Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Got my 1-ALL on DDP.

Much "YES!!!"-ing occurred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats I never actually did that after trying for a week and then stopping

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it's a very forgiving game, considering the fuckton of bombs it gives you, not to mention three easily achievable extends. I think I died with a full bomb stock in stage 3 on that run and still made it through.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Did you learn chaining for the score extennds?

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012
Ordering a seimitsu ls-32 for a dedicated shump stick im working on.

I wanna try out Raiden V, it looks decent.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Is it fascism yet posted:

Did you learn chaining for the score extennds?

Nope. Ignoring chaining completely I got the first score extend at stage 3 and the second at stage 6.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spambort posted:

Ordering a seimitsu ls-32 for a dedicated shump stick im working on.

I wanna try out Raiden V, it looks decent.

I have that stick and it's awesome but sometimes the ball top loosens up after extended use and I have to rescrew it. Could just me being an idiot though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm using whatever came with the hrap 3. A sanwa something-or-other with a restrictor I can switch between 4-way and 8-way. The 4-way I use for Tetris or on the rare occasion I want to play donkey kong or Pacman or some other really old game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8-way gate :staredog:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
dariusburst cs is on sale on psn i bought it and the sega dlc pack :megaman:

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012

In Training posted:

I have that stick and it's awesome but sometimes the ball top loosens up after extended use and I have to rescrew it. Could just me being an idiot though

No, i used to have one before and it'd do the same thing but theres a semi-solution. While its mounted, use a flathead screw driver or wide chisel with good grip into the bottom of the stick shaft and grip the balltop with the other hand and try to tighten it as hard as you can.
Eventually had to swap it out for a sanwa jlf because tekken with a ls-32 is a pain.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
e: nvm I think I'm thinking of something else

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I installed steam to buy mushihimesama

e: wondering what 1.5 is

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Frame rate issues on a 12 year old 2D arcade game.......for the lose!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mycophobia posted:

I installed steam to buy mushihimesama

1.5 was a special edited version they made to sell during a convention, it's got different bullet patterns and remixed music.

it's supposed to have slowdown sometimes btw otherwise some of the bosses would be impossible

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It's not slowdown im complaining about, there's just random rear end stuttering every once in a while that is incredibly annoying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

It's not slowdown im complaining about, there's just random rear end stuttering every once in a while that is incredibly annoying

thats strange, ive never had issues with the steam version of Mushi.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if you're having trouble try turning off the extra windows. those can cause stuttering for some people.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
good game http://store.steampowered.com/app/463070/

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
oddly enabling vsync in the ini file has fixed the stuttering

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I had crazy tearing in steam mushi until I cut on vsync in the Nvidia control panel doohickey

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mushi original clear is imminent...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is it just me or is arrange mushi easier than normal mushi

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
if you're not just talking about the autobomb I think it does have some altered bullet patterns. I couldn't tell you which ones, though.

e: also the six options makes the game slow down more often, whereas in maniac you can only have a maximum of 4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah, and the enemies fire more bullets so in general there's always a lot more slowdown going on

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

i do wish cave made it clearer what each mode was in their previous releases, i had to look at guides for mushi and smiles

they have little descriptions on the DFK steam page so i guess they got a lot of requests about that...

yeah i just got this, it's pretty fun!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DDP Resurrection is set to release Friday on steam. Getting excited

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
cool indie danmaku Blue Revolver is out this week, get that as well/instead http://store.steampowered.com/app/439490

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

cool indie danmaku Blue Revolver is out this week, get that as well/instead http://store.steampowered.com/app/439490

its really fun

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

ya i've been beta testing it for a month or two and it's really good. the scoring is pretty unique, i like how it emphasizes short chains and then cashing out your multiplyer and has a couple different special weapns for scoring/offense, and more defensive weapons. AND i like that the game wants u use to use all your resources instead of hording them. imo its easily as good as japanese shmups. and the music is gr8

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's a 3 level demo as well https://woofycakes.itch.io/blue-revolver-v05 altho it's not entirely accurate as to how the game plays atm. the bosses are quite a bit harder now and the players have been changed up a bit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SHMUPtober

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also it has some cool training "tutorial" stages that i've never really seen in shmup, very nice, cool game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dfk is cool too, sort of, black label is good dfk vanilla i kind of hate, ketsupatchi is neat too and has some wicked remixes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Woofycakes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

ya i've been beta testing it for a month or two and it's really good. the scoring is pretty unique, i like how it emphasizes short chains and then cashing out your multiplyer and has a couple different special weapns for scoring/offense, and more defensive weapons. AND i like that the game wants u use to use all your resources instead of hording them. imo its easily as good as japanese shmups. and the music is gr8

yeah, the scoring system is simple and fun to do and i like it a lot. theres a lot of fun small things like the super long bomb invul and bombs turning bullets into sp weapon ammo so you can sorta use a bomb as a chance to do some dirt rather than just to get out of a bad situation. finding and doing all the different breaks in a level is fun. its just a real good game imo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Woofycakes

hes my friend

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Woofycakes: Sebmal.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

yeah, the scoring system is simple and fun to do and i like it a lot. theres a lot of fun small things like the super long bomb invul and bombs turning bullets into sp weapon ammo so you can sorta use a bomb as a chance to do some dirt rather than just to get out of a bad situation. finding and doing all the different breaks in a level is fun. its just a real good game imo

yeah. also, if you've only played the demo, u can maintain your chain with a bomb [coulnd't in the demo]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goood

• Locked thread