Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
blue revolver out http://store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I asked in games as well but has anybody tried this with a fight stick? Thats how I like to play and I just wanna make sure things will work nicely without annoying stuff (PS4 stick)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

I asked in games as well but has anybody tried this with a fight stick? Thats how I like to play and I just wanna make sure things will work nicely without annoying stuff (PS4 stick)

that's how I play, it works totally fine with a stick. the buttons are fire special and bomb, fire works like cave games where you tap for wide shot and hold for focused. there a button you can hold down for rapid fire too

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the strong at normal mode boy... thats me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

that's how I play, it works totally fine with a stick. the buttons are fire special and bomb, fire works like cave games where you tap for wide shot and hold for focused. there a button you can hold down for rapid fire too

ty I'm playing this now and it pwns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

the strong at normal mode boy... thats me

Now do parallel mode

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 12, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 8chain -> cash in scoring idea is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like using the blue girl with either power shot or option shot and the auto targeting arc bolts, its easy to blow up waves of x64 with it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the missile owns, it's my favorite.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

Now do parallel mode

someday, when im extremely powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For some reason I'm really bad at this game but ive done decently okay in other shmups. Can't reliably get past even stage one without dying on normal QQ

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i dont think, at least on normal, it gets actually hard til stage 4 but ive died plenty of times on 1-3 because im an idiot and bad. but i love shmapy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well after I posted that I had my best run, practice makes perfect I suppose. The breaks are cool to learn and hard to pull off in the heat of battle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i dont think, at least on normal, it gets actually hard til stage 4 but ive died plenty of times on 1-3 because im an idiot and bad. but i love shmapy.

Yeah it's patterns I've handled easily in like Cave games but I think I need to get used to how this game looks if that makes sense. It's all so high contrast cartoony that it's hard to keep track sometimes of the bullets

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ive seen a couple of people saying that but i feel like ive had the least amount of deaths due to not seeing a bullet in this game than anything ive played in the recent past. maybe i just got used to how it looks quick but i feel like the visuals are pretty clear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I booted up Mushi to compare the two and I realized whats throwing me off is that the rapid fire movement speed is faster than that, which is the only shmup Ive ever put more than 2 hours into. So Ive been overcompensating on my movements

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

For some reason I'm really bad at this game but ive done decently okay in other shmups. Can't reliably get past even stage one without dying on normal QQ

Sounds like your a newb baha

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I booted up Mushi to compare the two and I realized whats throwing me off is that the rapid fire movement speed is faster than that, which is the only shmup Ive ever put more than 2 hours into. So Ive been overcompensating on my movements

Mushi does the rapid fire and focused poo poo type thing too ?-?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but I mean the regular move speed is just slightly faster than mushi. Also i suck at shmups

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
im gonna get into battle garegga when its released on ps4. m2 makes really good ports and i hope they make money porting STGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got to stage 4 today. Im getting better at it, and stage 4 feels like the same amount of bullets as like stage 2 hard, its got a good ramp. Ive been loving this game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Got to stage 4 today. Im getting better at it, and stage 4 feels like the same amount of bullets as like stage 2 hard, its got a good ramp. Ive been loving this game

or u playing on normal mode? the difficulty does scale up pretty good in stage 4 and 5 even on normal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

or u playing on normal mode? the difficulty does scale up pretty good in stage 4 and 5 even on normal

Yeah normal while I learn good chaining practices. I played some of the medium difficulty as well and can get to stage 3, it seems like its the same enemy patterns with harder bullet ones so if i practice layouts on normal I can get easier extends on hard and increase my chances of survival

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also like that using a bomb isnt much of a score loss so I use them liberally

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Yeah normal while I learn good chaining practices. I played some of the medium difficulty as well and can get to stage 3, it seems like its the same enemy patterns with harder bullet ones so if i practice layouts on normal I can get easier extends on hard and increase my chances of survival

once you get to the orange and red rank the patterns start changing :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's some charity arcade superplay stream going on this weekend drat it's like a gdq but cool instead of 99% boring crap, including kevinddr playing tetris and battle garegga :eyepop:

https://www.tiltify.com/events/superplay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

here's a better schedule https://www.tiltify.com/events/superplay

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
kevinddr is cool. hell, you can tell just by his name.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you posted the same link twice but I found this anyway https://horaro.org/superplay2016/schedule looks schweet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

you posted the same link twice but I found this anyway https://horaro.org/superplay2016/schedule looks schweet

oops thats the one l mean to post but my ctrl key is all gunked up with food and jizzum probably [well, not probaly about the food part]

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

discount cathouse posted:

im gonna get into battle garegga when its released on ps4. m2 makes really good ports and i hope they make money porting STGs

rank visualization is like the best idea to put in that port and it's going to be bad rear end

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't wait to see soft drink gently caress up ketsui live in front of a bigger audience

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gus doing the mushi futari is going to be sooo good

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

Nice. It's hard to find good commentated Runs of Arcade Games so this is a godsent

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the 1ccathon that happened a few weeks ago is cool too https://www.twitch.tv/1ccmarathon/videos/all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cracked 30 mill today just at the start of Stage 4, which is the last extend I believe? And theres that one extra life in Stage 3 that I found. Ive got a good handle on everything up to the Stage 3 boss but her second half phases pwns me and I haven't figured out her score break yet, every run thats where I fall apart completely.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Raiden V is $12.50 on XB1 if you have a gold sub

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hopefully somebody buys these extremely rare Blue Revolver trading cards for 400 dollars a pop that I just put on the marketplace.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stage 4 boss seems manageable, and I lost 3 freaking lives on Stage 3 boss. I should just practice the boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching the arcade thon and trying to get past stage 4 in revolver

• Locked thread