Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i played it on a cab and had fun but trying to find individual roms for MAME is really hard because everything I tried was broken. so now im waiting patiently for all 60 gigs of MAME games to finish downloading from Archive.org so i can play it

mame roms are really easy to find didude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

i played it on a cab and had fun but trying to find individual roms for MAME is really hard because everything I tried was broken. so now im waiting patiently for all 60 gigs of MAME games to finish downloading from Archive.org so i can play it

I surprised you had trouble fining DDP, but on the plus side you will now have the rom for every shmup that ever existed, so if someone tangentially mentions a game you can immediately fire it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i got my MAME updated properly and will stream DonPachi and DoDonPachi here https://www.twitch.tv/in_training maybe mushihime later.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

At some level that's all of them

ya, this was a black background white dot, no bs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i got my MAME updated properly and will stream DonPachi and DoDonPachi here https://www.twitch.tv/in_training maybe mushihime later.

donpachi is pretty crappy tbh but has a cool announcer and boss warning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

donpachi is pretty crappy tbh but has a cool announcer and boss warning

I didn't realize how hard these games would be if the enemies actually aimed their shots at you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the stages in donpachi are too drat long

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alright! ya did it kid!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the stages in donpachi are too drat long

did someone say long? :D

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thanks for playin his game. bye!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

alright! ya did it kid!

Thanks for playin' this game!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grabbing a beer and then booting up DoDonPachi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For those who missed it so far: I used 30 credits to bomb spam my way through the DonPachi first loop and then beat Stage 6 where every enemy explodes into a haphazard balloon of bullets on death and then stopped at Stage 7.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

gradiuus sucks arse

gradius 3 is good

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

For those who missed it so far: I used 30 credits to bomb spam my way through the DonPachi first loop and then beat Stage 6 where every enemy explodes into a haphazard balloon of bullets on death and then stopped at Stage 7.

I didn't even know it looped if you credit feed. Very dishonorable, Cave.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fiber posted:

Have any of yall played Dariusburst yet? I keep waiting for a good sale.

It's fun but I can't do the middle routes because the turtle and the pufferfish keep killing me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

starbarry clock posted:

gradius 3 is good

it's the worst memorizer of all time especially if u play the arcade version

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

it's the worst memorizer of all time especially if u play the arcade version

thats just one level that autoscrolls its otherwise pretty reaction based over muscle memory at least how i play

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'll take your word for it. i very muhc do not like gradius except for gaiden really on psx :thumbsup:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dodonpachi is way more fun than Donpachi but it's drat hard.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

They should be called MEME roms instead of mame t'would be lulzier

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
mexican people can't play arcade games on their computer because no mames

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Babylon Astronaut posted:

mexican people can't play arcade games on their computer because no mames

This smacks of prejudice, which I don't abide. Especially against the wonderful Mexican peoples. Mods. If this post could removed/edited. Thank you.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Tbh I don't really respect anyone in my life who doesn't have a full complement of up-to-date MAME roms on their HD. Which is noone but me.

edit: unspectacular but interesting shmups include... Exed Exes... Bio-Hazard Battle... Chimera Beast which was some unreleased poo poo with the dopest shmup ending where you have to let the final boss kill you and not continue to get the good end... if you're unable to rapidly follow along with these references in sequence, i pity your stunted existence.

This is a controversial opinion among R-Type fans, but I like Leo the best. It's chiller and the weapons and music ball hard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
of course i'm a functioning adult and i don't really hold any elitist opinions about video games. if you don't feel beholden to track down and download the latest pile of pirated garbage for the sake of pedantic compulsion i actually respect you more! :)

but.... i and all other MAME Men have all the shmups EVER like i OWN an ARCADE! so dear loser bitchs.... please EAT IT

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

of course i'm a functioning adult and i don't really hold any elitist opinions about video games. if you don't feel beholden to track down and download the latest pile of pirated garbage for the sake of pedantic compulsion i actually respect you more! :)

but.... i and all other MAME Men have all the shmups EVER like i OWN an ARCADE! so dear loser bitchs.... please EAT IT

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

so this is where Final Boss's intro came from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqeCjBaAvs

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

Wurning. Wurning. Be Careful. Giant turtle buster, "Busturtle" has appeared

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Dimahoo rules. Miyamoto supremacy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Cobweb Heart posted:

This is what happens when you buy research chemicals on darknet.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

let rear end kick together ♫

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

In Training posted:

Dodonpachi is way more fun than Donpachi but it's drat hard.

Don't forget to grab dodonpachi daioujou black label too, that one's pretty fun

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cobweb Heart posted:

thank you for these wildly bad posts for some reason op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all the pactchi games are fun. waell, donpachi isn't. my favorite one is saidaioujou tbh even though a lot of ppl complain about some overflow bug where you can make the score go insane? well, i don't care buddy. it's only on 360 atm tho :sigh;

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRcurlqi7Gg&t=3027s

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

all the pactchi games are fun. waell, donpachi isn't. my favorite one is saidaioujou tbh even though a lot of ppl complain about some overflow bug where you can make the score go insane? well, i don't care buddy. it's only on 360 atm tho :sigh;

isnt there a dodonpachi 3 or something that wasnt made by cave

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cool av

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

isnt there a dodonpachi 3 or something that wasnt made by cave

dodonpachi 2 was made by uh, igs or ags or whatever, in exchange for letting cave use the ags arcade hardware they used for daioujou and ketsui

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Is hey you pikachu a shump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Is hey you pikachu a shump

• Locked thread