hit the guy.

e: Basically I like my rake and if you want an idea of how I feel about it and what my life is like, imagine that classic scene from the Simpsons (Cape Feare) where sideshow bob keeps stepping on rakes and going "grhjm," except instead of a cartoon character its a sad white dude discovering a bunch of rakes and going "oh, excellent." over and over.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Bro it's called a patio. The yard is really big but I didn't take pictures of the grass because that's lame.

Believe it when I see it Habeeb

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

A guy at work told me I should know how to use github and I'm sitting here making "bwuh? Zuh?? Wuh...???" noises at my computer and I can't figure it out and I'm strongly considering bringing my rake to work tomorrow to hit the guy.

e: Basically I like my rake and if you want an idea of how I feel about it and what my life is like, imagine that classic scene from the Simpsons (Cape Feare) where sideshow bob keeps stepping on rakes and going "grhjm," except instead of a cartoon character its a sad white dude discovering a bunch of rakes and going "oh, excellent." over and over.
whats hard about github :confused:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

whats hard about github :confused:

I suspect that github is not hard, and that my trouble with understanding it is mainly due to my extreme level of being a retard.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

using git on a basic level is pretty easy really.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/basic-git-commands-776639767.html

just print that out

edit: you may want something with a good visual diff tool like Sourcetree to help you out, but i don't know exactly what you need to do with git.

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 31, 2016

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
This yard is looking up.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I suspect that github is not hard, and that my trouble with understanding it is mainly due to my extreme level of being a retard.
trust me, theres a lot of people with autism that can use github just fine, maybe you're just too neurotypical

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Here's a picture of the main patio, which is directly in front of the yard, and which is where I usually stand when I attempt to photograph the yard.

Thats actually a pretty nice little patio you got there, surf-duck

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

This is my front yard. Probably gonna put some planter boxes out there 'cause that is where the sun is.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

That's a cool as heck yard.

Here's my yard again. It's pretty hard to photograph, because everything is so overgorown but there's like this whole second section behind the swingset + trees and its basically twice the size of what you can see here and I don't know if I have the mental or physical strength to hit all of it with my rake

Cool, I wish my backyard had another house in it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I can't garden, but I live across the street from the botanical gardens so I pretend that that's my yard.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Sheep-Goats posted:

Here's a picture of my dad's lawn I took last year or so because the lawn was at Peak Grass

I'd never been impressed by grass before

I would lounge on that grass

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

amusinginquiry posted:

I would lounge on that grass

It's some drat nice grass.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
That's not your yard.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
Any goones here have a gazebo? I want some great gazebo pics

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

HAha I don't know man, I just use a rake and wear gloves and pull poo poo I don't like to look at out of the ground w. my hands.

e: there's a bunch of moss in my lawn it's probably 60% moss at this point and I'm just out there like a retard with a rake, because I guess we're like a no-chemical household.

Salt water helps take care of moss. You really gotta go like, 70% salt and 30% water, and let it sit for a while. So you gotta make sure it's not a day when it's gonna rain, or else that shits gonna dilute and do gently caress all. Maybe like roadsalt? Only problem with roadsalt is most of that poo poo has chemicals and jazz in it.

That or bleach works great with moss.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Thanks, there's a second small patio way in the back.

Thank you for sharing these. Your patio's and swing look very nice.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

excellent patio, excellent patio pic

i see you on the up and up in this world minimalist program!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Clicked expecting pictures of three-foot-long cocks.
Left disappointed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Don't believe Minimalist that's not their yard.

• Locked thread