Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ruddiger posted:

I love everything about this thread. Someone should feed some movie posters through the meat and jelly bean patterns and see what pops up.

+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MikeJF posted:

It's pretty clear that some style images work better than others for general use, I kinda wanna be collecting a list of the good ones.

...then roll the processing code into an app form, distribute along with a nice UI of all of the good source images and example outputs, allow linking to facebook/instagram/whatever the kids are using nowadays, have a pro version for the $5 pricepoint that doesn't put watermarks on, allows custom style images, and high-res outputs. Rake in the moolah. Deepart.app processed images become the new instagram filters, everyone hates them but they're used everywhere anyway. I don't care because I'm rich, you little shits.

Meat, jellybeans, pebbles, tiles, paintings with a lot of curved or angled patterns are the ones that seems to work the best. Some patterns like fur only produce images that look like it was placed under a transparent layer.

Compare that to this image that use leopard spots.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Have we tried throwing various fractals at the style? I imagine they'd do a great number on some photos.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Genovera posted:

Minecraft landscape, styled with a real landscape:

Whaaaat this blows my mind. I'm gonna try it with Terraria.

In the meantime:

+

Not the most original of mashups, but I had to do it. Came out a bit disappointing; way too blurry.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Anony Mouse posted:

it would probably work better with Terraria since the landscape in both is natively 2D, not 2D mashed with the 3D world of Minecraft

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Anony Mouse posted:

In the meantime:

+

Not the most original of mashups, but I had to do it. Came out a bit disappointing; way too blurry.

This is partially what I meant with resizing the pattern image. Would the result be better if the faces in the pattern image were approximately the same size as the faces in the photo?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wheany posted:

This is partially what I meant with resizing the pattern image. Would the result be better if the faces in the pattern image were approximately the same size as the faces in the photo?

Pattern scale is one of the parameters you can modify when generating the image. For paintings, for example, it defines the size of the brushstroke. I'm also pretty sure it's a relative parameter, so just resizing your image won't affect much. But that's just from what I understand.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Using fossils as a style turned out kinda Giger-esque. Also, god's a ram now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Here's a few I'd love to see used as styles.

YeOldePoop
Jan 25, 2015
Spaghetti produces some horrifying results too. I also find if you are going to use this on a person, close ups on the face work better for some reason.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

computer -> trump -> spaghetti -> hot

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

An old doll head plus octopus arms makes for a terrifying result.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Meet Channing Potatum

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Stalin-era propaganda mixed with What a Freedom! by Illya Repin. (i like the first one.)

Frame from Andy Warhol's Marilyn Diptych mixed with Van Gogh's L'Arlésienne (kind of a mess tbqh.)

Frida's The Two Fridas mixed with a tapestry of the Catholic Monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain. (kinda meh.)

Wang Hui's The Kangxi Emperor's Southern Inspection Tour, Scroll Three: Ji'nan to Mount Tai mixed with Mao Tse-Tung leading the Cultural Revolution, artist unknown. (don't know why the reverse never loaded.)

Rembrandt's The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp mixed with The Night by Max Beckman. (kind of cool actually)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

YeOldePoop posted:

Spaghetti produces some horrifying results too. I also find if you are going to use this on a person, close ups on the face work better for some reason.

This is perfect.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Okay, so people have applied the same style to consecutive frames of an animation.

Has anyone tried applying the consecutive frames of an animation as a style to a static image and making an animation of that?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wheany posted:

Okay, so people have applied the same style to consecutive frames of an animation.

Has anyone tried applying the consecutive frames of an animation as a style to a static image and making an animation of that?

Apply the opening moments of The Second Renaissance, it starting with black and flaring onto flythrough of the geometric datascape.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

noooo

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I wonder if its feasible to run short youtube videos through this with a good GPU setup. Would take like, an hour per 2 seconds with 1x card but still I think the result might be worth it

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Testing different images with the same style:

+

=

-----------

+
Style
=

--------

+
Style
=

--------

+
Style
=

---------

+
Style
=

:shrug: The originals are in black and white, gonna skip posting the originals because phone posting and :effort:. did it anyway for completion's sake!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 4, 2016

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Dr. Teeth made of teeth didn't work out so well (and now "pile of human teeth" is in my search history).

Keep on Truckin' guy mashed with a truck engine is a little better.

Kurt Cobain in shotgun shells came out pretty good.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Patchwork Shaman posted:

Keep on Truckin' guy mashed with a truck engine is a little better.

I want this on a tshirt.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

So, deepart.io looks like it works p well huh? How long does an image take. I'm gonna start using that instead of the AWS for the near term.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Patchwork Shaman posted:

(and now "pile of human teeth" is in my search history).

I have "Made from teeth"

Also nail clippings.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

chaos

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

KoRMaK posted:

So, deepart.io looks like it works p well huh? How long does an image take. I'm gonna start using that instead of the AWS for the near term.

Between seven and eight hours. I usually do some before I go to bed and wake up with new combinations finished.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
two of Ralph Steadman's illustrations

on Hunter S. Thompson

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

YeOldePoop posted:

ahahaha

Could someone please make a potato Putin?

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Hogge Wild posted:

potato Putin?

poutine putin

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
I heard you like fractals so I fractaled your fractal.

Inspired by the Minecraft as landscape painting earlier, here's Terraria.

Same as above but reversed.

Meh.

Not really recognizable unless you look at the source image.

DAY I GOT COOKIE

Romanesco croccoli

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
Steve Buscemi + Woodchips

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
This is rad as gently caress

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Nerds!

A scene from Disney's Robin Hood made out of furries

ET made out of reeses pieces

The Mona Lisa made out of Super Mario 64

also, i tried doing that one a bit earlier and the image didn't upload correctly and most of it was just a black space, you can see where it cut off pretty easily but it still tried to style it:

I think i might try doing just black images with different styles because apparently it still adds the style elements to it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

drat, if you told me this was a picture of a real life art piece, I'd totally believe you.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

I have "Made from teeth"

Also nail clippings.

I'm disappointed to say that the results were not gross enough.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Okay, so this image of van Gogh's The Starry Night

Styled with this bead version of van Gogh's The Starry Night

results in this simulated-glass-bead version of van Gogh's The Starry Night:2bong:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Wheany posted:

I'm disappointed to say that the results were not gross enough.

maybe this could work:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Wheany posted:

Okay, so this image of van Gogh's The Starry Night

Styled with this bead version of van Gogh's The Starry Night

results in this simulated-glass-bead version of van Gogh's The Starry Night:2bong:

That's actually very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

we are literally making art and it is beautiful

• Locked thread