Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In less than seven hours I am most definitely and without a doubt going to post a picture of my yard ITT (in this thread) so if you feel like yard-chat is something you want to participate in, then this post is a heads up to let you know that yes, there's going to be a picture of my yard here pretty soon and I will be in the market for talking about lawn care, hedges and even my grill. It's a Weber gas grill and I got it from my father in law when he upgraded to a bigger model. Now I feel that was a mistake, since whenever we're together he mentions that my gas grill is smaller than his, which is essentially a way for him to seem like a bigger and more economically wealthy man than me, the man who is married to his daughter. So in that way, I do kinda regret not just buying a big gas grill myself, but on the other hand I use the thing like maybe 5 times a year and I don't really like it, so it's really money saved if you think about it.

Anyway, the picture is going up pretty soon and I will be interested in having a nice, civil yard-related chat with other goons here, later. Thank you and god bless.

fake : looking at this thread in the preview it's very... I dunno, dry-looking? Like there's just s a paragraph of text and not much to catch the eye, so here's my favourite forums smiley: :itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Right now I am watching a series of youtube tutorials on how to use an old fashioned loom and let me tell you I am way in over my head, here. The yard pic is still coming though.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

thanks op i like the pictur

The picture is not up yet, but it will be soonishly.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

bradzilla posted:

This is OP's gimmick, he won't post the yard, sorry goons. Just check the PYF Goon Pic thread for proof.

Actually, if you check the PYF selfie thread you will find that I did in fact post a picture of my yard there, in 2014.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Here's the yard.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Questions?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Say, how do you get rid of the henbit and speedwell? I tried using Weed-b-Gone (well, a knockoff) a couple of weeks ago and it didn't do squat. Was the weather too cool or something?

HAha I don't know man, I just use a rake and wear gloves and pull poo poo I don't like to look at out of the ground w. my hands.

e: there's a bunch of moss in my lawn, like it's probably 60% moss at this point and I'm just out there like a retard with a rake, because I guess we're like a no-chemical household.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I don't see you posting your yard, in the yard thread!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Your trees could use a bit of a trim as could the under brush of those flowers, bud. Other than that, it's a nice lil yard

Haha I don't know what I am doing and mostly I'm just out there hitting the trees, plants and lawn with my rake and scaring the birds.

e:

Moola posted:

I don't care for this yard at all

I'm going to flippin hit you with my rake, dude.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

that yard is dumb as hell

I can't believe you're doing this to me, in my own thread.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I cna't believe that posting a picture of my yard on something awful has resulted in my yard getting flamed.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

gizmojumpjet posted:

My dad is all about the lawn and would literally have a heart attack if he saw yours. My dad's a nice guy you jerk.

We bought the house and it's my first lawn + yard and I have no idea what I'm doing :(

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I still need some meaningful advice on how to deal with henbit and speedwell.

You hit it with a rake.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I am going to get a dog and let it play in the yard at some point.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Here's a picture of my dad's lawn I took last year or so because the lawn was at Peak Grass

I'd never been impressed by grass before

That's good looking grass.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
A man could rake for weeks and still not have that fine a yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I like your yard, iggy.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Tafferling posted:

Here's my yard(vase)
Pretty proud of them, they soldiered through winter admirably and now they're going crazy!

Edit: That was a huge , TIMGed

Those are good looking flowers. What kind of rake do you hit them with...?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
That's a cool as heck yard.

Here's my yard again. It's pretty hard to photograph, because everything is so overgorown but there's like this whole second section behind the swingset + trees and its basically twice the size of what you can see here and I don't know if I have the mental or physical strength to hit all of it with my rake

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

Can I swing on your wings set

No it's already cracked a little bit in the top beam because I sat down on it once and it's designed for kids.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Unshaved Moose posted:

I don't have a yard. I have a parking lot though!

Post a picture of your drat lot, brother.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I got this rake and let me tell you, it owns for beating the poo poo out of bits and pieces of nature that you somehow own:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ChairmanMeow posted:

Hello friend, that ivy is pretty but it's going to go under your gutters and shingles and gently caress up your roof and stuff. Pull it down! If you want whatever.

You're right. I pulled down a thick wall of the stuff on the other side of the house and it'd gotten up under the shingles and it took me all day to get out. :( If it'd been up to me I would just take it all down but the wife really likes it.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ChairmanMeow posted:

as long as it's all native I agree

look at this steep rear end hill I have to mow

now look at my back yard (pawg joke)

That's a cool hill but I don't know how you can mow it.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

nomadologique posted:

i can even see a brick patio and some other structure entirely that i assume doesn't belong either to you or your yard, tbh op i would rate this a solid 6 or 7/10, an excceltnt yard it looks like but not such an excellent yard pic

Thank you. I am happy about the yard but I am not happy wrt. my skills re: photographing the yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Here's a picture of the main patio, which is directly in front of the yard, and which is where I usually stand when I attempt to photograph the yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
So far, my experiments with hitting the patio + patio furniture with a rake have not yielded positive results and the grapevines are out of control.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I often have dreams about skeletons coming out of the woods to kill me.

This looks like a cool place to hang out with friends, and play some drat ball.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

I like your patio you have a lovely back of your home

Thanks, there's a second small patio way in the back.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The little old couple that lived here before never did any real yard work so I'm still uncovering these flagstone formations all over the place and its sort of like a treasaure hunt.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
A guy at work told me I should know how to use github and I'm sitting here making "bwuh? Zuh?? Wuh...???" noises at my computer and I can't figure it out and I'm strongly considering bringing my rake to work tomorrow to hit the guy.

e: Basically I like my rake and if you want an idea of how I feel about it and what my life is like, imagine that classic scene from the Simpsons (Cape Feare) where sideshow bob keeps stepping on rakes and going "grhjm," except instead of a cartoon character its a sad white dude discovering a bunch of rakes and going "oh, excellent." over and over.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

whats hard about github :confused:

I suspect that github is not hard, and that my trouble with understanding it is mainly due to my extreme level of being a retard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

amusinginquiry posted:

I would lounge on that grass

It's some drat nice grass.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Some drat good yard pics on this page.

CloFan posted:

Found some! You can see my property line by where I mowed, I need to build a fence. Maybe if I just hit it with a rake a fence will pop up?

You would need an extremely powerful rake...

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

sporklift posted:

Yard mowed then beat down with rakes.

Mower old.

That's a powerful rake.

Yard update: my kid and I found a mouse. He lives in a hole under one of the trees. We've seen him two days in a row and she's calling him "her mouse" ::3:

Tangentiel yard-like update. While my house is not a yard (it's a house), I've just spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to get my underfloor heating back online since the entire house suddenly lost heating today and it turned out that for some reason the microcontroller controlling all the valves had rebooted or something, and none of the valves, there were like 10, were marked so I had to trace them and sort of experiment and it was hard work and my wife wouldn't let me hit the hardwood floors with my rake, which would have solved the problem.

e: how the hell do you use that POS mower to accomplish anything, mine has more horse power than my freaking car and I can barely bring myself to actually mow anything.

Minimalist Program fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 6, 2016

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
here's a picture of a flower I took a picture of today.

tomorrow I'm going to take a picture of my rake, and my kid's kid-size rake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

something fell in my yard

Jesus christ what kind of rake did you hit that tree with to make it do that.

• Locked thread